• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Summer Solstice Event Feedback

kctanzen

I hadn't noticed this before, but if this is a new feature, I LOVE IT!!! ====

Daily quests, if you get behind, no longer lock out to a 24 hour timer when you complete the currently active task.
They only lock out to the next daily timer once you have caught up to the current day.

DeletedUser18011

I've grabbed a few more Stonehenge Artifacts but I haven't evolved Stonehenge yet - I'm almost at the end of a chapter. If I wait until the new chapter to evolve will I gain anything different or is Stonehenge tied to the chapter I gained it in?

Deleted User - 3932582

I've grabbed a few more Stonehenge Artifacts but I haven't evolved Stonehenge yet - I'm almost at the end of a chapter. If I wait until the new chapter to evolve will I gain anything different or is Stonehenge tied to the chapter I gained it in?
It's tied to a chapter when you got it. You will gain nothing by waiting till the next chapter now (well, except space if you need it temporarily).

Deleted User - 312108

There are more collect enchant quests coming. I really dislike these as at level it takes 16+ hours to produce them and other than tourneys everything else to gain them is random. I'll test out to see again if crafting vs. producing works, but I hope they add an OR next event to any of these. I know you can gain them from chests, but I prefer saving my event currency up for the buildings I want rather than spend it and have a chance at getting something I am only going to disenchant.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Not bad this time. Finished all the sequential quests today, so 12 days to do them all. Sure, I burned a bunch of time reduction instants to speed up province scouting or building upgrades or to speed up enchantment production, but it was worth it. And all this without using any cheat sheets to plan out things before the event started. :)

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Has anyone managed to time it to see if the enchantments in the group chests at the end of the tournament count?

There are more collect enchant quests coming. I really dislike these as at level it takes 16+ hours to produce them and other than tourneys everything else to gain them is random.
I try to make sure I have a few of the longer (eight and of fourteen hour) instants set aside for events, specifically to be able to grab a bunch of enchantments quickly out of the academy.

kctanzen

There are more collect enchant quests coming. I really dislike these as at level it takes 16+ hours to produce them and other than tourneys everything else to gain them is random. I'll test out to see again if crafting vs. producing works, but I hope they add an OR next event to any of these. I know you can gain them from chests, but I prefer saving my event currency up for the buildings I want rather than spend it and have a chance at getting something I am only going to disenchant.

I don't know how much room you have in your city -- but it may be worth removing some replaceable buildings, set up enough workshops / tier 1 factories for the long builds you have next. This way, when the next tourney starts up Tuesday, you can use those for encounters and if you have quite a few provinces completed, almost everything on page 2 has a spell reward for the first round. Having the long builds ready so I'm not twiddling thumbs is the key for me.

Also - you can 'time' the upgrade steps in a similar way .. I used one elvish house and simply disconnected it from the road when it had about 10 minutes left to go .. when the step comes up, hook it up and finished up real quick. The longest it every took me was just short of a 9 hour build. I used a house because if fit in the space I had set aside for the upgrade steps nicely.

DeletedUser19458

My take on this event: The grand prize is meh. I won't be spending squares on it that's for sure. Compared to grand prizes I've seen since I started playing last September it's probably the worst.

Also the chests seem more stingy this time around compared to Phoenix. I was able to get 9 upgrades in Phoenix (when my focus was mainly on daily prizes not grand prize). This time around I've spent about half my flares and only have 3. I will be lucky to get 3 more I think. If there is no more chances at upgrades after the event ends .. probably not possible to get to 10 unless your a diamond player? (and who would spend diamonds on this building anyways ...)

I think the only reason half the people in my FS are bothering with this event is for the Venar's.

DeletedUser12435

I have an issue with the quest, I always tried to keep my provinces pretty much even with tech research .. quests past and present had me scouting and entering way past my level. Now for the quest Ive had to scout several places, I can not even cater nor fight catering takes orcs I am not at a level to even obtain orcs, the tourney (even IF it was on right now which it is not that ended yesterday (75 encounters?) totally depletes resources for smaller cities like mine!..is this quests level specific since orcs are needed someone in my level doesn't have a chances at completing and if they want to has to spend real money so it wouldn't be a total waste of time when they are almost at the end?...smh...

Deleted User - 3932582

totally depletes resources for smaller cities like mine!..is this quests level specific since orcs
If you're indeed a smaller city (chapter?), and your map negotiation requires orcs, this means you have massively overscouted. I was scouting ahead (by about one chapter) and never got into orcs requirements until well after I was able to produce them.

You can still do tournaments (even if slowly). but you still will be pooched on Complete Province quests. You can try to snipe and craft Orcs Nest - negotiation requirements for orcs are pretty miniscule, so even one should be able to get you by for now.