• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Temporary Change in Spire Schedule, Gate timer and reward adjustments

OCRassman

If you place the building on Monday, it will still be active til that point on Saturday. (ie 4pm monday to 4pm saturday)

Thanks - was thinking about the buildings I have expiring tomorrow when I was typing that message. So we lose a day on our current buildings and if this is not a permanent switch, will lose a day when we switch back.

DeletedUser19458

Thanks - was thinking about the buildings I have expiring tomorrow when I was typing that message. So we lose a day on our current buildings and if this is not a permanent switch, will lose a day when we switch back.
It's temporary; this week only.

KarlD

I don't like the method of using time boosts to compress the tournament and Spire to fit into the 5 days of a boost building across weeks. I feel those time boosts would be more useful making more troops rather than compressing the schedule. My approach is to go through the beginning of the Spire without any boosters. The squad sizes are not so huge yet and the fights are easier so I don't need the boosts. I then place the boosts on Monday and they expire Saturday and cover the remainder of the Spire and the entire tournament. I think that makes much better use of my resources.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
@LisaMV
I'm pretty sure the Spire is tough on early chapter players, especially considering it's not even available to players until they reach Ch3. What I'd do in your situation is work on building my city, doing tournaments to get boost percentages on goods maxed asap, and do a little in the Spire every week. If you can start out getting to the first gate on the first floor (4 encounters), just do that. There's a good chance at a teleport spell in that 4th chest and those will come in handy for you later on; the Spire is the only place to get any of them. Then, ease into doing a few more encounters each week, being careful not to overextend your resources. Once you can do the whole first floor, you have a chance at a Magic Residence in that last chest. Once you're comfortable with that, start tackling the 2nd floor; the last chest on that floor has a chance at a Magic Workshop.
The Spire is a bit overwhelming at first (I was overwhelmed when they released it last summer and I'd been playing 2.5 yrs then!) but really is the only place you have a chance of getting many of the prizes as well as the strictly 'Spire' bldgs.

LisaMV

@LisaMV
I'm pretty sure the Spire is tough on early chapter players, especially considering it's not even available to players until they reach Ch3. What I'd do in your situation is work on building my city, doing tournaments to get boost percentages on goods maxed asap, and do a little in the Spire every week. If you can start out getting to the first gate on the first floor (4 encounters), just do that. There's a good chance at a teleport spell in that 4th chest and those will come in handy for you later on; the Spire is the only place to get any of them. Then, ease into doing a few more encounters each week, being careful not to overextend your resources. Once you can do the whole first floor, you have a chance at a Magic Residence in that last chest. Once you're comfortable with that, start tackling the 2nd floor; the last chest on that floor has a chance at a Magic Workshop.
The Spire is a bit overwhelming at first (I was overwhelmed when they released it last summer and I'd been playing 2.5 yrs then!) but really is the only place you have a chance of getting many of the prizes as well as the strictly 'Spire' bldgs.
Thank you for this! I actually came to that conclusion myself (finding it difficult to resist ;)) and did just that this week, but I do so much appreciate the confirmation and encouragement!

Muf-Muf

Community Manager
"Subsequently" normally means from now on. Did you mean the Spire will end on Saturday from now on, or just this week (in which case you probably meant "consequently" ;).) Please clarify.
The schedule change is indeed for the one week. Apologies for the confusion. :)

mikeledo

Why don't we just get rid of all the time lags between rounds? Make the spire a 24-hour event and play it twice a week.

DeletedUser2870

Thats how I convinced and got my guild exited about the spire,

When the multiplayer feature of the spire came out I made a document that we distributed throughout the guild named: "how to play the spire for free"
And there is a joke and expression in english about "Going Dutch" we like free stuff :p

It included a troop calculator.
This resulted in the above result
Currently we are 7 points short from another total finish, an easy target so we are a happy bunch.

So we don't mind this change as we on average get a tiny fraction more "free stuff".

A similar problem existedwhen tournaments came out, it took a while of explaining how you could benefit from it, not everyone noticed how you could benefit from the tournaments. but once you explained and showed it properly the entousiasm came naturally.
You may be happy as you are in the tiny percentage of players who actually get there.
I on the other hand am in the vast majority of players who don't. And don't get me wrong, my FS is ranked 3rd on Elcysandir (even with open spots) and consists of pretty active players and a 10 chest weekly tourney-result. And yet getting to that top is just not happening.
With spire-squads for me being the size of about 4 regular squads the losses are bloody staggering, even on manual fights, even with several boosts on my troops. This means that the Spire is less and less interesting as the lesser rewards are NOT being compensated, but require more effort.

And if the top-boss in the first round already offers a choice out of 6 different resources spread out over 5 'spirits' the chances of getting it right in 3 guesses are getting extremely small.
Top-boss on the second go-through offers a choice out of 7 resources, still only 3 attempts, which is pretty much impossible as some can be required several times. And seeds now being added makes that really expensive since they are hard to come by

@KarlD
This week even the first fight in the first round had my towersquad at almost 4 regular squads. So I don't know what you consider 'not so huge' but I feel that's just ridiculous, especially considering the 'reward' in the chest is minimal and not in any way even close to being worthwhile

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser2870

Or we could just turn the Spire into a Pinata, and when you open the door all the loot falls out. seven times a week.
I agree, the weekly is doable for me (even though I burn a lot of timeboosters since I have to compress it into a few days, good thing about that is that my temporary military boost buildings are used that way for both tourney and spire) but turning this into a several-times-per-week thing would be a MAJOR turnoff.

Deleted User - 1178646

You may be happy as you are in the tiny percentage of players who actually get there.
I on the other hand am in the vast majority of players who don't. And don't get me wrong, my FS is ranked 3rd on Elcysandir (even with open spots) and consists of pretty active players and a 10 chest weekly tourney-result. And yet getting to that top is just not happening.
With spire-squads for me being the size of about 4 regular squads the losses are bloody staggering, even on manual fights, even with several boosts on my troops. This means that the Spire is less and less interesting as the lesser rewards are NOT being compensated, but require more effort.

And if the top-boss in the first round already offers a choice out of 6 different resources spread out over 5 'spirits' the chances of getting it right in 3 guesses are getting extremely small.
Top-boss on the second go-through offers a choice out of 7 resources, still only 3 attempts, which is pretty much impossible as some can be required several times. And seeds now being added makes that really expensive since they are hard to come by

@KarlD
This week even the first fight in the first round had my towersquad at almost 4 regular squads. So I don't know what you consider 'not so huge' but I feel that's just ridiculous, especially considering the 'reward' in the chest is minimal and not in any way even close to being worthwhile

I was also in that tiny minority that got 10 chests in the first year or so.
Yes the spire is harder than the tournaments, but it's still all about motivating your fellows to join.

It took a long long long time to motivate people to do the tournaments and see now, dozens and dozens of guilds on each server now do 10 chests a week.

Give it time.

mikeledo

It seems odd that someone playing in a number 1 or number 2 FS can't finish the spire. If you are running with the big dogs, keep up.

Vergazi

Completely offtopic, but while "going Dutch" always meant splitting something (usually a meal), it was likely coined by the English several hundred years ago as a derogatory term for being cheap. If English customs at the time were that you were supposed to pay for the whole meal in full, going Dutch would mean that you'd be getting half of that for free ;)
All I'm saying is, when we split the cheque three ways the steak-eater picks the pocket of the salad-man.

The Blue Raja

Idk, all of this talk made me think of this and thought I'd share. :)

Deleted User - 3932582

It seems odd that someone playing in a number 1 or number 2 FS can't finish the spire. If you are running with the big dogs, keep up.
Even in #1 FS, not everyone is on the same level. While after finishing chapter 15 there is really not much else to do except hitting tournament and the Spire hard, it is not the same while still playing the chapters. I know I didn't push the Spire hard while doing chapter 15 as I didn't want to reroute sentients from unlocking research.