• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Summer Mermaids Event feedback

Mykan

Oh Wise One
5) Chest rewards - Going KonMari in the 142 currency chest, KP and AW KP do not spark joy. I am not sure they spark joy for anyone. Throw them out and bring in RR, spring flower cage, CC... anything but KP, AW KP, Coin Rain, or Windfall.

KP whether instant or not is very popular for many players. The need for KP far outstrips the supply, it is why more and more people are turning to farming tournaments for KP.

Personally I couldn't care less about a spring flower cage, I would prefer a coin instant as it has some use while a cage has 0 value to me (not even worth the spell fragments).

Deleted User - 312108

KP whether instant or not is very popular for many players. The need for KP far outstrips the supply, it is why more and more people are turning to farming tournaments for KP.

Personally I couldn't care less about a spring flower cage, I would prefer a coin instant as it has some use while a cage has 0 value to me (not even worth the spell fragments).
Hmmm, the reason I don't like the KP reward is 20 KP... you get in a day and yes, depending where you are you can go through a lot of KP. Certain areas you are researched blocked waiting for guest race goods and pouring KP into AWs. If it was something like 40 or 50 KP... then I might actually like it in the 142 currency chest... as it is, it feels low value. For the AW KP... well, you get plenty of monument of ancient knowledge so while they aren't 30 kp, you can put 5 down and get 5 3kp a day for aws. *shrugs* Also... carting library, I can fit quite a few of those in random little spaces at the end of a road and get an extra 5 kp daily. Those are a much better gift than a 20 KP in the chest.

So to me, the 20 KP and the 30 AW KP don't feel particularly special.

I wouldn't mind the 20KP and the 30 AW KP in the grand prize rotation or in the 57 or 85 chest. They just don't inspire the giddiness that I'd like to feel in the 142 currency chest. Still, it is a minor point of contention and far less of an issue than the event quests.

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted User - 3932582

Beta just got the Sharkapalooza as the Day 19 daily prize! It is up on elvengems now too. A 3x4 that gives pop/culture/goods etc. For me in chapter 14, that "goods etc" will be divine seeds at 3400 per day!
Unfortunately, 3,400 seeds is a 48 hours production. This makes Sharkapalooza one of the least efficient seed producers our there (worse than even lowly Spring Flower Cage). Yeah, I was equally excited when I though it was daily production...

Deleted User - 3932582

The chart on elvengems show it as a 24-hr production, so something is off somewhere.
Elvengems info is off. You can check Elvenarchitect, but here is from the source:

68281529_10214502672981216_167828363942035456_n.jpg

Take a look at hourly production.

Barstool1

Has anyone finished the 64 coral quests and started again at the beginning of the 30 coral quests. I have been playing the 64 quests for what seems like way to long and I am thinking that the game will just keep throwing 64 coral quests at me. Thanks, and please help.

Queen Draggon

Gotta agree Whole Heartdly with Lyleth, she has hit the nail on the head quite well. She was also very good at saying what I can't seem to put in to words that well. I have been playing this game for nearly 3 yrs and there are STILL so many probs with things that Inno clearly could care less about. I have to wonder tho cuz I can play games that are A LOT more intense with media and multi player formats, and I NEVER have encountered the VERY BASIC problems that Inno seem to refuse to address. If I do come across somthing similer, its generally fixed within a very good time frame. Making the game smoother and more enjoyable to play. Inno SAYS they fixed the Error messages when putting KP on things, YET I still get them nearly every single time I put KP on ANYTHING!
It seems to me that Inno needs to take some serious time out of Making New THIngs; and concentrate FOR ONCE, on Actually fixing ALLLLLLLL the various bugs and probs that this game has had since what seems like its inception........................................I have become so disgusted with things on this game that I am on the verge of quitting the game too. I LOVE doing events, but HATE this one!! I REFUSE to do 12 VV quests in a row, it has effectively depleted my CC's and frags and it takes ENTIRELY to long to make the bloody CC's. So event is not in my enjoyment box this time around. Which sux because I look forward to them, it gives me somthing more to do. I managed to get a cpl more event quests done simply by doing my normal thing, but after 2 easy quests it cycled right back to VV AGAIN!! So, it sits there and won't get fulfilled as I only have 3 CC's at the moment (because of the incesant VV quests prior) and am low on frags, but I will just turn the evo's into frags as I have quit the event and deleted the building as its utterly useless to me. I have more then plenty of my boosted T1 it really doesn't help me at all at this point in my city, it jsut takes up room I need to grow. It also don't provide me with much extra of supplies or even pop and culture. I have much better buildings in my inventory for pitys sake! I am just very depressed about this event; I am so bummed that I just don't even want to play at all now sadly...................................

Queen Draggon

Has anyone finished the 64 coral quests and started again at the beginning of the 30 coral quests. I have been playing the 64 quests for what seems like way to long and I am thinking that the game will just keep throwing 64 coral quests at me. Thanks, and please help.
Several ppl in my FS have gone thru the entire line of corals and have said that it does cycle back around, dunno for sure about anything per say as I have quit the event, but they seem rather excited to get 2 event buildings and evolved to 10 on each, so just telling u what they said. Hope its correct.

Barstool1

Several ppl in my FS have gone thru the entire line of corals and have said that it does cycle back around, dunno for sure about anything per say as I have quit the event, but they seem rather excited to get 2 event buildings and evolved to 10 on each, so just telling u what they said. Hope its correct.

Great thank you for the reply. I will keep at it, for now at least.

Black watch

I Think Lyleth needs to get some sort of reward for such a logical post. She addressed things wonderfully and nailed the head square on. Her comment about the KP for me was a touch off, but for her, that fit. I need KP like a it was a naughty drug and yeah, I harvest as much of it as I can through the tourneys.
Her comment about the players having difficulty with doing Provence work might have missed the scouting time higher level folks encounter. I'm in chapter ten and over scouted trying to get expansions and my scouting time is getting terrible.
For and event, the problem she mentioned could be compensated for by having several/many Provence's scouted but not finished like I do, but that in itself is not really a fix to the problem she mentions.
I guess what I'm saying is that even the upper level people are encountering problems with that part of the event and with them repeating, it nullifies whatever someone has done to combat the problem(s).
Seems to me, INNO has people playing in Beta and using that as test bed to augment their own testing, so why we still encounter a less than successful event is puzzling.
I understand that this is a business, but to have people leaving due to various issues should be a long over due wake-up call that they seem to be ignoring (Soggy leaving etc).
Perhaps instead of making an event like this one that seems to have a lot of issues, they could have just used the Phoenix event model again with new rewards and artwork and taken the time to fix issues many talented people like Soggy, Lyleth and well a bloody host of others, as advocated for for YEARS!
INNO, I think it's time to put on your adult pants, tool pouch and get to remodeling things just like you did with the FA collection system and yes, that was a breath of fresh air and one you should be proud of. It proves you can do it and it proved that the people playing this game were DESPERATE for that change.
Look at the numbers of the people that jumped onto that FA with joy. It screwed up a tourney start for pete's sake.
Fix the game and you'll have people staying and might even have people coming back.
There is plenty of time after the fixes to make new stuff and your power base will thrive.

DeletedUser17757

Dear Humans and Elves,

Please take a moment to let us know what you think about our Summer Mermaids Event!

We hope you enjoy it and we look forward to hearing what you think!

Kind Regards,
Your Elvenar Team
I do not like this way of doing events at all.... I get the randomness, but not quite fair, when you get a 2 day quest for the same level 3 times in a row. How are you supposed to get thru the quests going like that. Life is busy and sometimes hard and I play the game to have fun, not be frustrated all the time.

DeletedUser23108

I don't like this quest system and after a 36 coral reward quest demanded 24 hour productions I stopped participating in the event. I don't plan to continue because of the quest change but I keep getting the "corals have washed up" message every time I go back into my city. This thing is set to go on for some time too so; Can we shut off notifications about events? Or is there a way to opt out of the event?

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I don't like this quest system and after a 36 coral reward quest demanded 24 hour productions I stopped participating in the event. I don't plan to continue because of the quest change but I keep getting the "corals have washed up" message every time I go back into my city. This thing is set to go on for some time too so; Can we shut off notifications about events? Or is there a way to opt out of the event?

Every big event has those 24-hour and 48-hour production quests, so that is nothing new. Previous events have also required a larger number of them than this one has so far. And no, there is no way to turn any of it off. You will have to deal with it for another 19 days.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Some people are just having terrible luck with the quest rotation. On 6 cities I actively play I have had almost no quest repetition.

Yeah, my luck has been pretty good for the most part too. In the last 10 hours I received the "produce 6 24-hour tier 1 goods" quest twice, so I needed to use a couple of 14-hour time boosters in order to not have to wait 24 hours for two of the second batch to finish. And I have gotten the "complete two provinces" quest three times in the last two days, at the 62-coral level, but I came into this event with probably 10+ scouted provinces available to complete. So identical quests close together that could have slowed me down, have not done so yet.

DeletedUser23108

Every big event has those 24-hour and 48-hour production quests, so that is nothing new. Previous events have also required a larger number of them than this one has so far. And no, there is no way to turn any of it off. You will have to deal with it for another 19 days.
Well, thanks for putting me in my place. What was I thinking giving my feedback in the feedback thread? I'll take the information I needed and go now.

Deleted User - 312108

Well, thanks for putting me in my place. What was I thinking giving my feedback in the feedback thread? I'll take the information I needed and go now.
Hi @Attalissa, if you go onto elvengems.com they have a list of the current event quests. https://elvengems.com/mermaids/quests/
The quests repeat through a loop about twice at each currency level. You can choose to completely ignore the event. Looking you up, it looks like you are marble boosted, so you may want to participate a little as the evolving building is a marble boosted building. Some of the buildings that you may be able to acquire are also helpful. I do feel you on the 1-day builds. It helps if you have a little extra space (and with elven marble that is a bit easier than some other boosted) and can dedicate 4 factories to just producing the 1-day production and later the 2-day production.

I am also in chapter 6 so maybe my quest lists will be somewhat helpful or you may have already passed where I am at. Do as much of the event as you want or do not want to do. Take a look at elvengems at the daily prizes and see if anything interests you or would be helpful for your city in terms of culture/pop or like the trading outpost in providing portal profits.
upload_2019-8-10_15-13-47.png

Queen Draggon

Only problem with that is that THEY DO NOT ONLY DO TWICE! They are mulitiples of the same one over and over while still in same coral lvl.
I wouldn't have stopped doing the event if that were the case! But after 12 VV QUESTS, most of which were still in the 48 coral set, has destroyed my inventory of needed supplies for crafting. The choices are not very good most the time, and I have no pets to feed. U may want to look at that again.