• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

T3 Crosstrade wholesale options

• Thread starter Deleted User - 312108
  • Start date

Deleted User - 312108

So, I am posting in part due to annoyance since someone mailed me about crosstrades, which is something I rarely do and when I do it is as close to a 1:1 ratio as the trader allows. The message claimed there was a post from IG about not doing cross-tier trades... I don't follow the FB or other things from them so I cannot say to the truth of that matter.... however, given that we do have an annoying abundance of cross-tier trades abounding....

1) In the Trader under Wholesale allow T3 goods be used to purchase T1 or T2 goods.
2) Remove the limitation that says tor a T3:T1 trade it has to be 1:4 and allow it to be 1:2 or 1:1
3) Give us Event buildings that give T1 or T2 goods... the Phoenix event has so many T3 goods on top of Jesters Tavern, it is no wonder we are drowning in T3
4) Wishing Wells have a chance of producing T1 or T2 goods as well or instead of T3....

Personally I would like to see all 3 occur. Quite simply the demand at lower levels on Tourney is focused more on T1 and T2 goods so people always need those at a greater level. I think in some cities I could remove T3 factories altogether and still be swimming in them. I agree there should be a limitation on 0/1 star trades (or allow people to filter them out) but as a player base given that why would you say no to free goods and things that give you culture in addition to producing goods are always a boon means that unless IG actually takes steps to perform a balance this issue will persist.

This is one of the reasons beta cycle seems too close to live :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser20951

The message claimed there was a post from IG about not doing cross-tier trades.
O_O

I would mentally mark this player an unreliable source. To claim that Inno has urged against an intentional and sanctioned parameter of their own game is a bit beyond the pale of false information. They have indicated that they've taken note of the widespread trading imbalance, though, and might actually do something about it, eventually.

I heartily approve of your suggestions, especially the Wholesaler cross-tier option. I'd definitely use that to balance my goods, if necessary.

Deleted User - 312108

O_O

I would mentally mark this player an unreliable source.

I heartily approve of your suggestions, especially the Wholesaler cross-tier option. I'd definitely use that to balance my goods, if necessary.

Hence part of my annoyance :) But I do agree that it is an issue that does seem unaddressed. Obviously I like lists and options.

I don't feel cross-tier trading is inherently wrong and for lower level players it can be a huge boon. Right now though there are so many cross-tier trades that it does get maddening. I use the wholesaler a lot to rid myself of excess gold and supplies. It would be helpful to be able to do the same for T3 goods if they keep up the current mode for Events.