• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Summer Mermaids Event feedback

Pheryll

Set Designer
Looking you up, it looks like you are marble boosted, so you may want to participate a little as the evolving building is a marble boosted building.

It is a building with a higher marble production than its steel or planks production. The building does not gain any bonus production from relics, even if marble is your boost (only manufactories get the relics boost), nor does it benefit from the ancient wonder/phoenix boost to manufactories. Those who are not boosted in marble will need to trade less for marble, while those who are boosted in marble will have more to trade.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
It is a building with a higher marble production than its steel or planks production. The building does not gain any bonus production from relics, even if marble is your boost (only manufactories get the relics boost), nor does it benefit from the ancient wonder/phoenix boost to manufactories. Those who are not boosted in marble will need to trade less for marble, while those who are boosted in marble will have more to trade.

Either the relics do count or we are getting another one of those display bugs, as I am boosted in marble and the info window for the building shows a boosted amount. I will have to watch next time I collect to see what I actually get.

Last edited:

Black watch

Only problem with that is that THEY DO NOT ONLY DO TWICE! They are mulitiples of the same one over and over while still in same coral lvl.
I wouldn't have stopped doing the event if that were the case! But after 12 VV QUESTS, most of which were still in the 48 coral set, has destroyed my inventory of needed supplies for crafting. The choices are not very good most the time, and I have no pets to feed. U may want to look at that again.
Ouch... wow that's harsh... I think that's proof enough something's not right and needs a fixing.
:/

Buttrflwr

As for me I am ok with the random quests concept. I see the need for it and it adds a level of challenge that can be fun. I think the issue however is the quests need a review as some are very difficult depending on your stage in the game. This can creates significant imbalance between players based on pure luck, and that's not good. Possible solutions are:
  • limiting certain requirements by chapter, like remove donate KP quests from people in chapter 1 and 2
  • review the number of very difficult or long tasks or provide more quests with "or" options
  • Reduce qty/lvl of things asked for in the more difficult tasks. For example upgrade 2 lvl 16 buildings is a big ask and requires a lot of space and population or a person at the end has to delete sections of there town, not fun. even level 12 or so is a major pain but it is a lot less of an issue than a level 16 building
  • While more difficult limit the more difficult tasks to a max of 1 appearance in a group. This way a person might still get one of these but knows they won't get it twice. It also reduces the unfairness of the randomness of someone getting 5 hard quests verse a person getting 5 easy ones. in the same group.
The concept is decent but the quests just need some refining. Also please ease up on the evolving buildings, I know they are the "flavour of the month" but mix it up a little with some sets or single buildings as the major prize. The continual upgrading becomes boring fast and some variety would be nice.

Mykan, I totally agree. I really don't have a problem with the "random" questline, in fact, I agree. It was way too easy to finish the event quest line in a couple of days the way it was set up. I personally never did that, but know many that did. My issue is with the repeating upgrade and 1 and 2 day prods in a cluster. We should NOT get those more than once per cluster. The randomness should come in what order we get the cluster, not which ones we may are may not get. And the chapter based quests should be a MUST. Also, bring back the daily. At least that gives those who are stuck an incentive to continue the event.

They did that once and never again. It makes me wonder if the outpost put more of a dent in their profits than the wells.

LOL, it made the guest races WAY too easy to complete in a very short amount of time by allowing those who went for that daily only to accrue hundreds of the portals over a relatively short period of time. You are guaranteed a pp every 2 days for 50 days, while the wells MIGHT give you diamonds once or twice a week.

Buttrflwr

to Buttrflwr, why you keep making the lvl14 upgraded to lvl20? (you said no room) im making 2-3 of them till lvl 13, then for the quest lvl 14 and 15 and delete them to restart the process, im making planks so the room is only 2X3 for 2/3 buildings.

RK, I had one extra T1 that I fast tracked to lvl 14. ASSUMING that I would get the tech or upgrade 2 bldgs to 14 ONCE in that cluster, that would make it lvl 16. Then, ASSUMING that I would get the scout or upgrade to 16 ONCE in that cluster, that would make it lvl 18. And the one would have been sufficient. That was NOT the case. I got the tech or lvl 14 THREE times in that cluster, which is why it went to lvl 20. I have moved stuff around and made room for 2 more T1 not included in the OVER abundance of shanty bldgs I have to be prepared for what might come next.

Pheryll

Set Designer
Either the relics do count or we are getting another one of those display bugs, as I am boosted in marble and the info window for the building shows a boosted amount. I will have to watch next time I collect to see what I actually get.

I looked on Beta. There are extra bonuses from wonders/pet feeding of aureate. It was reported as a bug and the response was not a bug.

Pheryll

Set Designer
These are the buildings so far that have a base production that can correspond to your boost:

Harvest Festival:
Cornucopia Sanctuary (Grand Prize): Marble
Harvest Storage (Daily Prize): Steel
Temple Entrance (Daily Prize): Planks
Kirit, God of Night Fruit: Crystal
Krarak, Bird of Sun Harvest: Elixir

Carnival:
Jester's Tavern: Elixir

Summer Mermaids:
Mermaid's Paradise: Marble

Looks like it may take several years for all the boosts to be accounted for. Right now it looks like there is a tendency for marble, crystal, and elixir to be over-represented.

DeletedUser19472

This random stuff does not get it for some of us that do not play this game 24-7.
If I can not plan on what is coming up, then I do not see this as being worth the effort.
when I get 3 back to back, make these 24 hour things, in a row, Well I think that is just plain stupid!!
But then maybe that is why I have over 85 coins instead of people in my found world! :)

DeletedUser19801

a notise
im at 60 Corals cycles, working by Gems list i printed 3 days ago, suddenly got " 6 toolbox (24hr)" quest
it isnt in my list, so i went back to Gems and they chainged/modified the list. i had 5 toolbox made for the 64 cycle, now stuck with making 1 for 24hr... if anyone working by Gems list, i suggest to check it somtimes to check if somthing chainged again.
didnt know it gonna be changable list :/

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Krarak - minimum with 18 chest needed is 7200 so higher than that as a base since you don't get one of those in every roll :) I saw one calculation based on the chest average of 23 currency which was 9200. Keep in mind it is 20 flags 20 times.

That also depends on when the amount needed per grand prize goes up from 20 to 30 coral after a certain point, like with the past two events with evolving buildings. I cannot remember when the increase happened, though, but it was sometime between the 20th and 30th grand prize.

But anyway, it take 17 grand prizes to max out one Mermaid's Paradise, and then the 18th grand prize is a second Paradise.

Also, for anyone else going this far in the prize cycle, the in-between buildings do not follow the same order the second time through. The Trading Outpost was the 12th prize the first time through, but it shows up again right after the 10th artifact, as the 20th prize, instead of not until the 24th spot.

Also, back on the numbers, I got the 9th artifact after the 6th quest at the 64-coral level, so I had earned 7524 coral from quests, plus what I had picked up off the ground in almost 6 days, plus a handful of chest rewards that were coral, and zero from the crafting chest so far this time. So maybe 8000 coral from everything got me a maxed out building. And whether is stays at 64 coral per quest til the end, or loops back to the beginning again like others have said it does, I still have plenty of days left to max another Paradise, depending on when the increase from 20 pearls 30 kicks in, and whether I am feeling that ambitious. lol