• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

The Benefits of Maximizing Culture Bonus

Gkyr

Chef
2 minutes ago
KK. Thanks @LisaMV . I'm in Ch. 12, Elementals. I don t have WR or CL AWs because I am a fighter and I have been trying to minimize my AW labilities during Tourney and Spire. My AWs are all military boosts except for GA, MH and PT. You could convince me to place WR and CL if there seemed to be an advantage to offset the increased cost of fighting.

Last edited:

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
You could convince me to place WR and CL if there seemed to be an advantage to offset the increased cost of fighting.
One of the biggest factors in culture is how you get your pop. If you use hybrid Pop/culture buildings you will eventually outgrow the need for any pure culture buildings and the CL/WR become virtually useless. Certainly not worth the spire/tournament deficit if you care about those.
I've had 170% culture bonus (plus EEs when I use them) for years without either wonder.

Dew Spinner

Tuesday at 2:42 AM
Would like to know some of the tricks of your EE game...

Thursday at 8:03 PM
Hi Gk!
yeah, sorry - I am under about 5 deadlines right now, trying to get it all done today/tomorrow...
Thanks for writing! I will get back to you, now the we have this conversation started.

Tell me what chapter you are in, so I get some idea. And your Watchtower Ruins/Crystal Lighthouse levels...
I am glad for your post - so many people discount it, but the whole culture boost (though rather hidden by Inno) is an extraordinary bonus!

we will talk, soon!
lisa

✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨

2 minutes ago
KK. Thanks @LisaMV . I'm in Ch. 12, Elementals. I don t have WR or CL AWs because I am a fighter and I have been trying to minimize my AW labilities during Tourney and Spire. My AWs are all military boosts except for GA, MH and PT. You could convince me to place WR and CL if there seemed to be an advantage to offset the increased cost of fighting.
This might be a topic of general interest to the forum members, so I am going to move our correspondence into a thread.
You can reply in the thread if you agree or continue msging if you want.
@CrazyWizard has the best culture approach I have seen, I do not recall his exact numbers, maybe he could repost them here.

Gkyr

Chef
One of the biggest factors in culture is how you get your pop. If you use hybrid Pop/culture buildings you will eventually outgrow the need for any pure culture buildings and the CL/WR become virtually useless. Certainly not worth the spire/tournament deficit if you care about those.
I've had 170% culture bonus (plus EEs when I use them) for years without either wonder.
Well, thanks for that, SS. That is useful for me to know at this point because I have gone down that path. And, most germane, I am considering replacing a bunch of my Unexpected Mornings with Calligraphy Classes to be won during this current event for their smaller footprint, but which will cost me greatly in culture.
But also, this thread would benefit by hearing from those who have developed a CL/WR strategy, and I would like to hear from them, as well.

Dew Spinner

Crazywizard has all level 30+ wonders so he may be on an entirely different level than most players.
E.g. His Watchtower Ruins gives over 460,000 culture :oops:
His formula was doing at least 28 provinces so you got X amount of NH spells and Supply spells and then using a cetain prescribed amount of those 2 spells in conjunction with each other every day. I remember that you would need to do 28 provinces in tourney to get the required amount of spells but I don't remember the amount of each spell in conjunction with each other you would need. Anyways that formula would allow you to have a wicked culture bonus all the time. I don't remember him saying anything about also needing a Watchtower at level 30, so I am not sure if the formula was specific to that or just a general formula any player could use.

Last edited: