• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

The Air Traders Voyage Event Discussion

Vysanthea

Don't do what I once did and disenchant them to make things in the MA. Believe me, you will need them sooner than you think you will, and you'll be thanking your lucky stars that you got so many in the early days. I was literally swimming in them during Chapters 2 and 3, so I figured, "Boy, I get them so fast, I may as well disenchant some to craft some unicorns in the MA." But PPs, for some reason, kept getting harder and harder to find, just when I started to need them. Even the spire only gives a few per week. I once had a hundred. Now I have 20, and I am still kicking myself for that mistake. Look at them as a treasure box that you can only unlock later. I use every combining catalyst I have now to craft them in the MA, and since they are so expensive (10 combining catalysts for a 20 percent PP), I keep longing for my old ones.
Good advice. I have been holding on to them. But I'll make sure not to disenchant them. :)

Happy playing.

Vysanthea

Wait till you get the scouting province that takes 24 hours (or as an alternate, getting vision vapor when you don't have combining catalysts left!) and you won't be worried about the 9 hour ones.
I noticed it's taking longer and longer to scout. I am so glad I haven't reached the point when it takes 24 hours to scout! I think when I got that task it took 2.5 hours or 3 hours to scout the province I chose.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I noticed it's taking longer and longer to scout. I am so glad I haven't reached the point when it takes 24 hours to scout! I think when I got that task it took 2.5 hours or 3 hours to scout the province I chose.

Yes, scouting times continue to increase, though the first research of each chapter will reduce the time and cost some, and then it starts climbing again with each scout. If you only scout the number of provinces you need to unlock each chapter, but the time you get to chapter 16, your scouting time will be somewhere around 65 hours.

Vysanthea

Yes, scouting times continue to increase, though the first research of each chapter will reduce the time and cost some, and then it starts climbing again with each scout. If you only scout the number of provinces you need to unlock each chapter, but the time you get to chapter 16, your scouting time will be somewhere around 65 hours.
Wow! That's crazy.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
That's a choice. I've scouted over 50 provinces more than I need to do chapter 16 and my scouts just hit 60 hours.

I am so far past that point that I forget the number of provinces needed to open the chapter is not the same number needed for the current final expansion from scouting. 440 versus 500 is a bit of a difference. I have 570 completed provinces, 9 more scouted, and one scouting right now, for 580, and #581 will take me about 88 hours to scout.

BrinDarby

IF it means on the Chests map, it takes more pulls to reach a target... so be it,
but part of the fun in playing something is actually playing.... not watching
the screen but doing nothing. I really don't see the point of both , a 160 chest
and a daily exclusive... where its designed to take you 3 days to get 160 crystals.

The more the game frustrates me daily, the more I never wanna pay into it,
and the more I just wanna quit... so if thats by design by the dev team, kudos.

You see again this is where an alliance gets to cheat everyone else....
The person who gets to a task 1st, posts that in the FS page or chat....
Then every other member of that FS, has a list, of EVERY task in order
to navigate them once they get to them. I bet if someone posted on
Forum, each task in order... Staff would shut that down asap..... but
thats the only way to even things for the non FS players.

I took the Forums advise and made my own FS, but with 1 member...
that wasn't gonna help here, so I stopped that, now I have to wait
to join another 1....

I guess I'll be leaving Elvenar soon then cause I can't log a game 5 times
a day, for 2-3 hrs each or longer, and spend 90% of my time doing
--Nothing-- but watching the paint dry..... especially when I can only
ever chat with 25 ppl, and it seems I can't trade with the whole server,
even if I do pay that pesky fee.....
BrinD

When I play chess its 2.5 hrs, not 2.5 years playing thru snail-mail.

Sandstorm173

Then every other member of that FS, has a list, of EVERY task in order
to navigate them once they get to them.
There is a list of quests on elvengems, so non fellowship members can know what the quests are and prepare for them.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
I took the Forums advise and made my own FS, but with 1 member...
that wasn't gonna help here, so I stopped that, now I have to wait
to join another 1....

I guess I'll be leaving Elvenar soon then cause I can't log a game 5 times
a day, for 2-3 hrs each or longer, and spend 90% of my time doing
--Nothing-- but watching the paint dry..... especially when I can only
ever chat with 25 ppl, and it seems I can't trade with the whole server,
even if I do pay that pesky fee.....
BrinD

When I play chess its 2.5 hrs, not 2.5 years playing thru snail-mail.

A fellowship of one would have helped with what you had asked in your original post ... how to get another magical item without waiting for a low level MA to produce it. You didn't want to join a fellowship; you said that you tried one and didn't like it; you were down on just about every other suggestion the forum participants made, so it seemed a logical choice. You would very likely have gotten at least one magical item by doing the tourney in a fellowship of one. If that advice didn't meet your expectations either, then perhaps your expectations should be a bit clearer. It sounds like you are simply unhappy with most advice, no matter how good. It isn't the game's fault or the forum members' faults either.

I don't play this game and watch paint dry. I log in, collect resources, help other members, play in the spire or tourney, set up magic items, look through trader, arrange my city, set up my barracks with troops, check for event quests, etc, etc and then I leave. I don't sit around waiting. It's an easy game to play for 15-20 minutes at a time, and then come back later to do more You can build up quite a nice city like that. If you don't want to be on several times a day, you can set your items to 9 or 12 hour. But if that's your choice, then there are always pros and cons with every choice, and trying to change the game to suit your play style and have no cons whatsoever really won't work. The game suits many of us quite well, and Inno does a good job on it, overall.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
Absolutely not. There's no need when the tasks are first run on the beta server starting around 2 weeks before they are launched live.
This is From the Platinum Leaf Facebook group and posted in the Beta Spoilers thread in this forum(I don't do facebook, but I can see it just fine):
This is a Google Sheets spreadsheet also posted in the Beta Spoilers thread in this forum:
Thank you to Beta Platinum Leaf Facebook and iDavis for information I acquired for my quest list below,

undefined
eh, that link to the spreadsheet is not coming out right from the quote function and I don't have time to mess with it. The link to that sheet is:
https://tinyurl.com/airtradev
And Gems of Knowledge has the quest list at:
https://elvengems.com/air-traders-voyage/quests/

I know I've heard some folks say they aren't going to go to 'third party sites' for any info on the game. That's their perrogative, but the information is available, has been for the entire time I've played this game.

But you may be correct. This game is not a sprint, it's a marathon. So if demanding immediate gratification is your thing, this may not be the best game format for you.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
There is a list of quests on elvengems, so non fellowship members can know what the quests are and prepare for them.
So true, Sandstorm, and there's no way that Inno would ever "shut that down," as Brin put it. I just think he doesn't want to do any research, since he laughed at me earlier for suggesting a little research. If he would invest a few minutes in learning the game instead of assuming Inno wants to shut down any helpful things, then he'd be a lot happier here.

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
Throws Tablet against wall ..... ( note to devs )
The point of a Event is to

Well, I think that actually the devs decide the point of an event

and even if I was
in a FS, I wouldda also given them daily help all @ same time.
That directly ruins any chance of a daily exclusive.

Not sure what you are saying here
but
there are a lot of fs' out there that don't expect anything from you
i have a small city that i have been playing just once a day
i put it in an fs just so i would have more people to visit, possibly more trade partners, and for tourny
i think there are 14 people in the fs and only about 5 of us make visits
so if you want an fs that doesn't require visits they are out there

I noticed it's taking longer and longer to scout. I am so glad I haven't reached the point when it takes 24 hours to scout! I

Ah the good old days when a scout only took 1 day instead of 3 1/4

BrinDarby

I'll shut up, you're right there is a list on elvengems, and to me
thats just cheating, but yes I would be 20 items further @least
by now.
As for a FS, I tried both suggestions the forum gave me, but there's
a limit on switching FSs that I didn't know of. I cannot join now for
2 days, even if I wanted to.....

I have ask'd other questions on the forum that are still unanswered.
Thanks to all , odds are I won't stay here long....

There is no Econ here I can see, nor a robust social aspect....
Before you call me out on this, I CANNOT see all trade offers,
fee or no fee... ALL.... & There is no global chat.
BrinD

( thanks to everyone who tried to help )

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
It is. Just one of my quests (in chapter 16) asked for 140K of T1. I am pretty sure that chapter 4 cities are not asked for such amounts.

I just got that one earlier today and that was for all three tiers combined. You did not have to collect just one tier of goods to complete it. But it was still a lot, even with all my event buildings to help out.

Oh, and I just got quest 96 today too, and Live still does not have the second option added to it yet.

Deleted User - 3932582

I just got that one earlier today and that was for all three tiers combined. You did not have to collect just one tier of goods to complete it. But it was still a lot, even with all my event buildings to help out.
I think you're right, I was writing by memory and I did remember the number, but it was probably combined tiers indeed.

shimmerfly

I have ask'd other questions on the forum that are still unanswered.
Thanks to all , odds are I won't stay here long....
What questions went unanswered? A lot of people have tried to help so please ask again if we missed any.
It takes some patience and strategy to play this game and is more of an adult game than the faster paced ones.
You appear to be willing to learn but don't like the answers?
I hope you can relax and enjoy it.

Risen Malchiah

As for a FS, I tried both suggestions the forum gave me, but there's
a limit on switching FSs that I didn't know of. I cannot join now for
2 days, even if I wanted to.....

There is no Econ here I can see, nor a robust social aspect....
Before you call me out on this, I CANNOT see all trade offers,
fee or no fee... ALL.... & There is no global chat.
Don't give up. I seem to remember you from Platinum Leaf, so you've played a while. If I knew how frustrated you were, I would have tried to talk to you sooner.

I can't stress enough how important it is to be in a fellowship. I understand the desire the play solo, but there is so much in the game that is just too difficult to do alone. That vast majority of my trades are all with fellowship members. If I had to rely on just my neighbors, I'd be stuck a lot. Having access to the tournament each week (which is not PvP despite how it sounds) is vital for access to relics, KP and spells and makes completing quests infinitely easier. I know you tried a fellowship before and didn't like it, but I had similar issues early on. It took me a few fellowships until I found one that was just right for me (in terms of activity & fellowship culture with no drama). Now, I couldn't be happier with my fellowship. :)

But yeah, as you discovered, you can only join a fellowship once per day (to limit guild-hopping). Just wait 24 hrs from when you last joined (or formed) a fellowship and it will let you join another. You can also check out any prospective fellowship on elvenstats.com to see how balanced their goods are and if their activity level suits your playstyle.

I'm sorry if I didn't address any other questions you had. I may have missed some posts.