• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

That Amazing Father Glitter Tree

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
One does wonder if they are there for small to medium players who might not have them as of yet. I have so many glitter trees in my inventory it makes my my inventory look like a Christmas Sale warehouse. All that glitters is not gold, sometimes it's fairy dust and dreams.

AJ

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
One does wonder if they are there for small to medium players who might not have them as of yet. I have so many glitter trees in my inventory it makes my my inventory look like a Christmas Sale warehouse. All that glitters is not gold, sometimes it's fairy dust and dreams.
I think there should be equivalent things, but who wants to come to game that's all about the graphics and look at Christmas trees over and over again all summer? I, too, could live without the blue flames and lampions, but at least they don't look dumb when it's hitting 30C outside.

The fact that I already know how many fragments I will get for two trees should be a bad sign to the developers.

Kekune

I, too, could live without the blue flames and lampions, but at least they don't look dumb when it's hitting 30C outside.
I mean, they ARE frozen and covered in snow, respectively, so they look pretty dumb to me.

I miss having Venars Rocks II from the chest...I liked that one.

ETA: I've been seeing igloos lately too. At least it gives a useful amount of pop, despite the bizarre snow theme in summer.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
It doesn't bother me as much because nearby glaciers/mountain tops and magical ice are all easier to accept than Christmas trees 365 days a year.

I still don't like them taking up slots, but they don't intrinsically bother me.

AtaguS

Seems like a nice thing to do would be to create some lovely buildings of similar value which are unique to the magic academy crafting prize. I've never been impressed with the recycling of old event buildings as prizes in other places and most particulary not the silly candycane xmas ones. I don't even want to look at that stuff in December.

KarlD

I actually like my Father Glitter Trees. They provide a lot of culture per square and are my best buildings when receiving neighbor help. I find the Blue Flames and Winter Lampions are a total disappointment when I win those, but although I'm not looking for culture at this time I wouldn't mind replacing some existing buildings with Glitter Trees.

Aritra

six month newbie here...
I don't have a Father Glitter Tree yet, but I've seen them when I visited other cities.
Just wanted to comment about overstock. I'm in the stage that I'm disenchanting anything I can to get fragments so I can craft what I want. I suppose someday I'll be like you and have more resources than I know what to do with, but until then... lol

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
six month newbie here...
I don't have a Father Glitter Tree yet, but I've seen them when I visited other cities.
Just wanted to comment about overstock. I'm in the stage that I'm disenchanting anything I can to get fragments so I can craft what I want. I suppose someday I'll be like you and have more resources than I know what to do with, but until then... lol
Just make sure you don't disenchant your portal profits. I made that mistake during the first couple months on Elvenar and I've been kicking myself ever since. And don't worry ... you'll get there for sure. :)

Aritra

Just make sure you don't disenchant your portal profits. I made that mistake during the first couple months on Elvenar and I've been kicking myself ever since. And don't worry ... you'll get there for sure. :)
I did disenchant those, but haven't reach the point of wishing I hadn't. In the beginning, and a little still, I didn't understand what the big deal was. And I got lots of fragments for them (which is a clue, of course, to their value). It let me craft some things that met my needs. I'm sure I'll get more over time and I'll keep this in mind. I just established my first portal so I won't be disenchanting anymore of those until I get a feel for their value to me. Thanks :)

Laochra

I have the Father Tree of Candy Canes. The only reason I keep them is because of the chunk of pop I get from each one. In one city, I won 4 of them while I was in Dwarves. 3x3 with 530 pop is hard for me to part with.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
six month newbie here...
Once you get to chapter 3 and the Spire of Eternity becomes available, your spell fragment shortage will be solved. You will win lots of spell fragments there. I play 3 different cities. I do not think I have have to had to disenchant a single item for spell fragments in any of them once I reached the Spire.

Alpha Lyrae

I was just thinking about the Father Glitter Tree the other day. What if, at the very least, they created 3 other seasonal Glitter Trees? At least we could have a bit of variation.