• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Thank you for the Birthday Unicorn

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Geez, talk about sour grapes. It's a GIFT. Are you guys as ungrateful for gifts in your real lives???
Do you love it when someone gifts you an article of clothing that you will never wear? o_O
"Gee thanks, you know I'm 6'3" but thanks for the size 5 shoes, I'm really grateful!":rolleyes:

If it's "the thought that counts", at least try to make it look like you put some thought into it.

qaccy

Well, as a newer player, I really appreciate the fact that Inno gave us a Unicorn. Geez, talk about sour grapes. It's a GIFT. Are you guys as ungrateful for gifts in your real lives???

If it's not something I can use, I'll probably be pretty dismissive of it, yeah. I don't think it's too uncommon a thing either. I think these feelings are what lead to examples like including the receipt with the gift (so the recipient can return or exchange it) or just giving a gift card/cash instead, to avoid giving something unwanted. Of course, there are people who may be upset by these practices as well, but to me that's really no different. We all have some sort of expectation when it comes to gifts, don't we?

NightshadeCS

If it's not something I can use, I'll probably be pretty dismissive of it, yeah. I don't think it's too uncommon a thing either. I think these feelings are what lead to examples like including the receipt with the gift (so the recipient can return or exchange it) or just giving a gift card/cash instead, to avoid giving something unwanted. Of course, there are people who may be upset by these practices as well, but to me that's really no different. We all have some sort of expectation when it comes to gifts, don't we?

Luckily, Inno did include the receipt! Or at least in-store credit. (hello, disenchantment!) ;);)

DeletedUser

Do you love it when someone gifts you an article of clothing that you will never wear?

Yes. Thank you for the lovely quilting material.

"Gee thanks, you know I'm 6'3" but thanks for the size 5 shoes, I'm really grateful!"

My Great Danes will love their new chew toys.

hope-my-fake-smile-works-again-icon.png

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
Do you love it when someone gifts you an article of clothing that you will never wear? o_O
"Gee thanks, you know I'm 6'3" but thanks for the size 5 shoes, I'm really grateful!":rolleyes:

If it's "the thought that counts", at least try to make it look like you put some thought into it.

Some years ago my brother ( though obviously his wife did the shopping ) gave me a battery operated shoe polisher for Christmas.
Rather thoughtful gift, for somebody I guess.
But considering I only ever wore sneakers (and no socks) to me it screamed, "We budgeted $10 for his gift, here's something for $9.29"

I'd seriously rather get no gift than something people bought because they felt they had to.
I always looked for gifts that suited the person.
And I also never believed spending equally on each person.
My theory was always, if Soggy loves Ugly Christmas Sweaters and I find one that's perfect for him at $75, cool.
And, Ashrem collects little ballerina dolls and I find one he doesn't have in his collection for $5, cool.
If both people got the perfect gift, who cares what the cost difference is?

Ok so I carried this a little farther off the track than I meant to.

NightshadeCS

Some years ago my brother ( though obviously his wife did the shopping ) gave me a battery operated shoe polisher for Christmas.
Rather thoughtful gift, for somebody I guess.
But considering I only ever wore sneakers (and no socks) to me it screamed, "We budgeted $10 for his gift, here's something for $9.29"

I'd seriously rather get no gift than something people bought because they felt they had to.
I always looked for gifts that suited the person.
And I also never believed spending equally on each person.
My theory was always, if Soggy loves Ugly Christmas Sweaters and I find one that's perfect for him at $75, cool.
And, Ashrem collects little ballerina dolls and I find one he doesn't have in his collection for $5, cool.
If both people got the perfect gift, who cares what the cost difference is?

One Christmas, I received a battery-operated foot callous sander from my grandparents, the kind that says "As Seen on TV!" on the package (guaranteed Walgreens purchase). :eek::eek::eek:

I now give gifts according to the method I heard from Jada Pinkett Smith, which is that I buy things for people that I really want them to have. I don't pick from a list they give me or worry about the price (though I am not buying anyone a yacht!). And if I don't have something that I really want to give all the nieces and nephews, they get hard, cold cash (gift cards are the downfall of society).

As for the Birthday Unicorn, I still put mine out, grateful for a cute freebie. I don't need or expect Inno to gift me with game-changing buildings. BUT, I think it is silly to put artists to work on something new that does not even compare to some of the basic crafting options and that a large percentage of players are going to convert directly to spell fragments.

The little devil on my shoulder thinks perhaps a social media contest is coming where we will get diamonds for posting a pic of our Fluffies placed in our city...teeheeheeheehee!!!