• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Teleporting buildings...

LisaMV

I have read in a few posts by you giants among us about upgrading your buildings by teleporting them to your inventory, then re-placing them. This was way over my head to understand back then, but now, I somehow have 2 teleport enchantments, and I just graduated to ch4 yesterday, and light is dawning on Marblehead...

I have a very cute Chariot of the Dwarven Brewery from ch2 (it is still a mystery how I got it - but I was pushing that diamond button like a slow-elevator button, thinking I was supposed to...! yikes) - will that become a ch. 4 level now?

The Phoenix Cult is probably my best bet - largest pop/cul of my buildings, even though it is only from ch3.

Am I on the right track? Are there any hidden problems? (What if I sneeze in the middle of doing it and somehow lose everything...!?)

Advice please, O Wise Ones!

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
The teleport instant only lets you store certain buildings in your inventory at the rate of one building per instant. And you do not use another one when you put the building back out. But no, storing a building does not change anything about that building. The only way to upgrade a building to a higher chapter is to use the Royal Restoration instants that are won from the weekly tournaments. You need one per square of the building you want to upgrade. So that Phoenix Cult that covers 20 squares will require 20 RR instants to upgrade it by a single chapter.

Overall, teleport instants are not useful until you get into the guest race chapters, starting with chapter 6, because each chapter from 6 and up will require extra space in your city for special buildings that are only used in that chapter. So sometimes you may want to save a building and you can teleport it to inventory and have that space available for the new buildings.

One other thing to remember about teleport instants is if you teleport a factory or workshop, you will get back the population and culture they required to be in your city. But if you want to put that building back out into your city from storage, you will need to have that same amount of population and culture available for it to use when you put it back out.

LisaMV

The teleport instant only lets you store certain buildings in your inventory at the rate of one building per instant. And you do not use another one when you put the building back out. But no, storing a building does not change anything about that building. The only way to upgrade a building to a higher chapter is to use the Royal Restoration instants that are won from the weekly tournaments. You need one per square of the building you want to upgrade. So that Phoenix Cult that covers 20 squares will require 20 RR instants to upgrade it by a single chapter.

Overall, teleport instants are not useful until you get into the guest race chapters, starting with chapter 6, because each chapter from 6 and up will require extra space in your city for special buildings that are only used in that chapter. So sometimes you may want to save a building and you can teleport it to inventory and have that space available for the new buildings.

One other thing to remember about teleport instants is if you teleport a factory or workshop, you will get back the population and culture they required to be in your city. But if you want to put that building back out into your city from storage, you will need to have that same amount of population and culture available for it to use when you put it back out.
Thank you so much for all the helpful information, and for dashing my bright-eyed hopes! Obviously I had taken random 'shards' of information and forged a pretty sweet deal for myself ... :cool:

SO now - for example, if I won another Phoenix Excursion this week, I could teleport my ch3 one into inventory to use for disenchanting, and place the new one in the same spot = is this correct? And a good use for it?

[Chapter 6+ sounds scary. Maybe I will just stop at ch5...:oops: ]

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Yes, if you want to burn a teleport instant, which you get more of in the Spire, you can send an eligible old building to your inventory and disenchant it for fragments. If you are low on fragments, doing that with a huge building is a good way to get those fragments. And remember the number of fragments you get from disenchanting is always based on the size of the building and never on the chapter it came from.

And yes, the world map is littered with the lifeless remains of cities where the owners reached chapter 6 and got overwhelmed and quit. Or they made it through the first two guest races and then reach the Orcs in chapter 8 and quit because that chapter is both long and ugly, both in building looks and quest dialogue. Chapter 12 is also a big quitting point with the addition of new goods that are made in your normal factories.