• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Support improvements needed?

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
Over the years I've played Elvenar I've contacted support a few times and found them very responsive. The speed of the response is nice and reliable, and the answers are usually pretty good -- even if they point out it's an "I-D-10-T" error ("ID1OT"). Polite and quick is a pretty good description of their overall response, even if, sometimes they aren't accurate and forget to actually read the entire notice from me.

In the course of my reports though, I've often run into two problems. First, they insist they need a "screen shot." Why? Are the verbal descriptions that unclear? When I say "I have the trader open and the top trade is complete but the other trades are blank except for what's being offered and the button to accept the trade. or "the entire screen grows dim and I can only click on the options/settings button." Now a picture might give them something more, but why not just ask for what they are looking instead of making me take a picture? (I suspect it's all tied into younger people expecting images in place of text and the difficulty of actually comprehending that is written, -- a point researchers are finding more and more prevalent in young people). In any case, I would like to see help read more carefully before responding. I've notified them that I have a problem, what the problem is, and what steps I've taken to solve it only to have them shoot back a list of the steps I just told them I took to solve it!

Second, when they do ask for images I can attach exactly 1 image. The recent trader problem is a case in point. I documented with images the 8 things I saw as I moved from the trader working fine to the whole game locking up. I then showed the, in the locked screen, and how the Options/Setting button "sort of" worked, though it displayed only one small icon. 8 images in all. I went to send them in the "reply" to their request for images and could upload only a single image. The applicable options were "link" and "Send Reply," no "attache file" box. So I started a new report and that allowed me a single image. I thought about sending them 7 more reports, one image per report, but that's just silly. Perhaps you can attach more images to the original notice but I didn't see how.

So two things: read the reports more carefully, and allow multiple images to be attached to the original and to the reply. Those are my suggestions. You have any?

AJ

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
@helya
I've never been able to attach more than one pic to an initial support ticket. Once I have received a response, I can then attach multiple pics to a reply. I send what I consider to be the most pertinent pic and then, in the description of the problem, I note other pics available that may be helpful. If the support staff wants them, I attach them to the reply.

I wonder if it was done that way to avoid getting a dozen pics for fairly routine support questions? Ex: pics of all the unlocked culture bldgs in the build windows when looking for a 'Dwarven Statue' (a production in the Copper Foundry Ch6). As often as we see that on the forum with so few players ever visiting here, I'd guess support sees it, too. I bet there are others.

ajqtrz

@samidodamage When I got the answer they asked for pictures and I tried to reply with them but the only green button at the bottom that was there said "send reply" or something like that. There was no "attach image" anywhere below the reply box. The menu at the top of the reply box said various things, like bold, and such, but no "add image" or "insert picture." Did your reply box include a green icon at the bottom to add images?

AJ

ajqtrz

You're supposed to be able to attach multiple images, so the fact that you couldn't is the issue there.

Screenshots are required for us to submit a bug report.

Next time it happens I'll do that. Sorry if this thread is a bit to narrowly focused. I really was looking for suggestions as to improving support but got too focused on my problems.

AJ

Myne

Oh Wise One
Next time it happens I'll do that. Sorry if this thread is a bit to narrowly focused. I really was looking for suggestions as to improving support but got too focused on my problems.

AJ
The system they have in place is sufficient. The only way to improve it would be to get more of the competent conscientious people in place to operate it. These days, that is a feat in and of itself. That makes it a case, unfortunately, of running through people until those in place become a proficient and cohesive team. I am sure you know that from your management days.
A. Customer service has never been a field folks have flocked to. John Q. Public is abusive and nasty these days.
B. It takes a certain type of person to be able to listen to nothing but complaints all day everyday without burning out.
C. Keeping your issues reported succinct and specific and then thanking them and rating them well helps. Getting too verbose can make them "zone out" and perhaps not catch the crux of the matter. After all, they see hundreds of complaints daily I am sure.

helya

Beloved Ex-Team Member
Turnover in support, as they are volunteers, is always going to be on the high side and we often have many in training. They do try their best and take an extraordinarily high amount of abuse so please be patient with them. You are also always welcome to ask for a review by a CM if you think they either didn't understand or aren't checking something you're asking about.

I'm always looking for new moderators too, just saying.

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
I will volunteer if I get a euro grade ban hammer...it'll be fun! No forts!
Forts is code for fairies. Elves are okay!
Sometimes instead of trying to figure out how to bypass someone's guarded walls to sneak in, it's easier to waltz in the front door with the keys to the kingdom as a volunteer. People get suspicious now if I offer to volunteer or start being overly helpful. Sometimes they can't help themselves though and think, "There's not enough time for her to do anything with all this on her plate..." Famous. Last. Words. Unfortunately, I think helya is already onto me, even if I clean up and wash out all the soot of our pyro-misadventures.
trojan-horse-0-1462600130-1080x1080.jpg