• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

The Air Traders Voyage Event Discussion

Gylldor

I’m really enjoying the Air Traders event! I think that hacking the event quests might be my favorite Elvenar activity. It’s great to have troop platoons and regiments in the prize chests - also appreciate the MMs!! Really NOT that interested in the ships - very large - mostly kinda gaudy & only giving culture points - I did place the orc ship for its goods. Wish the sorcerers ship had some goods/pops - it’s the only one with decent aesthetics. The event set dock buildings look kinda interesting & very old school. Somehow the graphics reminded me of the old Jonny Quest cartoons & I’m seriously digging the tier II goods. Seriously disappointed that, once again, it appears there are no wishing wells in the grand prize lineup (which has been pretty lame thus far) - ZERO interest in the carting libraries (or Ferris wheels). The theme is fun and overall, it’s been a pretty good time. Thanks InnoGames!

Risen Malchiah

I'm utterly shocked. In a good way. :)

The quest dialogue talks about needing coins and the quest is for coins. The dialogue mentions food and the quest is to make bread. The dialogue mentions needing tools and the quest is for supplies. Thank you!

I'm only a few quests in but thankfully so far there's been no silky fabric made of steel, or recruiting troops for a hungry Phoenix or beverages for burning tents. :p
Update. While I like the fact that the dialogue matches the tasks in the quests, somehow it now feels so.... boring. The quest dialogue tells no story whatsoever. The dialogue has been stripped of saying anything at all that's actually worth reading. And for quests that are repeated (like coins, bread, relics, supplies, etc), the quest dialogue is just copy/pasted from the previous time that quest came up.

As far as I can tell, the Air Traders Voyage event has no story at all. They're just here for some reason and need food, coins and supplies. What is the theme? Why are they here? Where are they from? Where are the memorable named characters with personality? I seriously gotta write up a whole event for you guys so you can see what a story-driven event with quests that match the dialogue looks like. ;)

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
As far as I can tell, the Air Traders Voyage event has no story at all. They're just here for some reason and need food, coins and supplies. What is the theme? Why are they here? Where are they from? Where are the memorable named characters with personality? I seriously gotta write up a whole event for you guys so you can see what a story-driven event with quests that match the dialogue looks like. ;)

I don't remember any story at all, not even in the first 10 or 20 quests, like older events barely had. I think the last real story told through an entire event was the 2019 Valentine continuation of that weird love story. This year, with Carnival and Valentines merged together, that element was lost completely. And as a whole, I think the mini-events that lasted only 10 to 14 days had the most cohesive stories, mainly because they only had to write about fourteen sentences to tell a story.

Tawneywild

I'm in Level 3 on my elf, and level 2 on my human. I looked for a fellowship that was low key and had low expectations - (one of them advertises "build your city at your own pace, we just ask that you continue making progress" and the other is just that with an added "help your neighbors in the FS two or three times a week.) Neither talks alot but will respond if you ask questions and help almost immediately if you need a trade (even small ones). I like them both.

The BEST thing about a fellowship is that it's super easy (less than a minute) to give neighborly help and you get the tool bonus when you help someone who has helped you - so that is awesome and has sped things up for me in some places. When high level members donate to your main hall it adds up quick.

Just my two cents on fellowships.

I like the event though I'm not sure where the room for all these ships would come from - if anyone has them, I'd like to see them all out. It's been fun trying to win them as prizes.

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
I like the event though I'm not sure where the room for all these ships would come from - if anyone has them, I'd like to see them all out. It's been fun trying to win them as prizes.

At your level it will be hard to find room for full sets. There might be individual pieces that give things you need like T2 goods. But they might not be worth it. You'll be going through the next couple chapters pretty fast and I doubt they'll be worth upgrading. I imagine restorations are pretty rare for newer cities. And there will similar buildings coming in future events.
Someone else might have different thoughts.
But I agree, even if you aren't going to use them it is fun trying to collect them all.
Glad you found FS' that suit you. That makes the game much more enjoyable.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
At your level it will be hard to find room for full sets. There might be individual pieces that give things you need like T2 goods. But they might not be worth it. You'll be going through the next couple chapters pretty fast and I doubt they'll be worth upgrading. I imagine restorations are pretty rare for newer cities. And there will similar buildings coming in future events.
Someone else might have different thoughts.
But I agree, even if you aren't going to use them it is fun trying to collect them all.
Glad you found FS' that suit you. That makes the game much more enjoyable.
It might not be as hard to find room for the sets as you think. You win expansions fairly quickly at that level. And the set you win in chapter 3 will still be pretty good in chapter 4 or even 5. Most importantly: players at that level do not have to worry about guest race buildings yet. They can devote all of their space to other buildings. It makes a difference.

Risen Malchiah

I don't remember any story at all, not even in the first 10 or 20 quests, like older events barely had. I think the last real story told through an entire event was the 2019 Valentine continuation of that weird love story. This year, with Carnival and Valentines merged together, that element was lost completely. And as a whole, I think the mini-events that lasted only 10 to 14 days had the most cohesive stories, mainly because they only had to write about fourteen sentences to tell a story.
Yeah, I guess I'm asking too much maybe? With the recent Phoenix event, it started out good. It seemed like there was a rift in the Phoenix cult with some now worshiping the Coldfire Phoenix. I thought it was going to get really interesting. But that story meandered a bit. The most interesting thing for me there was finding dialogue that made the tasks seem odd (like the task to train troops when the quest giver talked about how hungry the Phoenixes are). At least that was amusing. :p

Deleted User - 3932582

The most interesting thing for me there was finding dialogue that made the tasks seem odd (like the task to train troops when the quest giver talked about how hungry the Phoenixes are).
Ahem, Phoenixes are big birds, you know... ;)

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
It might not be as hard to find room for the sets as you think. You win expansions fairly quickly at that level. And the set you win in chapter 3 will still be pretty good in chapter 4 or even 5. Most importantly: players at that level do not have to worry about guest race buildings yet. They can devote all of their space to other buildings. It makes a difference.

I'll just assume that I read that as more condescending than you meant it.

Jackluyt

Platinum Leaf -FB
there's a limit on switching FSs that I didn't know of

The only limit on switching fellowships is that you may only join one fellowship in any 24 hour period. Other than that, when you leave a group, you can join another immediately.
The rule is there to stop 'fellowship hopping' - popping over to another fellowship to trade some goods, and then going home again immediately.

BrinDarby

@Risen Malchiah , never heard of Platinum Leaf , and no brand new to game.
Thanks Inno-games for your event... I guess I'm into the 1 day tasks, hopefully
I can still get to the end in time.....

I am Ch-2, but playing AirTraders has pushed me to complete'n and going to Ch-3.
I Plan to build an account around 1 event. I will have 4-5 expansions I didn't start
the event with. I will have (20) 5x5s , and will use the whole set + all 8 ships...
I bet thats a dumb move, but will look kewl....

I'm now in conservation mode on crystals, so I can get 1 each of all the ships
hopefully, well thats the plan... This has been a good event even for a Ch-2 player.
BrinD

PS. to all who commented, even if I didnt listen, thanks.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Am I correct that neighborly help produces no relics when you have a "Gain x Relics" quest?

You get three rewards every day when you visit your neighbors. What you get is random and a relic is one of the options. If you need relics and cannot do anything in your provinces, a new tournament starts tomorrow. Plus, watch your crafting options in the Magic Academy, as there are nine possible craftings of 5 relics, one for each type.

Oh, and the three rewards/chests reset with the beginning of the new game day, which just started about a half hour ago.