• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Summer Solstice Event Feedback

qaccy

@SoggyShorts All pretty much irrelevant to me, since I don't have much need for most of those resources. You already know I gain ample seeds from my Trader, I have the Dragon Abbey for mana boosts on-demand, and additionally I have a conglomeration of buildings from the Winter Market Set that provide plenty of resources. I suppose that set had an advantage of being a daily special in addition to an (eventual) grand prize, but since that was the only way to get Carnival pieces that made it a lot less appealing to me. I didn't even bother trying to complete all the quests to see if it was possible to obtain the full set without spending diamonds/buying currency, partly because the Winter Magic event was so generous in comparison.

And I stand by the power creep statement. I included all 3 Phoenixes in my post, if you notice. Each event is going to introduce something marginally better than the previous, because of course they will. What's the motivation to spend if you already have something better from a previous event? The Fire Phoenix is probably an outlier that may even be nerfed eventually, but the other two phoenixes are fine (well, Aureate still sucks) as a (low) baseline to start the creep upwards.

Last edited:

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
All pretty much irrelevant to me, since I don't have much need for most of those resources.
I don't see how you can justify that statement while having 4 T3 factories in your city. Replacing 3 of them (and their support buildings) with the jesters tavern is objectively superior. more efficient.
just ballparking
3 gems
3 workshops
10 residences
----
10 expansions

Jesters set 2 expansions.

Last edited:

qaccy

I don't see how you can justify that statement while having 4 T3 factories in your city. Replacing 3 of them (and their support buildings) with the jesters tavern is objectively superior. more efficient.
just ballparking
3 gems
3 workshops
10 residences
----
10 expansions

Jesters set 2 expansions.

I justify it with the rest of my post, which you seem to have omitted? I'm not arguing that set buildings aren't worth the space. I'm arguing that Carnival was a crappy event compared to Winter Magic and it wasn't worth my money. I spent less on Winter Magic and ended up with more than I got by the end of Carnival. I really don't feel like I missed out on anything. This event looks to compare to the Phoenix event the way Carnival compares to Winter Magic...unfavorably. Maybe it's just the way events have been set up since Carnival that makes them less appealing to me, because the Phoenix event was the same way but happened to have a grand prize that really appealed to me.

If Stonehenge wasn't changed to 48h in order to slip in a nerf to the KP production, it would've looked a little better but I probably still would've skipped going for it.

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
If Stonehenge wasn't changed to 48h in order to slip in a nerf to the KP production, it would've looked a little better

If they had changed it from 2 every 24 hrs to 4 every 48 hours instead of lowering the KP value it would be more appealing to me. I don't even want the Stonehenge if I can't level it all the way to 10. They made the prospect of spending to accomplish that less appealing by reducing the KP value in an item that doesn't have great returns. I really think that was a cheapskate move on Elvenar's part! It makes me feel like being a cheapskate right back at them :p Where I am in the game I don't need more mana. I don't need more seeds. I don't need more supplies. I don't need more culture. What I need is as much KP as I can get for AW's!

(edited to remove my error in pop value)

Last edited:

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
It saddens me that I have no interest in going for the grand prize. Stonehenge has had a special place in my soul since about the time I learned to read. The fact that there is a Stonehenge available, but I'm not willing to make the effort to get it to it' full power is probably a bad sign.

There are few human constructions as dear to the hearts of English-speaking fantasy fans as Stonehenge. Maybe none. I think that not making it something worth striving for is a significant error on the part of the developers.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
For this event though it was specifically mentioned. I don't remember if it was for Phoenix.

It was not mentioned for the Phoenix event, but some people were guessing/expecting it because the event before that did the same thing. I think people were more upset over the ability to get the extra Phoenix was never talked about during the event. And since this will be the third event in a row to increase after the 20th grand prize, it will probably be this way in the next big event as well.

As for this event, does anyone even care to get to 20 grand prizes? Even if you are trying to max the Stonehenge, you only need the nine artifacts and the eight intervening buildings, so that is 17 grand prizes max.

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
Somewhere in all the information I've read about the Summer Solstice; there was mentioned that the Stonehenge structure was available multiple times during the event. The expression who could eat only one Lays Potatoes Chip would certainly be appropriate here.

I would think that after the Summer Solstice is upgraded to level 10 then a 2nd one might come up in the grand prizes. That is assuming it works like the Phoenixes. That being the case, it would take a big spend to get a 2nd one and also level it up.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Not feeling up to a full feature suggestion, but the desirability of the Stonehenge could be increased by adding a feeding component. It could be couched as a sacrifice of food to the sun in order to improve crops. Perhaps doubling the speed output of Workshops for 24 hours, similar to the speed-ups which appeared at random a few times last year.

qaccy

@Ashrem I agree. Don't be silly in thinking it'd last for 24 hours though...probably only 3.5 since it affects productions. That's probably why the Fire Phoenix lasts for 24, since it doesn't have a direct effect on the production for something.