• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Take the confusion out of a Fellowship Adventure and even the playing field!

DeletedUser20428

The new interface to claim quests completed is a great beginning. However, it lacks the ability to accept multiples of the same reward. For instance, Blacksmiths require 5 workshops; if the person collecting is not super diligent, it is possible to click on 6 when collecting. In the current situation, that extra one is lost. My suggestion is that instead of being lost, it shows as one towards the next Blacksmith. This greatly simplifies game play, especially for those on mobile devices.

In addition, I'd like to suggest that individual quest components collected by members of a fellowship go into a holding area for that fellowship. The Fellowship Holding Area (FHA) will serve several purposes. First, the Fellowship leaders can see at a glance what is needed. Second by limiting placement of items from the FHA to the Archmage and Mages, it allows for leadership to actually lead. Third, by placing everything in the FHA, it allows contributions by members not actually online to be played at any time.

I can see in fellowships where everyone is in the same Time Zone that this is not a factor. However, in our fellowship, I live in EST and our membership reaches westward across the Time Zones all the way to China. The FHA puts all Fellowship members on an even playing field. In addition, there is no need to keep repeating "GO GREEN!!!" for the members who didn't see it in "chat" or can't remember. (The all caps are for effect and are the way it was actually posted in chat.)

At the present, there are simply too many cooks in the kitchen. As a Mage, I went to bed with just over 12 hours remaining in the FA and a plan, in progress, to continue filling the map and collect as many points as possible. Imagine my surprise when I awoke to discover it was changed by someone lower than a Mage; were the restrictions and the FHA, in place, this could not happen. What's the point of being a leader if the game doesn't permit you to lead?

I'd like to add one final point! The reward should be clearly visible and not require a click on the chest to view it. If the reward is visible and static, everyone knows a "click on the chest" completes the map. Just such a "click on the chest" last night, to see the reward, ended our contributions to other sections of the map. The click was an accident but the results are the same. The good news, I'll have a stress free day and no longer be worrying about collecting as many points as possible.

Deleted User - 312108

Okay - while I agree it would be nice to have it give multiple badges - I think there should be some player work involved with the quests other than just generating an appropriate # of workshop/factory items.

For the collection of the flag - this is why many FS's demote players down to fellow during the FA - because ambassadors and above can collect the flag. I would highly suggest that you discuss that with your AM prior to the next FA.

I am unsure about locking to a path, but it would be nice to be able to highlight the path the group wants to take. And yes, quest rewards should be displayed via hover or some other way vs. clicking on the chest.

Pheryll

Set Designer
There are a lot of suggestions here:

The new interface to claim quests completed is a great beginning. However, it lacks the ability to accept multiples of the same reward. For instance, Blacksmiths require 5 workshops; if the person collecting is not super diligent, it is possible to click on 6 when collecting. In the current situation, that extra one is lost. My suggestion is that instead of being lost, it shows as one towards the next Blacksmith. This greatly simplifies game play, especially for those on mobile devices.

This idea has been thrown around a lot but very little thought is actually put in to the problems it may cause:
1) Magical badges (wand, potion, hat) would be trivialized by the backdoor approach to the magical academy which allows the storage of unlimited enchantments before collection. Then once collected, the entirety of the accompanying T1 goods can be collected all at once, trivializing the need for trades. If the developer's original intent of scaling the goods requirement with chapter is implemented to retain the difficulty, then the trader would become clogged with large number of unneeded trades of varying magnitudes.

2) Workshop and Manufactory badges will be trivialized, as a count of beverages is just as meaningful as a count of brewers. This will lead the FA to mirror challenges too closely and may mean the disappearance of challenges altogether.

In addition, I'd like to suggest that individual quest components collected by members of a fellowship go into a holding area for that fellowship. The Fellowship Holding Area (FHA) will serve several purposes. First, the Fellowship leaders can see at a glance what is needed. Second by limiting placement of items from the FHA to the Archmage and Mages, it allows for leadership to actually lead. Third, by placing everything in the FHA, it allows contributions by members not actually online to be played at any time.
I can see in fellowships where everyone is in the same Time Zone that this is not a factor. However, in our fellowship, I live in EST and our membership reaches westward across the Time Zones all the way to China. The FHA puts all Fellowship members on an even playing field. In addition, there is no need to keep repeating "GO GREEN!!!" for the members who didn't see it in "chat" or can't remember. (The all caps are for effect and are the way it was actually posted in chat.)

The only argument against a holding area, is the Elvenar makes money from lack of coordination. If someone falls through there is always the diamond option.

At the present, there are simply too many cooks in the kitchen. As a Mage, I went to bed with just over 12 hours remaining in the FA and a plan, in progress, to continue filling the map and collect as many points as possible. Imagine my surprise when I awoke to discover it was changed by someone lower than a Mage; were the restrictions and the FHA, in place, this could not happen. What's the point of being a leader if the game doesn't permit you to lead?

Sounds good. Elvenar has been pushing in the other direction, even placing suggestions to punish mages/archmages who demote players during a FA.

I'd like to add one final point! The reward should be clearly visible and not require a click on the chest to view it. If the reward is visible and static, everyone knows a "click on the chest" completes the map. Just such a "click on the chest" last night, to see the reward, ended our contributions to other sections of the map. The click was an accident but the results are the same. The good news, I'll have a stress free day and no longer be worrying about collecting as many points as possible.

Yes, more hover over displays would work as well. I do not relish clicking a button only for a button to appear in relatively the same spot that I do not want to click. A double clicking error can cause things that I do not wish to happen.

Rocce Sqirl

On locking a path, my FS always chose a path and told everyone to go there. And this time around the members were very good about it. Until the third stage when we completed Green and I told them to do Blue next and went to bed. Got up the next morning and found them working BOTH Blue and Orange -- and it worked! We were past Waypoint #5 on both of them! And we finished the map with a day and a half left.
So it occurs to me that working all three paths at once -- assuming you have a good active FS who'll get into the FA -- actually means players have 9 options to deposit something instead of three. If you choose to complete all paths on a map, this may be the better way to do it. If you choose to do just one path and move to the next map, then make sure everyone knows that's the plan.

DeletedUser23732

We all think this is a great idea save for the PTBs (maybe this should be PsTB).

I looked but couldn't find where but the Mod from Beta said NEVER, basically there will be no collections of nor credits for more that one badge at a time. . Yes, you can build one of each item then collect each one all at once, but you are only going to receive credit for goods collected one at a time. . Reason: The game is designed to be methodical.

My Suggestion: Redesign the layout of your city's game pieces so collection of one at a time is easy. . Maybe elves want 2x2 rather than 2x1 Planks buildings and line them all up in a column: Steal Marble Planks. . Sure it's a little more culture, but if you have 10 strips like that...

Last edited by a moderator:

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
Sounds good. Elvenar has been pushing in the other direction, even placing suggestions to punish mages/archmages who demote players during a FA.
Where's this? I personally advocate against it, but have seen it used before, and will again. Either you trust your players or you don't. But I would LOVE to see a post where 'Elvenar' is going to 'punish' a mage or archmage for helping build a fellowship with a lot of new players

Deleted User - 312108

Where's this? I personally advocate against it, but have seen it used before, and will again. Either you trust your players or you don't. But I would LOVE to see a post where 'Elvenar' is going to 'punish' a mage or archmage for helping build a fellowship with a lot of new players
This is the big thing - I see so many FAs where they promote everyone to mage or ambassador - seriously don't. Unless someone has a job within the fellowship that requires that status, why are you handing it out?

Pheryll

Set Designer

They implemented it on Beta, and then decided to remove it, due to feedback. This is one thing that you can thank the Beta players for.

neeronie

It is very easy to collect unintended goods and I would appreciate having the excess saved. The biggest problem I have faced in less experienced Fellowships is donations to the wrong path. That is way I started a thread about a on off switch for Path Management.

DeletedUser20428

On locking a path, my FS always chose a path and told everyone to go there. And this time around the members were very good about it. Until the third stage when we completed Green and I told them to do Blue next and went to bed. Got up the next morning and found them working BOTH Blue and Orange -- and it worked! We were past Waypoint #5 on both of them! And we finished the map with a day and a half left.
So it occurs to me that working all three paths at once -- assuming you have a good active FS who'll get into the FA -- actually means players have 9 options to deposit something instead of three. If you choose to complete all paths on a map, this may be the better way to do it. If you choose to do just one path and move to the next map, then make sure everyone knows that's the plan.
We have a small fellowship and even then, a lot don't participate. We generally gain agreement from those in game.