• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

The Buried City

Iyapo1

I like this style event. But this style of event is just as luck based as all the others.

A bunch of high % Daily Chests in your path forward = good RNG
A bunch of tools in your selected path forward = good RNG
A bunch of Grand Prize steps in your selected path forward = good RNG

Like any other event RNG matters.

The Unbeliever

I like this style event. But this style of event is just as luck based as all the others.

A bunch of high % Daily Chests in your path forward = good RNG
A bunch of tools in your selected path forward = good RNG
A bunch of Grand Prize steps in your selected path forward = good RNG

Like any other event RNG matters.
RNG matters far less in this event, since the player is entirely in control of advancing the screen, vs. hoping and praying you get a string of good rolls on which chests come up every rotation...
Being hyper efficient in simply advancing the screen constantly to the right, while highlighting as many tiles as possible, (ie: NOT clearing them per say, but just highlighting if/what is potentially under as many tiles as possible), can greatly help to counter those screen that'll have slightly lower RNG rolls.

My dad hates this event, so I do his forest/tomb digging.
Between all 7 of our cities, (before any possible prize top ups with diamonds), we're never more than 10-12 pts apart on the grand prize counter in this style of event. On the other hand, despite both of us *always* playing for the most optimal chests, we've been as far as 2+ entire grand prizes apart in the other events, simply because of how swingy the stupid RNG is!

IMHO;
'Digging' style event = 95% skill vs. 5% RNG luck
3 Rotating Chests style event = 1000% RNG :p

Iyapo1

RNG matters far less in this event, since the player is entirely in control of advancing the screen, vs. hoping and praying you get a string of good rolls on which chests come up every rotation...
Every tool is an RNG role. I use a tool to advance towards the right hoping and praying each role that a good thing gets uncovered...with every tool...and most tools are duds! I still like the Event.

BrinDarby

@helya ,
please roll into the main discussion thread.
GR11_AW2_Runeshard.png

Agvar

Something that really struck me as off though was the animation, it looks like you're ripping the heads off the poor donkeys.

Surely someone in Inno noticed this and considered it wrong. Then again maybe not, after all they still support a slave trade in Orcs.

A while back we were jumping through hoops in an event for Inno's amusement, now they're making asses of us.

helya

Beloved Ex-Team Member
I've merged another thread into this one, so some replies may feel a bit out of place.

Fiona Selah

Hotel Buried City

On a dark desert highway, cool wind in my hair
Warm smell of donkeys, rising up through the air
Up ahead in the distance, I saw a shimmering light
My head grew heavy and my sight grew dim
I had to stop for the night

@helya stood in the doorway
I heard the mission bell
And I was thinking to myself
'This could be heaven or this could be hel-ya'
Then she lit up a candle and she showed me the way
There were voices down the corridor
I thought I heard them say

Welcome to the Hotel Buried City
Such a lovely place (such a lovely place)
Such a lovely face (no, not the donkey's face... although when it's this dark out....)
Plenty of room at the Hotel Buried City
Any time of year (any time of year) you can find it here

This game has got me all twisted, I got 100 more shards
I got a lot of pretty, pretty boys, I call Vallorian Guards
How they dance in the courtyard, sweet summer sweat
Some dance to remember, But I dance to forget

So I crawled through the desert
Using one shovel at a time
Wish I had some bottled wind
But it costs too much to buy
And still those voices are calling from far away (Yes. I hear voices, your point?)
Wake you up in the middle of the night
Just to hear them say"

Welcome to the Hotel Buried City
Such a lovely place (such a lovely place)
Such a lovely face
They're livin' it up at the Hotel Buried City
What a nice surprise (what a nice surprise), bring your vacuum vials

A mesa right in front of me
Rocks blocking the way
And she said, 'we are all just prisoners here, until the next FA'
And crawling through the desert
I saw buried treasure well camouflaged
I stab at it with my steely shovel
But it's all just a big mirage

Last thing I remember, I was
crawling for the door
I had to find the passage back to the place I was before
'Relax' said the night man
'We are programmed to receive
You can check out any time you like
But you can never leave!

(Thank you to The Eagles for letting me (as if they really knew) twist their song to please my twisted mind.)

Moho

Chef
I have been saving the provisions for the Orc Strategist Day and today I've been locked at the same Episodic Event Quest in all three cities. Here is the event currency situation: Arendyll - 4,618; Winyandor - 4633; and Ceravyn - 4740. I've been picking the provisions in the city outskirts with the same regularity in every city. Ceravyn, however, benefits from the presence of a well-fed Ashen Phoenix.

doc.jpg

Last edited:

Iyapo1

@Moho, good luck! I was saving for orc ships this event and I got several in each city without spending all my currency. I am currently very happy! Dailies and a grand prize that give orcs!

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
@Moho, good luck! I was saving for orc ships this event and I got several in each city without spending all my currency. I am currently very happy! Dailies and a grand prize that give orcs!
I was saving for the orc ships too. After using millions of them in Chapter 16 I knew I needed to rebuild my stash. I calculated the amount per square and they beat even orc nests. I blew all my event cash on them but managed to score six of them. I'm a happy camper.