• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Sustainable Spell Frag production ideas?

Hawk1911

I'm brainstorming ways to increase spell fragment production, aside from the obvious of the running the Spire. Interested in hearing any ideas you might have.

Preface: I'm in Chapter 13, Gold Spire FS, average 5k in tourney every week. With the addition of my new 3rd favorite building, Red Panda Master, I want to increase my crafting production to get 1 mystical object chest every day, which in turn increases the odds of winning 500 diamonds on a weekly basis. The limiting factor is spell fragments. (We received our Spire awards yesterday, and I've already spent all the catalysts and spell frags I won from the spire in less than 24 hrs)

Ideas already using: Run the Spire, disenchanct all the "junk" buildings and excess enchantments won from tourney. In the events, I collect 8-10 of the largest (in area by squares) daily prize buildings to disenchant. Also have 3 Moonstone Library sets and collect daily.

Ideas:
1. New dedicated plot of land for spell frag farming. Build the campus from ch10, teleport it, then disenchant for 2940 spell frags. Rinse and repeat. That could generate as much as 20k per week, but would eventually run out of teleports if done daily (have 84 right now, and typically win 3 per week).

2. Well... I don't have any other ideas haha! How about you?

next 2 credited to @samidodamage (Thanks!)
3. One idea I've seen is disenchanting items crafted. If the goal is VV, you're crafting excess stuff you don't need/want to place in your city. The return on the SF's used is negative (ex: it costs more SF's to craft a bldg than you get from disenchanting them), but if you've already crafted them for the VV's, you can get some of the SF's back from that, reducing your overall cost of SF's for crafting the bldg.

4. Disenchanting the PP's from Trading Stations won in the Spire instead of disenchanting the bldg. This assumes you have an oversupply of PP's or simply don't use many of them and that you have the space for the bldg in your city. The bldg is only worth 480 SF's. One 10% PP is worth 800 SF's. The building gives one 10% PP every 48hrs for 50 days before it expires.

Last edited:

DeletedUser29768

I would like to see an Ancient Wonder or Evolving Building that produces spell fragments on a regular basis. This would give people a chance to do plenty of crafting even if they don't top the spire every week.

BrinDarby

I would like to see an Ancient Wonder or Evolving Building that produces spell fragments on a regular basis.
uhhhh, like...... The Moonstone Library set ??? which, had they just changed to T2 +1/2
a long time ago, it might still be winnable in the Spire, like it should be.... hahahahaha
That way you could get multiples, and get more frags from link bonuses.....

DeletedUser29768

Any new ancient wonder will be added to the end game. I would much rather see an event/evolving/expiring/pet....anything!
Yes, you're right. I agree an event building would be far preferable to an AW, since people in the last chapter probably wouldn't need it anyway.
uhhhh, like...... The Moonstone Library set ???
Yes, that's a good example. Unfortunately, as you pointed out, it's kind of limited in its usefulness now, but definitely better than nothing. I'd still welcome any new building that gave more frags, though.

DeletedUser29768

Then get better @ , and play more .... Spire....
Didn't we go thru all those "xtra" frags floating around there,
in another thread, hahahaha.
Yes, l think it's largely dependent on your crafting habits. If, like @Iyapo1, you craft almost everything that shows up, you're going to need more; if you only craft once a day or less, you're going to have lots of excess. The OP tops the spire, and he's still looking for ways to get more frags. I just think it would be nice to have a building that would allow those who do craft a lot to produce more; those who aren't crafters, of course, don't need to build it. It's not an absolute need, just something that would be nice to see.

Last edited by a moderator:

Iyapo1

Then get better @ , and play more .... Spire....
Didn't we go thru all those "xtra" frags floating around there,
in another thread, hahahaha.
I cant get better @ or play more spire. The is nothing above the top.

I have 1 city with 5 libraries. It is not short spell fragments. I have 1 city with 3 libraries and 1 city with 2 both of those run out constantly. I can not even imagine the pain of having 1 library.

Chriger

I want to increase my crafting production to get 1 mystical object chest every day, which in turn increases the odds of winning 500 diamonds on a weekly basis.

I somewhat doubt the game developers want people to get enough CCs and spell fragments, to craft enough to get a reward chest each day, even if they are active players. Particularly if it's a way to get free diamonds...

So either spell fragments or CCs will always be limiting, so people can't craft everything.

Hawk1911

Both @LeviathanJob and @Iyapo1 understand the issue. Those that craft a lot (more than 12 or more items per day), it is difficult to generate enough spell frags to keep pace.

My goal is to win a mysical object chest on a daily basis, with the intent to win an extra 500 diamonds every week. To do that, I need to craft 100 vision vapor every day, or approximately 12 items per day. 12 items cost approx. 800 spell frags each, so I need 9600 spell frags per day or 67,000 per week. The items crafted are just a fringe benefit. The real prize is to "craft" 500 diamonds weekly.

The typical weekly spell fragment production is:
12k-15k from the spire
3675 from each moonstone library (11k for me x3)
=25k per week for me

Other souces:
10k per month by disenchanting daily event prize buildings (could be increased with more focus)
6k per month by disenchaniting enchantments won from tournaments

Back to my original question, are there other ways to generate more spell fragments? Thanks for the discussion!

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
@Hawk1911
I'm fortunate to have been playing since Spire launched, and I have a huge supply of Library sets in both cities: 10 placed in one city and 6 in the other with more in inventory. I'm in the 'craft 500 diamonds' category, but still have an obscene amount of SF's. I'm pretty happy with cycling the Mystery Object 3x's/week so I'm not nearly as committed as yourself and @Iyapo1 :D
One idea I've seen is disenchanting items crafted. If the goal is VV, you're crafting excess stuff you don't need/want to place in your city. The return on the SF's used is negative (ex: it costs more SF's to craft a bldg than you get from disenchanting them), but if you've already crafted them for the VV's, you can get some of the SF's back from that, reducing your overall cost of SF's for crafting the bldg.
Another is disenchanting the PP's from Trading Stations won in the Spire instead of disenchanting the bldg. This assumes you have an oversupply of PP's or simply don't use many of them and that you have the space for the bldg in your city. The bldg is only worth 480 SF's. One 10% PP is worth 800 SF's. The building gives one 10% PP every 48hrs for 50 days before it expires.

Hawk1911

@samidodamage one word for you... Brilliant!!

Both are great ideas and the reason why I posted the question. That is "out of the box thinking"!! I will give both of those some serious thinking. I hadn't considered trading PP's because I normally felt they are too valuable. That said, I rarely use them, so they might be a great source for spell frags. I have 4 trading stations in inventory. Hmm... that's 1800 spell frags per day or 12,600 SF per week.

DeletedUser29768

I'm pretty happy with cycling the Mystery Object 3x's/week
I think a few times a week is a pretty reasonable rate, and therefore it should not be unreasonable for there to be ways to achieve that. I do think it's a shame that new players can only get one Library, but with the ideas you provided, it might be achievable for a dedicated player.

BrinDarby

I cant get better @ or play more spire. The is nothing above the top.
hahaha, yes sooo true ... I meant for those who aren't getting there normally.

As far as Moonestone set, now that they have changed it to a T2+, I see no
reason why it can't go back into the Spire where it belongs. Even if they keep
artifacts somehow and dilute slightly whats possible each week in Spire.
They already have built in set pieces that can give frags.... the only reason
to limit availability was when it was just all scrolls, thats not so now.... heh.
Abolish the limits of 1, and put back into Spire........

With all the new "perks" that are adding value to Spire play, I really enjoyed
back when you had to play the Spire to "earn" your Moonestone pieces, to then
make your MA work better...

Guurt The Destroyer

I constantly run out of spell fragments. I have two Moonstone Libraries but I just always run out of fragments. Towards the end of the week I often find myself crafting buildings that I can disenchant.... so at least I am crafting something.

Iyapo1

The next chapter upgrade I do... I will be teleporting any buildings I decide to get rid of into inventory and frag instead of just selling. I am finally in a high enough chapter that the buildings frag for more than the teleport spell.

Last edited: