• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

New Game Features Teleport AW?

OIM20

AWs are testy little things, even when you delete one accidentally and we replace it, it's a bit of a project.
delete AW, save level ... rebuild to saved level it's fine too.
I should think it would be obvious it wasn't this easy if for no other reason than the relatively recent ability to use Rune Shards to donate KP. That revealed a mechanic that's been in play for a very long time to help prevent cheating - namely, donation caps.

If you don't think mucking with how much KP you have instantly in a wonder on the back end isn't going to completely destroy your ability to receive KP donations to your existing AWs, then you are thinking far too simplistically. And that's only one variable component that Support would have to be cognizant of in putting an AW back into a city after accidental deletion.

There's a reason that "coder time" is one of the things we're supposed to be aware of when making suggestions for changes in the game.

Silver Lady

As a former programmer and Oracle DBA I would like to say unless you have access to the underlying code, stored procedures and database structures it is unrealistic to state the time required to make a change or how difficult a change would be. And we (us here in the US forum) are not the only ones wanting changes, so prioritizing is probably a complicated balancing act. Let‘s give the devs some credit and maybe a thanks for what they do to balance out the complaints for what they haven’t done.

SoggyShorts

Teleporting AWs is not being considered and is a suggestion that we will not forward.
From speaking directly with them during Q&A we've been told several times that how often we ask for something directly impacts how seriously they consider implementation.

It's also entirely possible that a motivated group could come up with solutions to most if not all of the issues involved in this request, so issuing a blanket statement that it's off the table makes puppies cry.

E.G.
"People could abuse it for the spire&tournament"
Solution(s):
1. Make it cost prohibitive to do so: 1 teleport spell per square for example, or per x levels
2. Removing AW from the formula is also an option
3. adding a cooldown
4. use build times. Placing a level [30] wonder takes xxx hours

The same goes for all other issues I'm sure. Certainly not every offered solution will be viable but I believe we can get there with enough discussion which I'd like to see encouraged rather than the stifling of innovation I'm reading here.

Teleporting AW would be a fantastic feature that would allow players to try new strategies without losing years of work that they put into their cities. I know that for me it would breathe new life into the game and potentially bring back the whole city-building aspect of it.

Besides, now that the FA badge collection works the way I always wanted it to(how great is that BTW?) I need a new request to pester them with ;)

Last edited:

muffy.

Chef - Scroll-Keeper and Chandelier Swinger
From speaking directly with them during Q&A we've been told several times that how often we ask for something directly impacts how seriously they consider implementation.

It's also entirely possible that a motivated group could come up with solutions to most if not all of the issues involved in this request, so issuing a blanket statement that it's off the table makes puppies cry.

E.G.
"People could abuse it for the spire&tournament"
Solution(s):
1. Make it cost prohibitive to do so: 1 teleport spell per square for example, or per x levels
2. Removing AW from the formula is also an option
3. adding a cooldown
4. use build times. Placing a level [30] wonder takes xxx hours

The same goes for all other issues I'm sure. Certainly not every offered solution will be viable but I believe we can get there with enough discussion which I'd like to see encouraged rather than the stifling of innovation I'm reading here.

Teleporting AW would be a fantastic feature that would allow players to try new strategies without losing years of work that they put into their cities. I know that for me it would breathe new life into the game and potentially bring back the whole city-building aspect of it.

Besides, now that they've fixed the FA the way I asked them to(how great is that BTW?) I need a new request to pester them with ;)

Attachments

• B31A06A6-18A7-41D3-B8CC-D97746543202.jpeg
    B31A06A6-18A7-41D3-B8CC-D97746543202.jpeg
    1,023.6 KB · Views: 7