• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Teleportation Option for Evolving Buildings

Soleil Nightbloom

Yesterday, while I was rearranging my city preparing for the FA I remembered that I can’t teleport any of my evolving buildings! More evolving buildings are getting cycled through the Spire every 6 weeks which is nice because I was not playing yet and it sure is nice to have the opportunity to evolve some of these buildings. However, it is a lot of work to get all these buildings to level 10 and then have to possibly sell it for space in later chapters. I’m currently in chapter 10 and things are getting quite cramped and I really don’t want to have to make the tough decision to sell my evolving buildings to make room in the later chapters.

I propose the option to teleport these buildings either to their own designated spot within the inventory or create a separate tab for them in the inventory. I hope this gets considered and voted on because I think this will be a helpful option for players.

Last edited:

ElfGunn

Yesterday, while I was rearranging my city preparing for the FA I remembered that I can’t teleport any of my evolving buildings! More evolving buildings are getting cycled through the Spire every 6 weeks which is nice because I was not playing yet and it sure is nice to have the opportunity to evolve some of these buildings. However, it is a lot of work to get all these buildings to level 10 and then have to possibly sell it for space in later chapters. I’m currently in chapter 10 and things are getting quite cramped and I really don’t want to have to make the tough decision to sell my evolving buildings to make room in the later chapters.

I propose the option to teleport these buildings either to their own designated spot within the inventory or create a separate tab for them in the inventory. I hope this get considered and voted on because I think this will be a helpful option for players.

As with so many other things in Elvenar, perhaps this would be looked on more favorably if it cost more. Two teleport spells maybe?

CrazyWizard

Oh Wise One

I propose the option to teleport these buildings either to their own designated spot within the inventory or create a separate tab for them in the inventory. I hope this gets considered and voted on because I think this will be a helpful option for players.

They told in a Q&A that it will be virtually impossible.
It has to do with how things are stored, and levels of wonders / evolution buildings are stored "the wrong way" to make it work with the storage system.
So they would need to redesign there data storage system to make it work. (the data of how cities are stored not how the storage is stored)

As some might know, these are delicate systems where a single screwup could corrupt an entire database and can therefore affect all cities / the entire game.
So fundamental changes to a database is often avoided as the plague.
and building a new database and then convert ther old one into a new one new might take many hours sometimes days. which would mean the game has to go offline for an extended period of time. most of us have seen forums where the underlyiing structure needed maintenance go offline for a long time sometimes days to make it all happen. city storage systems are way more complex than a forum.

This all makes it very unlikely to be ever implemented.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I don't see them ever giving us the ability to teleport AWs, because of the mentioned difficulties in coding it to not break the game, but for Evolving Buildings, just give us a way to disassemble it, which would send the artifacts back to our inventory and leave a level 1 base in our city, which could then probably be coded for teleporting a lot more easily that a building with artifacts already applied. Even just the ability to disassemble would be good, as long as they keep the rotation of evolving buildings going in the MA and Spire. Being able to dump the old base, craft a new one at higher chapter, and then put the artifacts back into it, would be awesome.

Alram

Flippers just flip
We already have the option to not place an evolving building in our city. If we do place it in our city, we can always sell it later. There is no need to teleport these buildings.

Soleil Nightbloom

We already have the option to not place an evolving building in our city. If we do place it in our city, we can always sell it later. There is no need to teleport these buildings.
The only issue I have is after selling the evolving building you have to start all over again. If you want the building back then you have to try to get all the artifacts. Then there is the issue of the building not coming around again. Otherwise, I wouldn’t have a problem selling the buildings.

Last edited:

Alram

Flippers just flip
The only issue I have is after selling the evolving building you have to start all over again. If you want the building back then you have to try to get all the artifacts. Then there is the issue of the building not coming around again. Otherwise, I wouldn’t have a problem selling the buildings.
If you want the building, why would you ever sell it?

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
I agree this is an issue for many player, especially newer players. It takes a bit of work to get a fully evolved evolving building and i get why ppl would want to place the buildings. And newer players dont know any better. Iv seen some that place all there evolving buildings. And it takes up a massive amount of space.

As an fyi; this flower evolving building is the 19th evolving building out there.. so far. Each one is a 4x4. Thats 301 squares or 13 expansions worth of room. And that number grows with each new evolving building. Its a ton of space.

And i get why newer players wouldnt know any better and place them all. And i get why ppl dont want to sell them and lose all that work. And i get why the programming is to complex for inno to want to try and make them storage with the spell.... so maybe a work around of some kind?
If we cant teleport them and were left with selling them. How can we sell them without losing all our work? We already have the base buildings available in the magic acadamey if we dont have them already, so we can get that part back in time. That just leaves the artifacts. Perhaps add the artifacts to the selling cost of the building?
So if i sell a lvl 10 building, i sell it and get 10 artifacts back (the same way we get coins/supplies when we sell something.) And when the base building shows up in the Magic acadamey i can craft that. Now i have my building back in my inventory.
If i sell a lvl 5 buildings, i get 5 artifacts back. And when i find the base in the magic acadamey, i get my building back in inventory.

It might not be the most straight forward way.. but it would work and the only programing for it needed would be to add the artifacts in as one of the resources you get when you sell the building.

Soleil Nightbloom

I’m thrilled that this is being implemented for both browser and mobile! I hope that they consider implementing this feature for the ancient wonders as well, like some of the other players have mentioned. Not only is this a huge game changer but this is definitely a step in the right direction :)