• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Support Support by Supporting Support on Supports for Sports

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
I can't decide if this is a Holiday Gift Item or an Idea/Suggestion, but if I put it here, then it can go for a vote and possibly reach the CM of Tonga.

The July 2022 Fellowship Adventure has brought many a fellowships to tears. Even the most stalwart adventurers among them are feeling the pinch and are on their knees. I personally do not even have enough neighbors to visit to form one Sack of Coin badge and I have 28 pages of neighbors. Many have resorted to raiding their savings accounts and emptying their inventories of Coin Rains to make ends meet, resulting in hyperflation in the wholesaler and requiring players to empty their coin bars multiple times to make room for more coins. I, together with industry-leading experts of monetary policy, the Shenanigan Elves, present a very well thought out new solution to the Coin Rain/Wholesaler issue...

Instead of making us buy T1-T3 goods at tens of millions of coins per pop, we should be allowed to spend our hard-captured coin water on a new Snack Arcade. The new Snack Arcade consists of dangling support staff on support harnesses over a large pool of snacks and seeing how much snacks they can pick up using only their arms and legs (or fins). Each play action costs players a 10% Coin Rain to play. Support staff must alternate round robin. The Support member with the most snacks at the end of the Fellowship Adventure gets to keep all the snacks. The Support member with the least snacks must eat Bud Sorceress's Nuclear Revenge with no napkins allowed. Additionally, players may optionally sponsor a Support personnel to enter the pool for winning additional Pet Food if their staff member of choice wins the Snack Arcade. It's not gambling because it's called "hedging" when talking in sophisticated terms of finance and economics, like we are.

snack arcade.png

Pros:
  • One word: Snacks.
  • Players will get more value and entertainment out of their Coin Rains and not feel cheated spending it on inflationary wholesaler
  • Increase FA participation as more people will be willing to pay for the spectacle.
  • Ties game changes to interact with the human Support element more interactively so all changes will impact Support more directly than just with virtual tickets.
  • Players need to spend many Coin Rains to make it through FA so Support staff will be literally too tied up in harnesseseseses to answer any support tickets so devs will need to think decisions carefully through to limit support ticket storms they've themselves created that are going unanswered
  • Licensing opportunities to create merchandise such as T-shirts, mugs, foam fingers, etc. to allow players to cheer on their favorite support staff and generate more revenue for Inno. (C'mon, I'm rooting for you, unnamed Senior In-Game Support who first handled the Black Abyss ticket before the good cop/bad cops took over!)
  • The U.S. market players can "pay back" the CM of Tonga.
Cons:
  • Many humans and elves have been displaced from their homes by ruthless landlords that destroyed their residences for the event and are probably going hungry who could benefit from eating the snacks. (At least we've paved more streets for them to live on amongst psychotic shaking groves of trees and marble mines.)

Last edited:

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
Love it!

I have to visit approximately 190 neighbors to get one coin badge. Considering how many coin badges are needed to complete this third map, I'd say that all of us are tearing out our hair and saying some very unladylike things about them. I think that they are now worse than blacksmiths. Frankly, I don't like the bracelet badges either. I have 6 maxed out planks that I put MM spells on, and then collect. I keep thinking there has to be a mistake, not even earning one full coin badge on 6 three-hour runs with MMs. This is a crazy crazy new FA world.

crackie

Lol
You  do realize that certain Scroll Keepers might get corralled for this as well, @crackie? But maybe you're just stacking the deck against @muffy.
Scroll Keepers are not support! Or at least nobody told me. Otherwise I should not have to pick so many locks be given a set of universal keys or something, right? Right??? I can be totally trusted with keys to the backend. I would never even conceive of the notion of making a spare copy for the Shenanigan Elves (somebody else wrote this sentence...I don't know how it got there).

Also, @muffy. would have an advantage here. She has a lot of experience dangling from above, specifically from chandeliers.

LOL, that is awesome, most bets will be on Helya to win of course!
I'm rooting for the Senior In-Game Support that got my Black Abyss ticket before helya intervened! It could be another underdog story, but the Self-Appointed President of the Bud Sorceress Fan Club should be used to it by now!

Also, nobody asked, but I've amended the thread title to better reflect @Nerwa's suggestion.

Last edited:

muffy.

Chef - Scroll-Keeper - Chandelier Swinger - EAA
I will be dangling forsure !! But you say snacks snacks …. What bout refreshments refreshments !! Sittin round here waiting for coins can drive one to drink!! It’s jager time !!!!! Let the bombs begin !!!!

Zoof

I will be dangling forsure !! But you say snacks snacks …. What bout refreshments refreshments !! Sittin round here waiting for coins can drive one to drink!! It’s jager time !!!!! Let the bombs begin !!!!
NOOOO STAY OFF THE CHANDELIER!! No good can come of it!
YES @muffy. YES! GET ON THE CHANDELIER AND RIDE IT LIKE A MECHANICAL BULL! IT'S LET'S GET WASTED PARTY TIME!

Oh, and could you grab some snacks while you're up there? I'm busy taking a quick dip in the lake before someone decides the FA should end and turns it into a perpetual super toilet

muffy.

YES @muffy. YES! GET ON THE CHANDELIER AND RIDE IT LIKE A MECHANICAL BULL! IT'S LET'S GET WASTED PARTY TIME!

Oh, and could you grab some snacks while you're up there? I'm busy taking a quick dip in the lake before someone decides the FA should end and turns it into a perpetual super toilet
Lil miss muffy
Is sittin on her tuffy
Gathering coins for the FA
Along comes the Spire
Poppin in beside her …
As she says I’m in no mood to play !!

But not really lolol …
I'm gonna swing from the chandelier
From the chandelier
I'm gonna live like tomorrow doesn't exist
Like it doesn't exist

muffy.

Ya know …. When someone says “go jump in the lake “ they really don’t mean it . ;) If ya get thirsty just stand under the chandelier and I’ll drop ya down a j bomb !!!!

crackie

@helya MAY be out front in the lawn chair with hoarded snacks....just sayin'
I dunno...it looks more like she's...hanging in there....trying to deal with an influx of coin badge support tickets...and people cheering for a suggestion like this.

If ya get thirsty just stand under the chandelier and I’ll drop ya down a j bomb !!!!
You'll drop it whether anyone's down there or not. I asked the Persian rug...

muffy.

I dunno...it looks more like she's...hanging in there....trying to deal with an influx of coin badge support tickets...and people cheering for a suggestion like this.

You'll drop it whether anyone's down there or not. I asked the Persian rug...
Persian rug and I got a thing goin on .. he softens my fall….in case SOMEONE starts the place on fire… just sayin..

One, two, three, one, two, three, drink
Throw 'em back 'til I lose count
I'm gonna swing from the chandelier
From the chandelier ;)

Astram

Forum Moderator
Elvenar Team
Wait a Sec, can you provide details on what "snacks" mean specifically. Oh and Helya is on a magical mystery cruise and my not respond right away as you normally expect. {she left me the keys too, but not the ones to the sweets warehouse????Strange isn't it?}

crackie

Wait a Sec, can you provide details on what "snacks" mean specifically. Oh and Helya is on a magical mystery cruise and my not respond right away as you normally expect. {she left me the keys too, but not the ones to the sweets warehouse????Strange isn't it?}
If the Shenanigan Elves are involves, I bet it's going to be something like leftover Seahorse food that Seacookie didn't eat and not what we're expecting to feed our pets. I'm afraid you might be fish out of water in this event though, @Astram. Not sure how many bags of snacks you can wrap your fins around. Don't worry...if you have a beautiful baritone voice, I know of a sea witch that will trade you a pair of human legs, but best read the fine print in that EULA. Maybe @Alram can give you pointers. I think she's been practicing how to catch things with her flippers for trust fall exercises at the next forum retreat.

No one else would have a chance, so you're making the prudent choice.
Hmmm...Buddy, she's suggesting we're betting on the wrong horse and not making prudent choices. The dictionary said something about good judgement and common sense, which we obviously have an abundance of as the resident pyromaniacs. Maybe we need @MaidenFair to explain what we're missing and not understanding about that particular word.