• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Switch between game worlds on iOS (mobile app)

DeletedUser14457

Hi,

I am playing the game on 2 worlds right now, and this would help with logging in and out within the mobile app on iOS.

I think this option (or variations on this idea) should work on devices that support Touch ID:

Instead of logging out and back in for the new world and filling in the user/password each time, add a "Switch world" option, using Touch ID for confirmation.

DeletedUser8946

This idea has been suggested and yet to be implemented on PC; much less mobile. It's a much needed feature.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
The notion of switching worlds is great. I don't get the relevance of Touch Id. It takes a highly sought feature and relegates it to a fraction of the player-base without any good reason.

DeletedUser14457

The notion of switching worlds is great. I don't get the relevance of Touch Id. It takes a highly sought feature and relegates it to a fraction of the player-base without any good reason.
Ensuring the account owner is the one logging into the iOS mobile app, for example. As i am using iOS, I could really use this.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Ensuring the account owner is the one logging into the iOS mobile app, for example. As i am using iOS, I could really use this.
I get Touch ID for logging into the game, but what does it add to changing worlds, over just having a "change Worlds" button that isn't protected by Touch ID? Is there a concern about being logged into the game and someone grabbing your device and changing worlds without you wanting them to?

Mykan

Oh Wise One
This idea has been suggested and yet to be implemented on PC; much less mobile. It's a much needed feature.

Actually PC does have this ability, you can exit your town select a new world and play it without re-entering your login information. Mobile certainly needs some ability to do this.

DeletedUser14457

I get Touch ID for logging into the game, but what does it add to changing worlds, over just having a "change Worlds" button that isn't protected by Touch ID? Is there a concern about being logged into the game and someone grabbing your device and changing worlds without you wanting them to?
Sorry for being unclear, what I wanted to say is to create the account info into the iOS Accounts Settings area, associate it with the Touch ID. Then each time you would login using Touch ID.
Not to protect the world switching operation with Touch ID.

DeletedUser8783

Actually PC does have this ability, you can exit your town select a new world and play it without re-entering your login information. Mobile certainly needs some ability to do this.
I can't switch between worlds on PC...I have to start the process for each city but at least I can save ID and PW

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I can't switch between worlds on PC...I have to start the process for each city but at least I can save ID and PW
Try checking the "Remember me" checkbox before logging in. It might not work depending on your browser security settings, but it usually does for me.
upload_2018-1-15_20-46-15.png

DeletedUser14457

Touch ID or not Touch ID, the world switching with the iOS app is quite great at the moment. I think this thread can be closed if needed. Thank you for implementing this, and sorry for waking up the thread again, I have been away from the game for more than one year.