• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Terrible Axe Barbarian promotions

DeletedUser

The first "upgrade" gives a 20% increase in attack bonus but the cost increases by 60%. That's not a good deal, it's cheaper to just make more lower-level troops than it is to make higher level troops. Then the next upgrade only gives a 10% attack bonus increase from the base attack (which is only an 8.3% attack bonus increase from the first upgrade), but has a 100% increase in cost from the first upgrade, or a 320% increase in cost from the base price. This is terrible. How do I manage to keep researching but avoid these illnamed "upgrades"? I'd rather just keep making more cheaper/faster low level units instead.

Deleted User - 312108

Given that everything except a few city expansions is required to progress to the next chapter, you really can't get around the upgrades.

DeletedUser61

it's cheaper to just make more lower-level troops than it is to make higher level troops.
You can have it both ways. ALL of the troops that you've already trained are automatically upgraded, without any additional cost.

So, stack up a lot of troops and THEN upgrade.

DeletedUser

You can only have 5 squads of units on the battleground, so the strength of your units is very critical, or you won't be able to win the battle with the limited amount of armies on the battleground, however many units you stack up in your barracks. The disproportionately increased training costs are just the scarcity premium.

DeletedUser594

The first "upgrade" gives a 20% increase in attack bonus but the cost increases by 60%. That's not a good deal, it's cheaper to just make more lower-level troops than it is to make higher level troops. Then the next upgrade only gives a 10% attack bonus increase from the base attack (which is only an 8.3% attack bonus increase from the first upgrade), but has a 100% increase in cost from the first upgrade, or a 320% increase in cost from the base price. This is terrible. How do I manage to keep researching but avoid these illnamed "upgrades"? I'd rather just keep making more cheaper/faster low level units instead.

Upgrading increases 3 fighting attributes: Damage (min,max), HitPoints(AKAhealthpoints) (HP),and Attack Bonus against certain class of troops.
Damage: The damage value of an attack is determined, randomly, out of the units' damage range. (offensive strength)
Hitpoints(HP) show how much damage you can withstand. (defensive strength)
Attack Bonus: damage increased by (the shown percentage) against particular class of unit (light melee in this case)
Axe barbarian I : damage range (9min-11max) , no bonus , HP 20 cost=10supply
Axe barbarian II: damage range (12-14), 20%bonus vs LM, HP 26, cost =16 supply
Storm Barbarian (SB): damage range (19-23) , 30%bonus vs LM Hp 42 cost =32 supply

First Upgrade from Axe I to Axe II
  • Increases: damage min 33%, damage max 30%, HP 30%. Damage max against Light Melee class 52% increase
cost increase of 60%

Second Upgrade from Axe II to Storm Barbarian (A.K.A AXE III)
  • Increases min damage up 58%, max damage up 27%, HP up 61%, damage against LM up 78%
cost increase=100%

Total increase from Axe I to Storm Barbarian
  • Increases: damage min 111%, max 109%, HP 110%, damage against LM up 171%,
cost increase=320%

a squad of 120 Axe barbarian I can cause 1,320 damage and have 2400 health points to withstand an attack. no bonus
Storm barbarian....2760 damage, 5040 HP.., and w/bonus when striking LightMelee 3,588 damage