• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Teleport Building Question

gw1500se

I cannot figure out when the teleport building spell is useful. I tried it once thinking it would still continue to produce but it does not. It also uses resources to put back. At my current level (III) I can see no practical use for it. TIA.

Zoof

Keep a hold on those. Those will become useful to you later on when the buildings you need to play Elf Game Tetris with become large enough that being able to store them away during a reshuffle will help. Especially if you've packed your city to the brim and you really need that space to work with.

The game encourages a complete restructuring of your city every couple of chapters, especially as you hit the guest races (chapters 6+). You will eventually need to rearrange things, and storing buildings that you both won't need at the moment and will take forever to rebuild when you do need them is very valuable.

They're also used by players in larger cities to make room temporarily for shanty towns during FA (Fellowship Adventures).

Hoard those teleport spells like a dragon would their shinies. You'll be glad you did.

Last edited:

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
They're also used by players in larger cities to make room temporarily for shanty towns during FA (Fellowship Adventures).
Since they let us teleport evolve buildings now, they are just as useful for smaller cities wanting some FA action. One of the smaller cities in my FS is committing to being a bracelet factory and is trying to squeeze in 30 "big" T1s into her chap 4 city.

Nerwa

Another thing Teleports are good for is juggling factories when demand in your neighborhood & FS change. By the time you get to ch 7 you are looking at ~18 upgrades to bring a new factory up to level, which gets costly. But keeping unneeded factories out ties up a LOT of space & population.

Example: I recently store my elixir factories due to overabundance of T3s locally, then used the space & population to build extra steel factories. When things shift I can switch things back without throwing away level 19 steels.

Teleports are also nice when you have a particularly pretty or interesting building that isn't doing much for your city but you like too much just to delete.

Gustoff

I am also in Chapter 3 and recently participated in the Donkeyfest Event. When I placed my Excavation Site building (the one you evolve with the winnings of the event exploration) I noticed that I got a choice of a T1 resource in one town and only Gold/Supplies in the other three towns. When one uses the Teleport to move the building off the map, do the 'random' settings reset? The game thinks I was in Chapter 2 for three of them and only one has the chapter 3 designation. I assume the choices were limited because it tagged the building with my level when started - will that adjust to the 'current' level each time I pull it out of 'storage' and replant it? Getting Manufacturing resources as opposed to supplies is really useful at this stage.

Talaedraiia

I am also in Chapter 3 and recently participated in the Donkeyfest Event. When I placed my Excavation Site building (the one you evolve with the winnings of the event exploration) I noticed that I got a choice of a T1 resource in one town and only Gold/Supplies in the other three towns. When one uses the Teleport to move the building off the map, do the 'random' settings reset? The game thinks I was in Chapter 2 for three of them and only one has the chapter 3 designation. I assume the choices were limited because it tagged the building with my level when started - will that adjust to the 'current' level each time I pull it out of 'storage' and replant it? Getting Manufacturing resources as opposed to supplies is really useful at this stage.
How it goes into storage is how it comes back

MaidenFair

Chef - Head Philologist
@Gustoff, buildings stay the same level you won/built them at, unless you upgrade them. The only way to upgrade event buildings is with Royal Restorations, which are earned in tournament chests or crafted in the Magic Academy (however, crafting them takes either blueprints or a large-ish number of diamonds to replace the blueprints).

BrinDarby

I noticed that I got a choice of a T1 resource in one town and only Gold/Supplies in the other three towns.

When you examine a building, usually in the upper righthand
corner is what Chapter the building "is" , sounds like 1 of ur
cities is CH3 and the others CH2 perhaps ? Also once RRs are
used up upgrade a bldg chapter wise it will then and only then
show a new CH the bldg "is".
Either that or you used artifacts on 1 but not the others.... we need
more info to diagnose ur problem.....

What stage are each, and what chapter are each ? ... only then can we
tell you what ur problem is.

Gustoff

Three are stage II one is stage III. I get it, I need the little blue upgrade things that are expensive ...

I assume from the response that the Teleport does not affect the building level at all, it is what it is when it was removed to storage.

I don't recall the wiki showing the options per building level. I see from my own experience that III includes a non-proficient T1. I guess folks might work hard to get the upgrade tokens if they knew what the choices were at each level.

Thanks for the response though. I guess I have what I have.

Zoof

All buildings that has a "chapter" designation rather than a "level" will be set to the chapter the item was received in. That is, the instant the item graces your inventory with its glorious presence, the chapter is set then. One way to get more out of an event is to not claim any building until the very end of the event, unless you know you're not going to cross a chapter boundary during that time.

Re: Later post: The information may not be on the wiki, but it's certainly on ElvenArchitect. See the page on Echoes of the Forgotten and play around with its stage setting to see what you could get at any given chapter for how far you could evolve it.

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
I guess folks might work hard to get the upgrade tokens if they knew what the choices were at each level.
Usually event buildings just get replaced because there will always be a new event to win new buildings in your current chapter. Evolve buildings that you want to keep will get fed Royal Restorations and less impressive ones go in the closet and stay there, or are sold off. Since evolve buildings are usually 4x4, you need 16 to upgrade each chapter. This is why sets are a total pain. They have such gigantic footprints and would gobble up lots of RRs so you better decide if they are worth keeping first. Other buildings, like Fire Phoenix, are def worth keeping but may not be worth the RR since you’re mostly keeping it for the feed effect. Fire Phoenix just gives you more coins after the switch from coin rain to portal profit in Dwarf. That isn’t worth the 16RRs per chapter IMO. Another strategy is if you only get maybe 4 artifacts for an evolve building, which doesn’t make that building very attractive as usually it’s only worth it if you get it to 8-10. You might want to just NOT build it and leave artifacts in inventory. Then wait for it to come back in Spire or MA. Once you get enough artifacts, then recraft the base so it is now in current chapter. Saves you a lot of RRs.

BrinDarby

I don't recall the wiki showing the options per building level.
When in doubt, check the building @ Elvenarchitect..... ( buildings )
Elvengems also has breakouts but hasn't been updated
for a few events so some stuff there is missing.....