• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Thank you for the Birthday Unicorn

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
That's easy enough to fix. Don't use alternate towns on the same account. If you have a different account for every city you play, you can't log into the wrong town.
I was many chapters in before I found out that inno would give gifts to just the first account you log into.
Simple if you start as a new player now if you know about gifts, not so much after you've spent time and or money on multiple cities.:(

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I was many chapters in before I found out that inno would give gifts to just the first account you log into.
Simple if you start as a new player now if you know about gifts, not so much after you've spent time and or money on multiple cities.:(

I don't remember what it was that Inno gave out, but I learned over a year and a half ago, back when I still played on two servers, that some stuff was only given to one city. After that, I always made sure to log into my bigger city first.

SoggyShorts

I don't remember what it was that Inno gave out, but I learned over a year and a half ago, back when I still played on two servers, that some stuff was only given to one city. After that, I always made sure to log into my bigger city first.
Other than the black Friday unicorn or the blueprint I can't recall another gift.(but surely there have been more?)
Regardless, even logging into your bigger city (if you have one rather than 2 equal cities) isn't fool-proof. I was unlucky enough one time to get an expansion sale on the wrong city despite always logging into the one where I was waiting for it due to bad timing when the sale popped as I changed cities.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Other than the black Friday unicorn or the blueprint I can't recall another gift.(but surely there have been more?)
Regardless, even logging into your bigger city (if you have one rather than 2 equal cities) isn't fool-proof. I was unlucky enough one time to get an expansion sale on the wrong city despite always logging into the one where I was waiting for it due to bad timing when the sale popped as I changed cities.

The Black Friday unicorn, the magic residence, the 10 RR spells. The free event materials that you got from an email that only went to one city. We were given coin and supply instants back in 2017 when they were introduced that only went to the first city you logged into. There may have been more, but I do not remember right now and do not see anything else in a quick google search.

I do not remember them ever giving out a blueprint, unless you were mixing that up with the magic residence.

SoggyShorts

I do not remember them ever giving out a blueprint, unless you were mixing that up with the magic residence.
10RR, not 1 BP, my bad.
the magic residence
Every city got that, not just first log in, yet another inno inconsistency.:confused:
Especially since both the 10RR (1BP) and the magic res were both given in return for the pop nerf.

So one city gets 10 RR and both cities got a mag res? Makes no sense.

Last edited:

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
10RR, not 1 BP, my bad.

Every city got that, not just first log in, yet another inno inconsistency.:confused:
Especially since both the 10RR (1BP) and the magic res were both given in return for the pop nerf.

So one city gets 10 RR and both cities got a mag res? Makes no sense.

Since I was down to one city by the time they gave out the magic residence, I did not think about it, but every city at the time was part of the nerf, so every city getting the residence makes sense. But the 10 RRs only going to one city is odd.

But hey, at least they were looking out for the newer players who were not around for the nerfing of old buildings, as I think every current player at the time it was sent out got the residence, and same with the 10 RRs.

SoggyShorts

every city at the time was part of the nerf, so every city getting the residence makes sense.
Kinda... I was one of those few players who gained pop from the nerf :eek:in one city since I was just in the right chapter with the right buildings.
I'm not saying that inno isn't or wasn't generous, simply that the "first login" system is...imperfect, and an unnecessary source of frustration for some players every few months.

Personally, I don't care where I get a couple of hundred spell fragments since they have very low value. Also, my cities are all caught up now so any meaningful gift would simply unbalance and annoy me if I only got it in one city. Lose-lose unless inno changes the 1stlog policy.

Edit: I just remembered another"gift"- we got a phoenix cult fro reaching stage 3 of the FA since they nerfed the venars that was the stage 3 prize.

DeletedUser20951

*reads through entire thread, liking indiscriminately at exuberance shown, clicks off to check the news, realizes both cities have cake unicorn placed, clicks back* Thanks for the free, albeit slightly under-powered, collector's item, Inno! Much obliged. *tips hat, wanders off*

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I didn't say it was simple. I said there was an easy fix for that issue.
*cough*...diamond farming...*cough* ;)
All the better. Kills two birds with one projectile.

DeletedUser23052

While very beautiful, the B-day Uni is vastly out of scale along with other items such as the Rise of Phoenix and the Phoenix Nest. The new unicorn is almost as large as a level 7 residence and dwarfs the trader dragon! I wish someone with art sense would keep everything in scale. Tiny steps and people do not fix the problem of scale.

DeletedUser20617

That's just it though, I would rather pay 2 CC and some spell frags for a birthday unicorn with rainbow stats than to get one for free that I'll never place. The mechanic is already there in the chess set- just add the birthday unicorn to the crafting recipes. This has the added bonus of not pissing off players who accidentally log into the "wrong" city first and get the gift in an alt town.

I know it's hard (if not impossible) to cater to every type of player, but I think players who "care about numbers" are a big enough demographic that they should have been taken into consideration.
Well, as a newer player, I really appreciate the fact that Inno gave us a Unicorn. Geez, talk about sour grapes. It's a GIFT. Are you guys as ungrateful for gifts in your real lives???

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Well, as a newer player, I really appreciate the fact that Inno gave us a Unicorn. Geez, talk about sour grapes. It's a GIFT. Are you guys as ungrateful for gifts in your real lives???
I am sometimes. Gifts, at the very least, create an expectation, and can create an obligation, without an accompanying elevation. I have received some gifts that are treasures 40 years later, and others that became a lodestone around my neck at the moment of their presentation.

A gift which you can not use, and will not treasure, does not inherently deserve gratitude. The cost to Inno of this gift was probably earned back in diamond sales in the first minute of its existence. Meanwhile, amortizing it across many thousands of accounts makes it trivial. For those people who find the art exquisite, it is a treasure, for those who find it clunky in comparison to its brethren or sistren unicorns, and not sufficiently functional to warrant a place in their cities, it is undeserving of gratitude.

(edit: As a thankyou from a charity, I was once given a pair of hand-carved wooden bookends while I was on the other side of the country. I spent an hour figuring out how to pack them carefully for shipment back with me, and on arrival, one was irreparably broken, leaving me with a book-end. Even before they were in my hands, I found myself thinking I have no doubt they cost the charity good money, possibly more than most individuals can afford to donate in a year. I don't need them, I don't want them, and I felt they were a waste of money that could have been put to better use. The work I did for the group was fulfilling, and I never desired recompense of any sort. I felt zero gratitude for having that gift thrust upon me in public that I didn't already feel for knowing I'd helped some people.)

Last edited: