• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

testing

Sprite1313

Episode 9:
Everyone's favo(u)rite party sidekick, the chandelier, hung in there for a long time, but alas, all the excessive shaking due to the violent force from muffy's fire breathing was the tipping point. The chandelier came crashing down, trapping Myne's cat below. Sir Squirrel managed to leap off the collapsing light fixture and used Soggy as his parachute. As my lampions came tumbling down with the chandelier, there was enough slack on the ropes to free Ihrlaen, who was quickly drawn to the precious fallen Pet Food, now infused with Sprite1313's chili pepper. samidodamage is in the other room yelling for Ihrlaen to fling the Pet Food over, but Ihrlaen seems to be zoned in on the bag of kibble. I think we're about to get bonus free shots! muffy, having burned off her sickly green, finally remembered that she has wings! Having set the table and wall ablaze, she now sets her eyes on the Banshee, with the help of her glasses again. Oh, but it looks like the Banshee's protected by Soggy's industrial-grade colander, which appears to be fireproof! Things were starting to look brighter for our motley cast of characters, which usually does when you light half the room on fire, but the Banshee's NOT going to like muffy messing up her hair...
muffy-v9.jpg
Erm... @crackie it appears that you, @Myne and I are all on fire up there on the wall behind @muffy. Is her tail going to fan the flames, or extinguish them?

Myne

Oh Wise One
Erm... @crackie it appears that you, @Myne and I are all on fire up there on the wall behind @muffy. Is her tail going to fan the flames, or extinguish them?

Dunno. BUT I have a trusty garbage can lid as protection. I recommend that all of you find one. That kibble could be dangerous because, you know, gas happens. Still unsure here if I want that cat chandelier or not...it looks meaner than me.

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
Elven barracks mage is fodder.
Thems are fighting words!
Alert: A new character has entered the fray! It looks like the Banshee House might go down in flames, but at least in front of a beautiful sunset.

Well...our photos are in flames, but your chili is not yet roasted, Myne's cat is being sat on by the party chandelier, and I am a tangled mess on the floor.

Edit: I'm not sure how we put out the fire since I already dehydrated Soggy. Oops. You guys are the pyromaniacs asking for Molotov cocktails!

Last edited:

crackie

So funny. Thank you all for sharing your humor.
I’m really late to this party, but if the phoenixes are still hungry… I brought cake.
Good news! You've made it in time for the Epilogue. I was trying to avoid the Tolkien pitfall of having three endings. However, I can't in good conscious leave @Iamaita as the only one left out of the mayhem who responded to @muffy.'s magical thread. Now I get to add an epilogue and end it like how I originally intended, which is to leave us all at @helya's mercy. After all, it's very on brand for her to clean up messes on the forum with the snap of her finger a click of the button while snacking on treats! Were you guys really expecting me to get us out of a burning house using only items found in a miscellaneous assortment of avatars and signatures? I mean, even McGuyver probably didn't have to figure out how to pair a squirrel and sunsets to get out of jams! I did have a good laugh when I saw @Dreamyn2 had added a comment. Like really?? She's literally sleeping and unconscious! How do I fit that into the story? And then I realized she answered that question herself! :D Anyway, I think I've gotten everyone that responded who has an avatar or signature. This was fun, albeit a bit of a brain wrecker to piece together and fraught with a lot of visual challenges. Don't worry, @helya...I've gotten all curiosity of making broken glass out of my system and hope to not have to make digital shards again anytime in the near future. Burning things, on the other hand, was a bundle of joy!

Thank you, muffy, for letting us hijack your thread and making me ask the big questions like how does one hold shots and a bottle of Jagermeister with tiny T-Rex hands? Thanks everyone else for playing along! Next time I think it's a good idea to illustrate a thread, I hope someone slaps me!

p.s. I'm sad you can't read it, but it shows helya has 82391391751 alerts, which is what I imagine her dashboard looks like when she signs on here (and I've added +1 to the pile).
p.s.s There is an official movie poster in progress.

Epilogue:
muffy-v10-epilogue.jpg

Last edited:

muffy.

Chef - Scroll-Keeper - Chandelier Swinger - EAA
***insert all the pics I tried to make and screwed up ***
Prolly a good thing LOL. .....I was doin great till suddenly RL bit me right in the tail...totally put a damper on my insanity !!!!!
Thank you @crackie for the laughter and fun.....it was truly worth the read !!!!! These are the parts of the forum I like best. I realize most times it's complaints and questions....rightfully so.. ummm I guess.But the fun and laughter of situations is where you really get to know people and their font ......lol
@helya I still say you outta get a Pay Per View area ...lol just tryin to get you a lil side stash....
Just think you could make enough to take us all to Hawaii !!!!! I will supply the jagerbombs !!!!!!

On a side note I really think we need a crack me up button .....cuz sometimes things are a bit more than just a " like "
you-crack-me-up.png
Ya'll deserve this button !!!!!

helya

Beloved Ex-Team Member
Don't worry, @helya...I've gotten all curiosity of making broken glass out of my system and hope to not have to make digital shards again anytime in the near future. Burning things, on the other hand, was a bundle of joy!

I'm not personally against fire, it helps keep the marshmallows toasted

p.s. I'm sad you can't read it, but it shows helya has 82391391751 alerts, which is what I imagine her dashboard looks like when she signs on here (and I've added +1 to the pile).

You padded my alerts a little, I never have more than 82391391701

@helya I still say you outta get a Pay Per View area ...lol just tryin to get you a lil side stash....
Just think you could make enough to take us all to Hawaii !!!!! I will supply the jagerbombs !!!!!!

I can just picture the lot of you together on a plane to Hawaii. I'd be the one that needed the jagerbombs.

@crackie that was a very enjoyable detour you made on @muffy.'s post

crackie

But the fun and laughter of situations is where you really get to know people and their font ......lol
Oh no. I hope I don’t come across as Comic Sans! :eek: We might not see eye-to-eye on Bud Sorceress around here, but surely there is group consensus on Comic Sans being a terrible font? Yes, that’s right...I put it on all the Winter Lampion Repellent labels to show my disdain! Which reminds me...I do need a new avatar now that they’re gone from MA. The Shenanigan Elves might have to retire one of their hottest selling items from the catalogue too. These dang light decorations are chaining me down! Even when I'm finally freed, I don't know what to do with my newfound freedom. I hope I'm not Winter Lampion institutionalized. I see @Sprite1313 wasted no time changing out her avatar.

@crackie that was a very enjoyable detour you made on @muffy.'s post
Detour would assume there was an actual planned destination when I started...

Sir Squirrel

Artist EXTRAORDINAIRE and Buddy Fan Club member
Lol, I have to say that every picture in the story was done to perfection. Crackie you are amazing at making them! My favorite is the Epilogue! How many of you seen Helya's reflection in the laptop monitor? Insane attention to detail crackie, well done!! I love the look of the font for the Banshee House movie poster too, very hot! I was glad to be a part of this production, let me know if we are doing a sequil. See you all at the Oscars!!

P.s I also wanted to add what a great job you did on the broken glass effect! I tried to do a broken glass effect once and it looked like a hot mess. I just could not make it look like broken glass no matter what I tried, so well done!

Last edited:

crackie

How many of you seen Helya's reflection in the laptop monitor? Insane attention to detail crackie, well done!!
Haha. Now we’re at the director’s commentary/behind-the-scenes segment. There were sooo many visual challenges for sure as you guys brought the most random things, like cake and Sleeping Beauty, to a Banshee fight! For the Epilogue, I had to figure out how to show it’s helya about to delete the whole thing with only a head to work with, while simultaneously needing to add a piece of cake! Similarly, I originally wanted to have @MaidenFair holding a bucket of water over Dreamyn2 to hint at how the dream will end, but MaidenFair’s avatar is only a head too, and one looking forward and not down! That ending had to get rewritten.
I also wanted to add what a great job you did on the broken glass effect!
That was me painting myself into a corner for the visual joke of flinging boxers over a squirrel and then realizing I must now figure out how to break you free. Why stop at Soggy’s bowl when I should just shatter everything! You had some Jagerbombs on the steps with you in the beginning, so they would have to shatter too if they are right next to Soggy’s bowl (details). Those shards on the stairs were WAY harder to create than the camera glass! Breaking the 4th wall would have set up the joke of maybe having the Shenanigan Elves replacing the broken glass on the camera in an upcoming episode, but I decided they are better at their mischief making if they weren’t seen at all. They’re sorta just lurking somewhere unseen ready to cause more shenanigans. Leaving the camera broken also creates a more chaotic visual of a disaster ;)

MaidenFair

Chef - Head Philologist
I am both bemused and amused by this wacky adventure. I figured my avatar wouldn't give you much to work with, but I didn't know it would cramp your creative genius, @crackie...sorry about that. ;) I'm glad it turned out to be a dream...I had a feeling that banshee wasn't going to put up with our shenanigans for much longer, lol! I love the movie poster. :cool:

If it's time for a viewing party, I'll break out the fresh homemade vanilla ice cream we have in the freezer (shh, don't tell my sister I'm sharing!). Oh, and @crackie , I hate to be the one to tell you but...
1644767105826.png

(can't for the life of me seem to figure out how to embed a gif. Oh, well.)

crackie

I figured my avatar wouldn't give you much to work with, but I didn't know it would cramp your creative genius, @crackie...sorry about that.
Haha, it's not hard for me to stick your heads on other people's bodies, but that's high on the list of things I get asked to do a lot so it's not something I need to visually explore further. On the other hand, while I have had interesting requests float my way before, nobody's asking me to set Santa's sleigh ablaze on their XMAS cards (maybe they should!) and I don't know when I'll be asked to make a parachuting squirrel.

Oh, and @crackie , I hate to be the one to tell you but...
I think you're confusing me with @muffy. Her title is "muffy, Dedicated Party Animal, Disturber of Peace, Friend of Jagermeister, Owner of Tiny T-Rex Hands".