• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

The Buried City

zookie46

Mostly want this event building for the Orcs. But the Amuni Bar is very beneficial for me as well. :)

The Amuni Bar on day 1 and day 12 looks like a very good building for players who want/need tier 1 sentient goods. It is the same size as Active Crevice. But Amuni Bar straight up outproduces Active Crevice. And Amuni Bar gives both population and culture, while Active Crevice gives culture only.

Lemon Wren

Event themes are always reused as well as event mechanics. We've seen a Sorcerer's "something" every year, Phoenix "something" event every year, Misty Forest etc, and these event themes always reuse the same mechanics. We get the shuffle for Christmas, this sand version for this and the misty forest halloween event event, The sorcerer event's always has the wizard walking across the plains. Then there is the constellation and chests Fall event. You will get used to the variations, not all speak to every player but they do help keep your events from feeling like a rinse and repeat.

This game mechanic can become less tedious by watching the videos, feeling more successful at this style of event can make you less frustrated and enjoy it more. I recommend a few videos on my quest list, iDavis and Soggy have done a great job showing and explaining. If there are other video links you want to send me by inbox, i will add them to the quest list for others to be helped.

I watched the video and understand the mechanics, I simply dislike it. Mostly because of the extra step of saving event currency for the best ROI, and then buying the tools to dig. Too much process for my taste, especially when it's harder now to complete an event building than when I first started playing and I find the building aesthetics lackluster.

PS. I suppose I should be grateful I don't like the look of the buildings considering I dislike the dig mechanic. Will make it easier to simply play as I go and not sweat the event, lol.

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
I read from an ealier even they don't have staff
It's a good deal more complex than you know. This weekend a Gems fan 'pinged' my personal cell phone, by using the Facebook Message system to attempt to contact us in regards to event information. So, choice one, cut off one whole arm of my family or, two, remove myself as a Moderator on the Facebook pages. Can you imagine, then, owning a website that has a Facebook page?

Lemon Wren

This weekend a Gems fan 'pinged' my personal cell phone, by using the Facebook Message system to attempt to contact us in regards to event information.

shocked bunny.jpg

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
Thanks @Lemon Wren, everyone.
It's Facebook that is to blame, they continually change how their groups function, and take away our ability to change settings. I thought I had changed my personal settings for Gems Messenger after a fan in Europe woke me in the night, last fall. SMH!! I am hardly going to want to engage more with FB after that. :rolleyes:

Sprite1313

Has anyone else had a problem with the email gift? I went to my email the minute the event started this morning, and the link to get the gift just sends me to the game, but doesn't actually give me anything. My AM on Thornwood had the same thing happen. :(
That happens to me every event

Sprite1313

Another unfinishable event unless you spend hard-earned diamonds. Doesn't help that Elven Gems seems to have bit the dust forever.... And, it was bad enough I only received 100 of whatever came in my email at the start of the event, not ever getting anything for the other account. Now nothing showed in my mailbox for even the one. Did anyone get 100 donkeys in their email to start this?
Game's beginning to get somewhat dull.
My chapter 3 city on Beta got a fully evolved building without spending any diamonds; and there is no stash outpost on beta.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
Amuni Ships are one of the best seeds producing buildings in the game, so if you need extra seeds, that's what you need. Human ships are very good mana producers and Amuni bar is good for tier 1 sentient (as Henroo wrote). Some good buildings in this event.
Good luck to everyone digging, that's the hard part!
Actually, the Festival Merchant beats the Amuni Ships in my chapter (16) but only slightly. The Amuni Ship gives 5100 seeds in 24 hours, in a building that takes up 20 squares. That means that you get, per square, approximately 10.2 seeds per hour. The Festival Merchant, on the other hand, gives 128 seeds per hour in a building that has only 12 squares. If you count it per square, that's 10.6 seeds per hour.

I know bigger buildings can look like a better deal, but nothing beats a Festival Merchant that I've found yet. I certainly hope one will come along one day.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Actually, the Festival Merchant beats the Amuni Ships in my chapter (16) but only slightly. The Amuni Ship gives 5100 seeds in 24 hours, in a building that takes up 20 squares. That means that you get, per square, approximately 10.2 seeds per hour. The Festival Merchant, on the other hand, gives 128 seeds per hour in a building that has only 12 squares. If you count it per square, that's 10.6 seeds per hour.

I know bigger buildings can look like a better deal, but nothing beats a Festival Merchant that I've found yet. I certainly hope one will come along one day.

It is good for visual variety in your city when you have multiple buildings that give basically the same output. This is why I put out some Orc Ships in place of Orc Nests. Two Ships equal three Nests for per hour/per square production of orcs, but it gives my city some variety. As for the Amuni and Festival, make sure they match up, because I am sure they are not a 1-for-1 swap either. It is probably 3 Amuni for 5 Festival, since that is the exact same 60 squares of coverage.

I think that -- same as in the previous event -- the 'event currency' (aka donkeys) are too small. We asked for them to be bigger then and the request was honored. Perhaps in this event and going forward the principle of "default currency is too small" could be changed so that it is easier to find.

Darielle

It is good for visual variety in your city when you have multiple buildings that give basically the same output. This is why I put out some Orc Ships in place of Orc Nests. Two Ships equal three Nests for per hour/per square production of orcs, but it gives my city some variety. As for the Amuni and Festival, make sure they match up, because I am sure they are not a 1-for-1 swap either. It is probably 3 Amuni for 5 Festival, since that is the exact same 60 squares of coverage.
True ... 3 amuni would give 15,300 seeds in 24 hours. Five Festival Merchants would give 15,400 in 24 hours, but that's only if you could be there exactly at the 12 hour mark to collect. If not, then the amuni might be a better choice.

Darielle

I think that -- same as in the previous event -- the 'event currency' (aka donkeys) are too small. We asked for them to be bigger then and the request was honored. Perhaps in this event and going forward the principle of "default currency is too small" could be changed so that it is easier to find.
I always have hated the fact that the currency is so hard to see. I sometimes wonder if they do that on purpose, so that people miss some.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
Has anyone else had a problem with the email gift? I went to my email the minute the event started this morning, and the link to get the gift just sends me to the game, but doesn't actually give me anything. My AM on Thornwood had the same thing happen. :(
It looks like the email gift works a little different this time. Normally it is 100 free currency. But if I am reading the email right then this time it gives you digging tools for free instead of currency. I can't be sure because I have not cashed mine in yet. I normally wait to see which of my 3 cities needs help the worst before using the email.