• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Teleport Land Expansions

DeletedUser19458

Summary
I would like to be able to teleport land back into inventory.

Details
I am at end game and no longer need nearly as much land. I'm here still because of the tournaments. Because land now counts against you in how difficult the game becomes, I regret buying expansions and placing as many as I have. If I were able to teleport expansions away (or call it whatever you want - teleporting land as a concept is silly) this would go a LONG way in appeasing me and many others on our frustration with Inno.

Benefits / Pros:
  • Will make Spire and Tournaments less costly
  • Thus will make life happy again.
  • End game players might be less inspired to leave the game, like they are now.

Downsides / Cons
  • Programming time.
  • Conceptually, teleporting land doesn't make sense. May need another terminology which in turn might necessitate another game mechanism for making this happen (e.g. "Abandon" land)
  • Confusion to any player not familiar with game mechanics. e.g. Why would anyone do this?

Miscellaneous
The new tournament system is here to stay. This is an olive branch to Inno's "residual" players.

Let me hear your thoughts!

StarLoad

IMO, Too soon and we do not know what INNO's intent was with the event and that may negate this as being an option. Also there are several types of expansions and that might be a programming issue.

Iyapo1

Also there are several types of expansions and that might be a programming issue.
It could be limited. A one time opportunity to remove premium and optional expansions. I agree the programming would be extensive if it was a feature but....it could be a one shot?

StarLoad

It could be limited. A one time opportunity to remove premium and optional expansions. I agree the programming would be extensive if it was a feature but....it could be a one shot?
if it was one time then we are back to the same point as before the Tourney changes, Hoping that nothing else changes or alters the game that makes the expansions oK again, Just like the Optional Squad Size Upgrades that were bad and now are neutral.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
I'm not sure this is a reasonable thing to do since you can use the land to build more armories and other military things to make your troops stronger. At least that is possible for me at the end of Ch 15. On the other hand if your troops are as strong as they can get and you can't put anything onto the land to make them stronger, then I could see some kind of expansion storage working.

And I agree that at some point one might regret having purchased all those expansions if it just makes tournaments more costly. It's probably going to stop some players from purchasing any more expansions. It's bad enough they keep going up in price as you buy them, but now you get punished, in addition, by having harder battles? Strange. One wonders how having a larger city would make the wars you fight in real life cost you more. Usually if you grow your city should find most wars easier, not harder. But that's the strangeness of this game, I guess.

AJ

Last edited:

Yogi Dave

Teleporting land then placing it again would opens an exploit. I seem to have read the squad size is calculated before the tourney starts and is not affected by changes during the tourney. If that's true, you could teleport the buildings on the land, then the land before the tourney starts. When it start you bring them back to produce the goods, troops or whatever during the tourney. Putting restrictions to prevent this exploit would further complicate the code making it less likely to be implemented

I also have a problem with trying to fix problems with the new tourney method by altering other aspects of the game. It should be fixed where the problem is. If they were to contemplate doing this, they'd be better off just removing the impact expansions have in tourney game play and not add more complications to the code base.

SoulsSilhouette

Buddy Fan Club member
I do not think that 'teleporting' land expansions is a viable concept. How about just taking away the expansion penalty?

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
I'm not sure this is a reasonable thing to do since you can use the land to build more armories and other military things to make your troops stronger.
There is a soft cap on military buildings. Armories for one do nothing other than increasing your AFK time. Once you have all wonders placed more land can only be used for Vallors and Orc starts which are both limited and of limited use.
Teleporting land then placing it again would opens an exploit.
Kinda... I mean how many teleport spells do people have, especially on a sustainable basis? Would removing the buildings on 10 expansions and also teleporting those 10 out for a total of at least 20 spells every week be sustainable? and worth it?

Yogi Dave

Kinda... I mean how many teleport spells do people have, especially on a sustainable basis?
lol. Yeah. I did realize that, but had already posted. Still, the main thing is they should fix the way the way SS is computed, not add complications to the game. However, I think it will be a long time before someone at a high enough level decides it's a mistake that needs to be fixed.

Xelenia

Ex-Team Member
Hello,

Here are the many things wrong with the post above and why I will not put it up as a vote if you were to tag me to do so today. I figured I will help guide you to the right direction of how to properly formulate ideas while I am here at the moment doing my rounds.

I am at end game and no longer need nearly as much land. I'm here still because of the tournaments. Because land now counts against you in how difficult the game becomes, I regret buying expansions and placing as many as I have. If I were able to teleport expansions away (or call it whatever you want - teleporting land as a concept is silly) this would go a LONG way in appeasing me and many others on our frustration with Inno.

The developers are not here to appease you or any players, or that you have regretted doing something.

P.S: I personally do not think teleporting expansions is the best way to address your current situation...not only is it not really a solution but rather, it seems very unlikely. lol

Xelie