• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

The Air Traders Voyage Event Discussion

Vysanthea

Just want to vent... (caveat, I am enjoying this event) It is so frustrating when I get a prize I don't need. Especially when I wait to gain 160 crystals and get the item that is one of the lowest percentage.

So, for example, at least twice now I have gotten a portal profit. I am sure that would be great if I were that far in the game to need it. (Part of my frustration comes from the fact that it keeps happening to me in the Spire, as well.) The highest percentage prize was KP, which I need badly. It's the reason I held out for so long. Ugh.

I'm sure the algorithm is set up like rolling the dice... you never know what you are going to get. And I am thankful for the awesome prizes I have gotten thus far. Just need to let out a little steam.

Happy playing!!

Vysanthea

New comment for the developers... not sure where this comment should go. I am at a point (again) when I need to develop a "good amount of marble, steel or planks" but as advised by the game and my fellowship, I only produce one of those... planks. I only have 5 and even at lvl 10 with a 400% boost, it will take me something like 9 hours to get 3000. I understand that a early ch. 4 player that producing basic good takes awhile and the event need to be somewhat challenging, but this is really frustrating. Just a note. Still enjoying the event.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
New comment for the developers... not sure where this comment should go. I am at a point (again) when I need to develop a "good amount of marble, steel or planks" but as advised by the game and my fellowship, I only produce one of those... planks. I only have 5 and even at lvl 10 with a 400% boost, it will take me something like 9 hours to get 3000. I understand that a early ch. 4 player that producing basic good takes awhile and the event need to be somewhat challenging, but this is really frustrating. Just a note. Still enjoying the event.
Nine hours is not unusual for a quest step in the large quests. Lots will take less, but at some point you will hit steps that take 24 or 48 hours to complete. That's intended.

Pheryll

Set Designer
So, for example, at least twice now I have gotten a portal profit. I am sure that would be great if I were that far in the game to need it. (Part of my frustration comes from the fact that it keeps happening to me in the Spire, as well.) The highest percentage prize was KP, which I need badly. It's the reason I held out for so long. Ugh.

If you are going for KP, you would do better with the red or the gold chests.

Vysanthea

If you are going for KP, you would do better with the red or the gold chests.
So to be clear I was trying for the, (I think) 20 KP with the, (I guess red) chest that needed 160 crystals. Currently it isn't one of my options, so I can't say for sure. Currently, if I choose the "red chest" it costs 84 jewels and offers...
Annotation 2020-06-18 003852.png
. Just before my original post the KP was at the bottom, like this image. And the portal profit was one of the other options.

Pheryll

Set Designer
Just before my original post the KP was at the bottom, like this image. And the portal profit was one of the other options.
If Portal Profit is a priority then, the purple (160 cost) chest is the only one that offers that. If you did not want portal profit then the red chest would do much better at netting you KP.

Vysanthea

If Portal Profit is a priority then, the purple (160 cost) chest is the only one that offers that. If you did not want portal profit then the red chest would do much better at netting you KP.
At this point I purposefully avoid the chests with portal profit. I can't use it right now. My original post was just to vent. I often get the portal profit even if it is not a high percentage reward. Thank you for your reply.

Happy playing.

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
I only have 5 and even at lvl 10 with a 400% boost, it will take me something like 9 hours to get 3000.

Just so you know
The tasks requirements increase as you advance
So it is always roughly the same effort for everyone

At this point I purposefully avoid the chests with portal profit.

It doesn't hurt to builod up a collection of them for when they do become useful

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
I'd like to throw a Shout-out to @Henroo
Reaching out this afternoon and a interest in trying to
help me. Thanks alot for the msgs and the help...

He allowed me to try a FS, just to see what it look'd like.
He a good egg, but I think I need to learn more around
here before joining a FS fulltime.

@Ashrem , really..... thats good to know....lol
@Darielle , ahhh ok... ohhh, research, hehehe.
BrinD
As I said, you can always have your own fellowship of just you, and then just shut it down and join a regular one later. That would avoid the problems with these types of quests. Good luck.

Darielle

Just want to vent... (caveat, I am enjoying this event) It is so frustrating when I get a prize I don't need. Especially when I wait to gain 160 crystals and get the item that is one of the lowest percentage.

I'm sure the algorithm is set up like rolling the dice... you never know what you are going to get. And I am thankful for the awesome prizes I have gotten thus far. Just need to let out a little steam.

Happy playing!!
Don't do what I once did and disenchant them to make things in the MA. Believe me, you will need them sooner than you think you will, and you'll be thanking your lucky stars that you got so many in the early days. I was literally swimming in them during Chapters 2 and 3, so I figured, "Boy, I get them so fast, I may as well disenchant some to craft some unicorns in the MA." But PPs, for some reason, kept getting harder and harder to find, just when I started to need them. Even the spire only gives a few per week. I once had a hundred. Now I have 20, and I am still kicking myself for that mistake. Look at them as a treasure box that you can only unlock later. I use every combining catalyst I have now to craft them in the MA, and since they are so expensive (10 combining catalysts for a 20 percent PP), I keep longing for my old ones.

Darielle

There's no rush. Count the number of days you have left in the event (I think 18), and then divide it by the number of quests you still have left to do. Make allowances for easy/hard quests. That will show you that you're doing fine. Nine hours is not bad at all. Wait till you get the scouting province that takes 24 hours (or as an alternate, getting vision vapor when you don't have combining catalysts left!) and you won't be worried about the 9 hour ones.

Darielle

At this point I purposefully avoid the chests with portal profit. I can't use it right now. My original post was just to vent. I often get the portal profit even if it is not a high percentage reward. Thank you for your reply.

Happy playing.
If I knew then what I know now, I'd be going for them. Just sayin'

Darielle

It is. Just one of my quests (in chapter 16) asked for 140K of T1. I am pretty sure that chapter 4 cities are not asked for such amounts.
Definitely not. I'm in Chapter 8 and the most I have been asked for is 33000, with nearly half the quests done so far.

BrinDarby

Throws Tablet against wall ..... ( note to devs )
The point of a Event is to actually be able to do stuff...
not 1 click come back in 12-24 hrs .....

Why, for the love of god, is there a penalty of a daily exclusive,
simply because a player relentlessly once a day gives all.....
yes ALL thier neighbors help......

Now I cant continue, and thats a 24hr stopper, and even if I was
in a FS, I wouldda also given them daily help all @ same time.
That directly ruins any chance of a daily exclusive.

now for more than 2 days, I haven't even came close to getting
a 160 chest pull... no, its wait 9 hrs, set up to play, do 1 thing
then be stuck again for eternity ....

Where are the produce drinks for 3-4 hrs, but to penalize
your players for helping others already, is STUPID.....
Let ppl complete 3-4 things in a resonable time before
being stuck again.
BrinD

Deleted User - 4646370

now for more than 2 days, I haven't even came close to getting
a 160 chest pull... no, its wait 9 hrs, set up to play, do 1 thing
then be stuck again for eternity ....

Where are the produce drinks for 3-4 hrs, but to penalize
your players for helping others already, is STUPID.....
Let ppl complete 3-4 things in a resonable time before
being stuck again.
BrinD
Elvenar more rewards a regular quite small daily investment for long periods (up to several years) more than being connected all over the day. That's why factories have 3hr and 9hr productions instead of 5mn ones. It's a patience game.

shimmerfly

@BrinDarby
You will do better as you advance in the game but that doesn't mean it gets super easy.
There are some events that ask you to scout a province. Right now if I need to scout a new province it takes over 54 hours.
Do what you can and try not to get too disappointed as you learn the game and definately start a FS just for yourself for now so you can get the relics and enchantments you need from playing in the tourneys. Your being hard on yourself! :)
To start your own FS click on the blue and gold sheild under your name. Click "found" and follow directions. I don't remember hwat it tells you to do but it's easy and free. You will need a FS at some point though.

Last edited:

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
even if I was
in a FS, I wouldda also given them daily help all @ same time.
That directly ruins any chance of a daily exclusive.
You could look for a FS that has open enrollment, join it, help them all, then leave.

It's one of hte reasons that I help about half my choices in the evening and the other half in the morning. I never have to wait a day to help a bunch of people.