• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

The Air Traders Voyage Event Discussion

BrinDarby

@Risen Malchiah ,
By the time AirTraders ends I will be CH-3, I have 2-3 more research to do now.
The plan was to do the event, see where I ended up, then go from there...
I had nothing really to start with, but now I have stuff to dis-enchant for shards.
That will buy me a few pieces from the MA. Yes I won't open stuff up untill I am
Ch-3, but won't wait further. The bonuses are ok for 3, and dont get much better
till 6-7... I'm not waiting that long. I will have a few duplicates that I can save to
upgrade those later on for no cost really.

As far as a FS, naaa I'm just in 1 trying to get ppl to talk to, easier said that done...
and 2 for tournaments but now I'm to the daily Tasks, its not as important. I will
seek out a FS for a more permanent role, once Air Traders is over.

I know since space is limited, some buildings are not as efficient as others, therefore
really placing a whole set is kinda counter-productive... The one benefit is really an
insane culture score to basically start a city with, so fighting that battle is 1 thing
I'd like to eliminate for awhile...
BrinD

Risen Malchiah

@Risen Malchiah ,
I know since space is limited, some buildings are not as efficient as others, therefore
really placing a whole set is kinda counter-productive... The one benefit is really an
insane culture score to basically start a city with, so fighting that battle is 1 thing
I'd like to eliminate for awhile...
Early on, a few high culture beings are key. The Dwarven ship coming up in a few days is a good option. Most event buildings will be more efficient than some of the standard culture buildings. (And buildings that give population & culture are great as well, saving space on residences.)

BrinDarby

And when you place it the rewards will still be chapter 2 level

Couldda swore I read a few threads that explained it differently or I
misunderstood. I thought it goes by in what chapter you open it....
if its in inventory and you save it for a couple chapters then open it,
then thats the level its based on....

I might aswell ask, I haven't done the big chest yet @ end of CH-2,
but the little arow thingy below the levels now is on CH-3, does that
mean I'm C2 or C3 ??? or just assume once you open the big chest
at the end of the level, then you have advanced ?
BrinD

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Couldda swore I read a few threads that explained it differently or I
misunderstood. I thought it goes by in what chapter you open it....
if its in inventory and you save it for a couple chapters then open it,
then thats the level its based on....
No. Muck is correct. Once you collect it, it is set at that chapter.

I might aswell ask, I haven't done the big chest yet @ end of CH-2,
but the little arow thingy below the levels now is on CH-3, does that
mean I'm C2 or C3 ??? or just assume once you open the big chest
at the end of the level, then you have advanced ?
BrinD
The arrow thing is meaningless. Opening the big chest is also meaningless. You are not considered in a chapter until you have completed one research in that chapter. The game considers you to be in Chapter III when you have finished the advanced scouts
1592890949762.png

Note: collecting is specific. If there is a prize that you earn, but then it sits and waits for you to collect it before it goes into your inventory (like the items at the bottom of the quest window for the Airt Traders) they are fixed when you collect them. At that point they are in your inventory and don't change. Other prizes are collected automatically when you win them (anything that comes out of the chests/spinners) Those are fixed as soon as you win them, because they are automatically added to your inventory with no chance to complete additional techs before that happens.

Last edited:

mikeledo

A crystal offer when you buy diamonds. Now I have bought these before, generally after just buying a 100% offer. In order for me to buy one (I assume others are in the same boat) the grand prize (normally an evolving building) must be worth owning two completely evolved. Another criterion would be offering 30KP instants instead of the nerfed 20KP instants or even wishing wells. The wells went from 10 diamonds, which wasn't worth owning to 25 diamonds which many thought worth having a diamond farm to not offering them at all. With the spire, I can see some logic behind this. But why the downsize of the KP if the idea is to make money? I would buy a bunch and use it on the KP and typically come away with 2,000 KP enough to level up a Simia from 31 to 32.

The price of KP at 45 diamonds each makes it out of reach for just about everyone. If the object is to make money, I would up the KP instant prize to 30 and lower the diamond price to somewhere on the curve which would maximize profits. I am sure many would buy KP at 10 diamonds each. At one diamond each, I would be buying 10,000 plus. Right now I spend nothing on KP.

Agvar

I've just finished my 100th task and opened my 100th chest, quite pleased with that, but worried that I may not be able to get the Ferris Wheel as I'm nearly out of resources. The event has been a big drain on them, and with 2 massive Relic collecting sessions to come this could be a problem.

Disappointed that I've so far missed out on the Dwarven and Elven Ships, but I have 2 Sorcerer, 2 Wood Elven and 3 Amuni Ships. I also have multiples of the Harbour Market and Main Docks (getting a 2nd Trading Dock soon too) - is it worth keeping these?

In addition I am also having trouble getting all the advertised bonuses for having the complete Air traders Set. It seems that despite it saying that the pieces only need to be connected to another building in the Set, one of which is connected to a road, the bonuses are only all active if the pieces are put together in the specific pattern indicated in the Set information picture. Does anyone else have this issue? I will have to wait until my next City Expansion to put them into the correct pattern if that is the case. Very frustrating - Inno ought to make things much clearer.

It would also be useful if Inno were more clear on what is actually required for some of the tasks. One asks for you to "Produce a good amount of Basic, Crafted, and/or Magical Goods of your choice". But, according to support, the highest amount of either Tier 1, 2 OR 3 counts, not ALL. I spent several Boosters before Support clarified this, and it would have been nice to have known about the nuances beforehand. They also did not offer any compensation. Has any one else been in contact with Inno about this?

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
It seems that despite it saying that the pieces only need to be connected to another building in the Set, one of which is connected to a road, the bonuses are only all active if the pieces are put together in the specific pattern indicated in the Set information picture.
Each piece has one or more bonuses available. Each bonus requires touching a unique different member of the set. If a buildings has three bonuses, then it must touch three different buildings from the same set to get all three bonuses. The Main dock has four bonuses available, so it must touch four unique (all different, not including another main dock) to get four bonuses.
1593178456676.png

Risen Malchiah

Disappointed that I've so far missed out on the Dwarven and Elven Ships, but I have 2 Sorcerer, 2 Wood Elven and 3 Amuni Ships. I also have multiples of the Harbour Market and Main Docks (getting a 2nd Trading Dock soon too) - is it worth keeping these?
The Dwarven ship is today I think & the Elven ship will come back in a few days. They're not part of the set, but if you want to collect them, it should be possible.

Having multiples of the set pieces should make it easier to get more link bonuses as Ashrem described. By having more set pieces, it opens up some other possible combinations for placing them.

Agvar

Thanks for the info, how long did it take to figure that out, it's not clear in any of the tooltips or the Wiki.

I think where I'm going wrong is having the Harbour Market and the Food Stand one squre to the left, and so they don't touch enough other buildings. Next time I get some free space I'll jiggle them around. I assume these rules apply to all Building Sets?

Risen Malchiah

Yeah, a lot Elvenar's past events gave set buildings, so we got used to the rearranging and shuffling to maximize link bonuses. Some of the past sets were really good.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
So tonight I'm planning to burn through 6500 crystals.

Anybody want to start a pool on how many 20KP instants I get?

Depends on which chests you get to open. How about one for every 300 crystals you spend? Make sure to keep track of how many extra crystals you win, so you can update the total spent. I put the over/under at 25.

Agvar

Just bumped into the Episodic Tasks (fingers drumming, waiting, waiting...). Luckily I encountered them in the May Celebrations so I know what to expect, and life will be a little less hectic in the coming week or so. BTW, I couldn't have got as far as I have without the two May Trees I got from the previous event, a godsend. Also, I've got my Dwarven Ship, now saving up for the Elven Ship to complete the collection.

Incidentally, I thought I saw a Dragon Ship in the introductory blurb, and there appears to be one in the splash screen. Anybody know what happened to it as it's not in the list of prizes? Was it in a previous Air Traders Voyage? Shame it isn't in this event it looks rather nice.

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
So I did around 6500 crystal

didn't keep complete notes but

i got 250 regular kp
20 x 20kp instants ( + plus a variety of others )
and 13 assorted Unit instants

never would have done that with the tree thing in last event
would have been way too much clicking

in fact on that subject
i think if they did the chests like last event ( blind picks ) that'd be ok
but do the big prizes like this event rather than the tree

Each piece has one or more bonuses available. Each bonus requires touching a unique different member of the set. If a buildings has three bonuses, then it must touch three different buildings from the same set to get all three bonuses. The Main dock has four bonuses available, so it must touch four unique (all different, not including another main dock) to get four bonuses.
View attachment 8069
My set is complete and has an identical placement to the main photo of the set (all information icons are lit). I am still not receiving the 4th bonus for the main dock. Does it have to finish its current collection cycle? Is there something I'm missing?

Deleted User - 3932582

My set is complete and has an identical placement to the main photo of the set (all information icons are lit). I am still not receiving the 4th bonus for the main dock. Does it have to finish its current collection cycle? Is there something I'm missing?
Your Food Stand is not touching the Main Dock.

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
Yes I won't open stuff up untill I am
Ch-3, but won't wait further. The bonuses are ok for 3, and dont get much better
till 6-7..

It occurred to me that I might know why another conversation confused you about the level of event buildings.

First, just to repeat so there is no confusion. When you get an event building, like the elven ship, the building is going to be at the chapter level of when you acquire it. No matter how long you have it in inventory.

However. There are items you can win that increase in value.
Any instants that give you a % of something. Such as coin instants, or supply. Well when you upgrade your Main Hall, the coin instant will now give you a % of your current max inventory. ie You win a 100% coin instant. Right now if you use it you will get the maximum of 100% of your maximum say 50,000. But if you hold onto that coin and later after upgrades your max coin inventory is 100, 000. then you get 100,000 even though you won the instant earlier. Now with coins and supplies that isn't generally such a big deal.
But there are similar items where it could make a difference. Such as the squad instants. The instant will give 5 squads of Heavy infantry? Well if your squad size right now is 50 units then you get 250 units. But if you have squad research coming up. And your squad size increases to 75 units. That same instant is now going to give you 375 units.
And also, and I have a feeling this might be what you saw talked about, there is the Portal Profit. If you get some of them right now they are useless to you. But hang on to them. Because when you reach the guest race chapters you will find them quite handy. They operate much like coin and supply instants. But they give you a % of the special guest race goods you will be manufacturing.
Just trust me. Hang onto them.

OK
I think you should be sufficiently confused now.