• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

That's all for me, thanks for the good times

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
Over the last couple years I've always found your mathematical analysis very helpful. You never just gave your opinion, but also gave us reasons for believing your opinion. That's how it should be done. You have been a great example for all of us and, as other have said, you will be missed -- for as long as you are gone (added, hopefully).

AJ

shimmerfly

:(:( No No!
Dang it Mr Soggy Shorts ( aka Drippy Drawers, Potty Pants, Wet Britches ) :p We want you to stay.
You are one of the good guys.
I wish you the absolute best and want to Thank you for making this a fun learning gaming experience.
Your advice and problem solving and humor are something I looked forward to each day.
We all wish you happiness and hope you'll pop in from time to time to say hello?!
This wasyou before they got soggy?

ekarat

I understand the feeling. I quit FoE a few months ago for similar reasons. I'm wavering on this game because timewarp made tournaments more time-flexible, and because I want to see what comes next after the sentient goods trilogy.

You were one of the most well-reasoned people here, and you understood the diminishing returns that exist in this game.

Hopefully, you will at least try out the next guest race when it arrives.

DeletedUser19483

So sets the sun on the great kingdom that Soggy Shorts made. The residents looked upon the setting sun with tired, but happy, smiles. Finally the fighting was over. The struggle, the worry. Now they can enjoy the peace they struggled so hard to obtain and preserve. The sun continued to set upon the beautiful city and the residents cheered on the streets. The soldiers put away their weapons and hung up their armor. For the need for them had passed. In the empty throne room of the magnificent palace one could have seen a regal king sitting on his throne looking at the sun set and his cheering people. He gave a slight smile. Content is all one could say to describe him. Yes the sun set on Soggy Short's city but his legacy would live on.

DeletedUser1016

So sets the sun on the great kingdom that Soggy Shorts made. The residents looked upon the setting sun with tired, but happy, smiles. Finally the fighting was over. The struggle, the worry. Now they can enjoy the peace they struggled so hard to obtain and preserve. The sun continued to set upon the beautiful city and the residents cheered on the streets. The soldiers put away their weapons and hung up their armor. For the need for them had passed. In the empty throne room of the magnificent palace one could have seen a regal king sitting on his throne looking at the sun set and his cheering people. He gave a slight smile. Content is all one could say to describe him. Yes the sun set on Soggy Short's city but his legacy would live on.
Beautiful...just - beautiful.

DeletedUser8192

As some of you may have noticed I took a 2-week break to see how I felt about leaving Elvenar. After 3 years and 10,000 forum posts:eek: (7 here, 3 on Beta/EN) I think my time here is over.

I'll certainly miss the forums, but I don't think I'll actually miss playing...at least not the game I've had the past ~15 months. @Tedious perfectly summed up the biggest late-game issues in his farewell thread:

This is exactly how I have felt for quite some time, and I think I've waited as long as I could for Inno to add end-game content.

Best of luck to all of you, perhaps we'll meet again someday.
Cheers,
Soggy

If you need to reach me, I'll keep PM notifications turned on for a while.

IMO you really need to prioritize improving some features like Browser visits and the FA. It doesn't matter how, just do it.
To quote a Valve review: Sometimes changing full diapers IMMEDIATELY is the best cause of action before the stink starts ruining every pleasantness around you; not thinking about why, when or the optimal way of changing it for a long time before you do, looking like 40 road workers looking bewildered at each other while tossing one spade between them.

DUDE...Say What...

Hope your PM is still on cuz I didn't get a chance to even say "catch ya on the flip side" I valued the majority of your insights, even though at times they first made me cross-eyed and I had to re-read your post lol..You are quite literally one of the main reasons I stuck around the forums, and I appreciate the insights you would share here, or in private correspondence Soggy.

I completely understand how you feel about the game as I have been taking time here and there to see how I feel about leaving as well, but it would still be great to see you pop up here once in a while so we can all chat as a group..I have a few people from here I chat with, but dang Soggy, you always had me rolling Brother..

If you don't want to stay, well then,.. él síla lúmena vomentienguo Háno

"A star shines upon the hour of the meeting of our ways Brother"

Seachant

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser17339

You are appreciated by the people that count - the players. And you helped more players than you'll ever know. Not all of us are vocal, but your logic and strategic tips didn't fall on deaf ears. Thank you so much for the time you devoted to share your game insights and offer solid advice. You'll be missed.

DeletedUser4194

This is great. @Fairy Dust, or @Xelenia , would ya'll pass this to the devs?

Many improvements are in the works. They have been mentioned in different places at different times, like on the Facebook live Q&As, in some update notes, etc. However some are not as easy to implement, and it seems that this is seen as if it means that the work is not being done, or even planned.
Asking for a precise date, or for features to be implemented immediately, regardless of their developmental stage, is not going to make it happen faster.

We always appreciate the ideas, comments, and concerns expressed by all players. They are indeed forwarded, and we cannot grow without them.
Please keep them coming.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Thank you, everyone, for the well wishes! I'll miss you too! I think I replied to all of the private messages, if not please send another!
However some are not as easy to implement, and it seems that this is seen as if it means that the work is not being done, or even planned.
Some might take a little effort to implement, but really there are a few major Quality of Life changes that could be implemented during someone's lunch break
Hey, Dave, can you do this while you have your coffee?
  1. Add the scout icon to the main bar so players can see if it is available.
  2. Make the start of the chapter more obvious by having the advanced scouts tech to the left of the dividing line.
  3. Implement hotkeys on the fight page for selecting troops.
  4. Change event quests from "produce boosted T1" to "produce any T1" to make it fair for players with larger level 1 factories.
  5. Add blueprints to the inventory so players can see how many they have.
  6. Replace every "Awesome" pop-up with just a floating text.
And others that would take some time but it would be measured in hours, not months and should certainly not still be an issue years later.
  1. Replace the FA quests with the Crafting Challenge system so that collecting 1 beverage automatically gives 1 Dwarven Badge and 1 toolbox automatically gives 1 Blacksmith Badge.
  2. Implement the mobile features on the browser and vice-versa- there should never be such a massive imbalance between features that players are sitting in front of their PC doing visits on their phone.
  3. Fast visits, "auto next tournament spot", and "set all" workshops on browser like on mobile.
  4. Donate KP and have messages on mobile like on browser.
  5. Messages upgrade: autocomplete names, Sticky threads, "select all mages" add fonts/bold etc.
  6. Notification overhaul:split trades, visits, and other into different tabs.
  7. When a wonder that we donated to completes, tell us who's wonder it was.
  8. Chat upgrade: Add more channels such as Mages, Whisper, Gobal 1-10, Trade, Event, and Help.
  9. Trader upgrade: Add a cross-tier filter, allow partial trade purchases, and move trades with the best ratio to the top.
  10. Matchmaking: Add some basic features that allow FS and players to find each other like letting FS set recruiting status and minimum requirements while letting players filter fellowship lists by the same.
These are all universally desired features with no drawbacks (since they don't affect game balance) A company that pulls in over $200,000,000 per year with over 400 employees should be able to handle something that an indie company does in some guy's basement.

They have been mentioned in different places at different times, like on the Facebook live Q&As
Consider this my parting gift to the players:
Use the above lists to hammer at the devs during every Live Q&A. Drown out the players constantly asking for building rotation and praising the art of some new unicorn. Don't let the Devs off with their usual "We have something in the works" the answers are all there, the solutions exist- just change the diaper already!

DeletedUser8192

This is my new War Cry... I will try and figure out how to add the text under my Sig

My thought as well Gath lmao..

Thank you, everyone, for the well wishes! I'll miss you too! I think I replied to all of the private messages, if not please send another!

Some might take a little effort to implement, but really there are a few major Quality of Life changes that could be implemented during someone's lunch break
Hey, Dave, can you do this while you have your coffee?
  1. Add the scout icon to the main bar so players can see if it is available.
  2. Make the start of the chapter more obvious by having the advanced scouts tech to the left of the dividing line.
  3. Implement hotkeys on the fight page for selecting troops.
  4. Change event quests from "produce boosted T1" to "produce any T1" to make it fair for players with larger level 1 factories.
  5. Add blueprints to the inventory so players can see how many they have.
  6. Replace every "Awesome" pop-up with just a floating text.
And others that would take some time but it would be measured in hours, not months and should certainly not still be an issue years later.
  1. Replace the FA quests with the Crafting Challenge system so that collecting 1 beverage automatically gives 1 Dwarven Badge and 1 toolbox automatically gives 1 Blacksmith Badge.
  2. Implement the mobile features on the browser and vice-versa- there should never be such a massive imbalance between features that players are sitting in front of their PC doing visits on their phone.
  3. Fast visits, "auto next tournament spot", and "set all" workshops on browser like on mobile.
  4. Donate KP and have messages on mobile like on browser.
  5. Messages upgrade: autocomplete names, Sticky threads, "select all mages" add fonts/bold etc.
  6. Notification overhaul:split trades, visits, and other into different tabs.
  7. When a wonder that we donated to completes, tell us who's wonder it was.
  8. Chat upgrade: Add more channels such as Mages, Whisper, Gobal 1-10, Trade, Event, and Help.
  9. Trader upgrade: Add a cross-tier filter, allow partial trade purchases, and move trades with the best ratio to the top.
  10. Matchmaking: Add some basic features that allow FS and players to find each other like letting FS set recruiting status and minimum requirements while letting players filter fellowship lists by the same.
These are all universally desired features with no drawbacks (since they don't affect game balance) A company that pulls in over $200,000,000 per year with over 400 employees should be able to handle something that an indie company does in some guy's basement.

Consider this my parting gift to the players:
Use the above lists to hammer at the devs during every Live Q&A. Drown out the players constantly asking for building rotation and praising the art of some new unicorn. Don't let the Devs off with their usual "We have something in the works" the answers are all there, the solutions exist- just change the diaper already!

It was a real treat to see you in the forum today Soggy and thank you for your post, I like others agree with it except for one comment..I don't think any any employee should have to work on their lunch break if they are actually putting work in on all of their other hours, unless they are bucking for a major promotion and really want to impress the Boss lol...Other than that, spot on Brother..

Hope to see you here more even if you aren't playing the game :)