• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

DeletedUser4417

This clearly only says they moved only 2 squad upgrades. How can you read more into it then it says? Read it.... Let a Mod or Support tell me that your saying what they did beyond what is stated is what happened, they have not.

I DID read it. Now YOU read it.

What happens when they move two upgrades forward? All other upgrades of the same type move forward as well. This is what I have been trying to explain to you for the past two days. You are looking at this as JUST affecting two upgrades when it affects them all.

DeletedUser4369

Since I've apparently been relegated here, to the IGNORE file, perhaps someone appropriate can explain; Is this still TRUE?

Wiki - Squad Size.jpg

[ref: https://en.wiki.elvenar.com/index.php?title=Barracks as of October 16, 2016 2:06:01 PM UTC]

DeletedUser4417

Since I've apparently been relegated here, to the IGNORE file, perhaps someone appropriate can explain; Is this still TRUE?

View attachment 1231
[ref: https://en.wiki.elvenar.com/index.php?title=Barracks as of October 16, 2016 2:06:01 PM UTC]

Yes and no. Yes, you can unlock several 'squad size upgrades' in the tech tree. No, they are do not give you 12 basic units. The way it works now is that at the game start you start with a squad size of 6. Each upgrade then unlocks and allows more troops but at a numberx3 basis and this is cumulative with each upgrade. 1st upgrade gives you 3, 2nd gives 6, 3rd gives 9 and so on. Each number is added to what you already have so you are exponentially increasing in numbers and strength as you progress.

DeletedUser4369

Yes and no. Yes, you can unlock several 'squad size upgrades' in the tech tree. No, they are do not give you 12 basic units. The way it works now is that at the game start you start with a squad size of 6. Each upgrade then unlocks and allows more troops but at a numberx3 basis and this is cumulative with each upgrade. 1st upgrade gives you 3, 2nd gives 6, 3rd gives 9 and so on. Each number is added to what you already have so you are exponentially increasing in numbers and strength as you progress.

Okay then first off, the Wiki needs to be updated.
Second, how do I go about winning this:
Fight.png

As this is one of my simpler fights available. I have not been able to win a single fight since the update. As a matter of fact, I just lost 10 more squads.

Or are we just supposed to buy our way through everything now?

DeletedUser4417

Okay then first off, the Wiki needs to be updated.
View attachment 1233

As this is one of my simpler fights available. I have not been able to win a single fight since the update. As a matter of fact, I just lost 10 more squads.

Yes, it likely does need to be updated. They, or whoever updates it will get around to it in time.

As to how you win that? I don't know exactly as there seems to be a disparity between the Human and Elvish sides of play. Maybe this will be addressed in the two remaining upgrades yet to be introduced.

DeletedUser2963

To win that fight I suggest you upgrade your squad size first, if you cant wait for that....hope for favorable terrain, one sword dancer 4 archers, hit the lm unit first with everry archer you have, if you keep out of range for two rounds, you should be able to take that unit out in round 3 with your lm as long as you get in the first hit.....but you will have to keep everything out of range of the swamp monster. Then just dance your archers around(out of range) and snipe at the swamp monster till he falls down, he will chase your sword dancer around unless you put an archer way too close. But dont go after him until you take out the lm unit. There is a good chance your sword dancer will be wiped out in the third round, you might have to put him to close to the swamp monster to get first hit on the lm unit, still should work.

Bad terrain will ruin this plan. If the sides are blocked surrender.

Buttrflwr

First, you most probably can't win that. Second, you are in the same boat I am. We scouted and fought our way past where INNO thinks we should be, and so now with this new update making our troops weaker, with different abilities, and the enemy stronger, we can no longer win fights in the provinces we were winning before. That being said, what I personally have been doing since the update is playing farmer. Though I am most assuredly NOT a farmer, in ANY game I have ever played, that is what I am doing now. I have built a couple more basic factories in my boosted goods, everything I have is fully upgraded to research potential, and I am working my way through the tech tree to get where INNO thinks I should be. This is giving me 3 squad upgrades, and 2 new units. When I get there, if I still can't win, then I will reassess my playing this game further. I was using the tourney to learn my new units moves against the enemy, and I must say, not sure I am happy. But I am giving it a chance, as I have sunk money into the game, and it does have a lot of potential. There are many things about this game I really like(d).

I hope this has given you some clarity as to what is going on. Mykan has written a guide, and updated it, with many of these changes in it, including totally laying out the new squad update structure. Look it up on the wiki, if you haven't already.

Cheers, and happy gaming. :)

DeletedUser4369

Thank you Buttrflwr.

When I get there, if I still can't win, then I will reassess my playing this game further.
But I am giving it a chance, as I have sunk money into the game, and it does have a lot of potential. There are many things about this game I really like(d).

I'm right there with you.

However, their cash cow has ₢₳₽₱€₫ on my head, so they won't be getting any more money out of me.

I'm suddenly remembering why I abandoned online gaming!
  1. you don't own anything
  2. don't expect consistency in your experience - it can change unexpectedly
  3. never give them a cent - you'll regret it!
  4. you can't reload the game to go back to what you had - because you never had anything
  5. you're supposed to be glad you were entertained, and shut up.
The only plus, some of the people you meet can be awesome!

Thanks again, at least my head is facing forwards again (for the moment).:cool:

DeletedUser4569

I had already completed squad size upgrades in Chapter IV, I was in chapter V and it locked me out of the research i was doing and made me repeat the two squad upgrades. I play in two worlds, if they had "added" the squad size upgrade- it would have popped up in both worlds, they did not. I reported it, had it "answered" that they were looking into it and nothing else. 101 KP for repeating squad size 11 & 12 and I have not had it returned. I have been watching fellow players quit left and right with every upgrade... if they don't reimburse my lost KP I might be walking out the door too.

DeletedUser4417

I had already completed squad size upgrades in Chapter IV, I was in chapter V and it locked me out of the research i was doing and made me repeat the two squad upgrades. I play in two worlds, if they had "added" the squad size upgrade- it would have popped up in both worlds, they did not. I reported it, had it "answered" that they were looking into it and nothing else. 101 KP for repeating squad size 11 & 12 and I have not had it returned. I have been watching fellow players quit left and right with every upgrade... if they don't reimburse my lost KP I might be walking out the door too.

Ok, no. It locked you out, yed but you did not have to repeat any research. What happened was they redistributed the squad upgrades. They moved two of them way forward. This meant they had to being all the rest forward by two spots. So the ones you are now forced to research, you have never done before.. despite showing up where they did.

Buttrflwr

Thank you Buttrflwr.

You are most welcome!

I'm right there with you.

However, their cash cow has ₢₳₽₱€₫ on my head, so they won't be getting any more money out of me.

I'm suddenly remembering why I abandoned online gaming!

Evony had cured me of online gaming for long time, but I like to game, and don't have time or inclination to sink into a console gaming system. MMORPG can be lots of fun, without a lot of commitment. (except for Evony...THAT took commitment) :p

The only plus, some of the people you meet can be awesome!

Which is sometimes kind of the point. ;)

Thanks again, at least my head is facing forwards again (for the moment).:cool:

I am glad, don't forget to breathe. ;)