• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

DeletedUser3853

Same here, I was half way to the Ancient Wonders and now I have two squad sizes and Paladin promotion to finish.

DeletedUser3297

This is what happens when they undergo a major overhaul. Last time they locked people out of their own tech tree was when they made ancient wonders mandatory. Nothing you can do about it, but go back and complete the techs. I understand your frustration as I was 5 KP away from a city expansion and now I have 2 squad size upgrades to get first. It's a setback, but one that can be dealt with :)

DeletedUser3090

Just had the same thing happen to me. I'm over half-way through Level IV, and now I'm sent back to Level III to re-research sorceresses. I sent in a support ticket to see if that would get me back. If not, I have to go through sorceresses and two squad size upgrades (again) to get back to where I was yesterday evening. This is super annoying.

DeletedUser4114

Me too. Was part way thru silk boost, next was to be squad size 4... Now on squad size 4, have a squad size 5 ahead of where i was..... many kp behind now.

DeletedUser3489

This is absurd. I've recently built a bunch of granite mines and need copper to upgrade the portal ... and I was nearly done researching copper. Now I'm supposed to spend a week or more researching some squad size upgrades and what not, while my granite mines lay idle since my non-upgraded portal can't hold any more granite? If the Devs have thought this through and this is an intentional consequence, then I would really be keen on knowing the logic of it.

DeletedUser3942

dang!! they did not say we would be locked out of our current level :(
now I am very ****** :mad:

DeletedUser4360

Hi there!
My squad size 15 upgrade research (which I just completed this morning) disappeared today after the troop switchover. The kp count has been reset to zero for it. My Elvenar version is: v1.15.13-(1866729) (2016-10-12 10:51) I have restarted the game twice and each time I am missing this research. My city is elven, I am using Internet Explorer version 11.0.9600.18449, my screen resolution is 1024x768, and my flash player is adobe flash 18.0.0366. My game name is also jessthemoon and the world I play in is Elcysanir. Please let me know if you have any questions! Thanks!

Jess

Attachments

• glitch.pdf
    133.4 KB · Views: 102

DeletedUser4363

Well, my tree progress was screwed up, I lost progress. Thank goodness it occurred when it did. I was frustrated enough with the progress and was just about to purchase some diamonds. But not that this happened, I will never buy anything. I will be one of the freeloader players who will never contribute any real cash to the developers.

DeletedUser4364

Following this morning's update (Oct 12, 2016), 2 of the previously completed items I had researched are now showing incomplete: Squad Size Update 8 (III), and Squad Size Update 9 (III). That is a loss of 73 previously applied knowledge points. The other impact, of course, is that I am limited on combat now, and I am locked on my started province expansion until these, and the newly-moved Priest are completed. Thanks, Pineapple Joe. (edited at 11:11 to remove bug report on Priest, which appears to be a new design feature)

Attachments

• Research Bug.GIF
    Research Bug.GIF
    80.8 KB · Views: 116
Last edited by a moderator:

Buttrflwr

This is indeed an absurd by-product of a poorly planned, poorly executed "update". Why should I have to go back to a previous chapter to unlock something I have already unlocked and lose much of the forward progress I had established? Where is the logic in any of this? I spent literally hours, as did everyone else, unlocking specific techs to get to a specific place, only to be not only stopped short, but sent backwards. *very angry face* :mad:

DeletedUser3297

Nobody unlocked those techs that are further back in your research. They have either been moved from further up or they are new. I know they were going to add more squad size upgrades. If you fight, you need those anyway.

DeletedUser4364

Kaylee, are you saying that this is not a bug? Because for a certainty, I had completed my research on priest, squadsize 8, squadsize 9. In fact, I completed squadsize 9 early this morning. Now they are locked again, and I cannot apply more points to my province expansion. I posted screen shots in the forum post (next one down) where I reported it.

DeletedUser4364

I went back and looked at the notes on the update. The Priest part is by design... it was apparently in level IV research and got moved back to early in III. So that is not a bug but a game feature. The Squad Size thing for level 8, 9 is clearly messed up...since I am 100% that they were completed in last few days.

DeletedUser3297

The spot where the priest was is now a paladin promotion. Go back further in the tech and you should see your priest unlocked.

They added squad size upgrades, so all of the squad size upgrades that you unlocked should still be unlocked, although they maybe under a different number now.

Edit: ad example would be the chapter 5 the squad size upgrade #13 which is located under sorceress promotion is now called squad size upgrade #14, meaning that at least one was added in a prior chapter

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser4364

The spot where the priest was is now a paladin promotion. Go back further in the tech and you should see your priest unlocked.

They added squad size upgrades, so all of the squad size upgrades that you unlocked should still be unlocked, although they maybe under a different number now.

I think that may be true if you had completed the Priests in Level IV. Since I am still in Level III, they just now appear early in the research tree and, along with the reversed research on Squad Size Updates (these are not "new", I had already completed them), have blocked me from further research, including the province expansion I had already applied KPs to.

Buttrflwr

Nobody unlocked those techs that are further back in your research. They have either been moved from further up or they are new. I know they were going to add more squad size upgrades. If you fight, you need those anyway.

I respectfully disagree. My squad size decreased from 70 something (I think 72, but don't really remember) to 51. I had already completed squad size upgrade 6 in the last chapter. I was working towards squad size 7, golems (both of which are behind me now) and had put 48 of 55 kp into ancient wonders of the tempest, which is now greyed out. So, yeah...I do respectfully disagree. I have already completed squad size 6, or my squad size would not have decreased. :)

DeletedUser3297

The number of soldiers per squad you get was also re-balanced, although they should have gone up in amounts, not down. For me, my squads have an added 50 troops to them. So I'll agree with you that some players may be experiencing a bug in that aspect.

DeletedUser4375

I went from having 48 in a squad to having 24 in a squad. In effect, I cannot do anything in the map til how ever many upgrades to my squad size.... so 10 more things to research to get my squad size back to what it was.