• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Take my Money

Iyapo

Personal Conductor
  • Thread Title: Marketing Ideas
  • Details: I think Inno should create diamond packages for Chapter 3 cities that provide goods and KP and coin/supply rains.
  • In chapter three Inno could offer these packages as limited time sales or one time offers.
  • Benefits / Pros: It would allow players to buy their way out of the Chapter 3 game pace slump.
  • Downsides / Cons: Such a package could be perceived as unfair by ftp players.
Inno already has price points for everything so blind suggestion: 9.99 for 10k of each T1 and T2, 10kp, and two 33% coin/supply rains?

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
Call it the Big Boost and pretend it's magical. You get a BUNCH of stuff. Like 50K of all the goods, 7500 frags, 50 CC, 12 relics of every type and all that...for and amazing $29.99! But wait, order in the next 3 minutes and we'll double...that's right, double, all of it. 100K of all the goods, 15,000 spell fragments, 25 (more than double!) relics of each and every type, and as yet another bonus...one military boost building, not of one type, one of each! ELR, MMM and UUU, all of them just for spending $29.99 plus a small fee for shipping and handling. What a bargain! Sweet and magical! Make your City Great Again!

My opinion is, no matter how cheap or how large the boost, after it's used the game will then slow down again and ...oh, wait....you could just offer another "Bigger Boost!" Hmmm..you might be on to something here.

AJ

Iyapo

Personal Conductor
Inno is not real big on coining doing more than speeding you up a little. I don't think they would go for the Big Boost you suggested. But a little boost might meet with their approval.

10k goods is nothing, most fellowships will happily hand such a small amount to players, so it is not an overwhelming advantage. Sadly new players are being funneled into to new fellowships that can not afford to help in such a small way.

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
Sadly new players are being funneled into to new fellowships that can not afford to help in such a small way.
I think funneling new players to newbie fellowships is doing a heck of a lot more harm than anything else they are doing in the name of balancing the game. It’s hard enough for veteran Archmages to manage a FS and keep it going. A rookie Archmage sailing a ship full of newbies is rarely going to go anywhere except a whole lot of players getting marooned or plainly abandoning ship altogether. All those changes they made changing chap1-5 is just gonna get undone on the retention level by players that don’t know what they are supposed to be doing in a group, feeling like they are spinning in place, and then just giving up to find something else to do.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
I think funneling new players to newbie fellowships is doing a heck of a lot more harm than anything else they are doing in the name of balancing the game. It’s hard enough for veteran Archmages to manage a FS and keep it going. A rookie Archmage sailing a ship full of newbies is rarely going to go anywhere except a whole lot of players getting marooned or plainly abandoning ship altogether. All those changes they made changing chap1-5 is just gonna get undone on the retention level by players that don’t know what they are supposed to be doing in a group, feeling like they are spinning in place, and then just giving up to find something else to do.
I agree. However, the "silver lining" might be that those intermediate fellowships that have 8-10 actives might like to merge with newer ones that have fewer actives. It's like a filtering process. The new fellowships may fade but before they do they can be absorbed ...the active players sort of moving up. This would really work if some bigger fs actually contacted these new start up fs's and offered them a way up for their active players. Like, "after you are hear 3 months with good growth, you could move up to our middle sized fs [insert name here] and the, if you are hear a year and get to [name amount of points or criteria] and we have an opening in [insert top of the line fs name here], you could come there."

See how it might work? We already have the top the intermediate on Khelonaar and that organization called Starfleet could do this pretty easily. All they have to do is start contacting small and new fellowships, and organizing them into their brand.

AJ

Katwick

Cartographer
the "silver lining" might be that those intermediate fellowships that have 8-10 actives might like to merge with newer ones that have fewer actives. It's like a filtering process. The new fellowships may fade but before they do they can be absorbed
There was a recent fuss about folks who have multiple accounts in the same world. The rather firm answer is that multiple accounts are FINE with InnoGames so long as they're not being used for UNBALANCED PUSHING. See Alt Accounts are Fine To the point, Feeder Fellowship are the NORM in Worlds of Warcraft and many other gaming environments.

So the OBVIOUS strategy is that the major Fellowships SHOULD each have a Farm or Junior Varsity Fellowship, with a Core of experienced players (on alternate accounts) who enjoy teaching new players the basics, with a clear understanding that they're expected to GRADUATE to the main Fellowship when they're ready for Tournaments and The Spire.

Last edited:

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
There was a recent fuss about folks who have multiple accounts in the same world. The rather firm answer is that multiple accounts are FINE with InnoGames so long as they're not being used for UNBALANCED PUSHING. See Alt Account are Fine To the point, Feeder Fellowship are the NORM in Worlds of Warcraft and many other gaming environments.

So the OBVIOUS strategy is that the major Fellowships SHOULD each have a Farm or Junior Varsity Fellowship, with a Core of experienced players (on alternate accounts) who enjoy teaching new players the basics, with a clear understanding that they're expected to GRADUATE to the main Fellowship when they're ready for Tournaments and The Spire.

Well, the change Inno did a while back that blocks players from participating in that week's tournament or Spire, if they join a fellowship after those start, is meant to reduce or stop all the fellowship hopping done by a lot of the cheaters out there. So now the legit players and fellowships just have to plan a bit in advance, if they are going to swap members around.

Iyapo

Personal Conductor
Anyone have any objections to the idea, or suggested modifications?

@AJ, I am pretty sure your suggestion was heavily laced with sarcasm so I did not take it seriously.