• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Switch World Button instead of logging off

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Not to suggest it's ideal, but you can open the worlds in multiple tabs and move back and forth as you wish. Sometimes, depending on browser, a new tab might bump you the first time, but my experience in Chrome is that you can have all your worlds open at the same time,

DeletedUser2768

Not to suggest it's ideal, but you can open the worlds in multiple tabs and move back and forth as you wish. Sometimes, depending on browser, a new tab might bump you the first time, but my experience in Chrome is that you can have all your worlds open at the same time,

The problem with multiple tabs is the game freeze issue (can be resolved by resizing the window), and/or the stream error issue.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
the game freeze issue (can be resolved by resizing the window)
I've actually found that rather than fiddling with resize, clicking the maximize button on the browser (and again if you want it back to the previous size) works. I tend to run the window at almost exactly maximum size anyway, so the button has little effect on my play.

DeletedUser2768

I've actually found that rather than fiddling with resize, clicking the maximize button on the browser (and again if you want it back to the previous size) works. I tend to run the window at almost exactly maximum size anyway, so the button has little effect on my play.

I do the same. My window sizes are a little goofy right now because my LCD screen is cracked, but the restore down/maximize is the same.

DeletedUser20886

Even with a 64 bit browser in a 64 bit OS, having just 8 gigs of system RAM can be a bit of a hindrance. I built this rig 9 years ago, fixed and upgraded along the way many times. But it is time to replace the motherboard, CPU and system RAM. I can keep everything else, thankfully! Meanwhile, I have 3 Elvenar 'worlds' set up, and having all 3 loaded would bog the old box down. I too would appreciate the Switch Worlds rather than log out of each world each time. We have to be logged into Elvenar proper anyway, and the Game keeps our player handle for the City Names, so why not simply a Switch Worlds?

DeletedUser21133

Yes seeing the option to switch worlds would be nice.
I started my first city in world: CERAVYN and log into it.
Then when work done in that world, have to logout to switch to next world: FELYNDRAL.
Having a button to switch between worlds without logging out and in would be nice.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Yes seeing the option to switch worlds would be nice.
I started my first city in world: CERAVYN and log into it.
Then when work done in that world, have to logout to switch to next world: FELYNDRAL.
Having a button to switch between worlds without logging out and in would be nice.
If you use the browser on a computer, you can log into both at the same time in different tabs.

NightshadeCS

Since I find the hotkey for switching tabs more cumbersome than separate windows (love my alt-tab!), I actually open two windows of Chrome and have both of my worlds open at the same time. I have not run into any issues with crashing/lagging. But I do have a fairly new laptop and good WiFi.