• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Discussion The Cauldron - Discussion Thread

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
starts @ 25, then 50,50,75 ..... it does go up..... hit the "+" 4 times
its not just gonna be 100, so it always starts @ 20 ??? per try ???
cauld02.png

Heymrdiedier

So... I'm better off with fewer techs unlocked because I've added fewer bad (for me) recipes?
Optional techs are bad again?
thats how i see it at the moment as well. I currently have 17 unlocked (out of 20 possible) and don't think i will ever go for more. Next beneficial one is at 22, so at least a year away :)

also its impossible to level too many of the buffs to max anyway.

Mykan

Oh Wise One
also its impossible to level too many of the buffs to max anyway.
Is there a max level? I read som we on beta were close to 100 but no one knew if that was even max. Only conclusion I saw was even if it isn't the cost to proceed is so prohibitive and exponentially higher.

Seemend like the choice was focus on 1 thing to 100 (if that is max) or focus on a few (2-4) things to a decent level. A lot probably depends on what an individual feels is decent and how many things they want to level.

Manufactory boosts from what I saw looked like a bit of a waste of time as they only boost base production. I got a supplies one yesterday (only level 1) but the extra 15K was barely noticed as part of 3.5mil collection. Other than combat is there a train of thought of what might be worth levelling? Which combat ones do people feel they would level?

Myne

Oh Wise One
If I brew a potion and someone else brews a potion using the exact same ingredients, would the resulting potions be exactly the same?
If so, we need a recipe book now.
If not, who let the shenanigan elves into the magic academy?
And what a horrible way that would be for us to find maximum benefit recipes..stumbing about in the dark. jmho

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
Is there a max level?
According to the Wiki in the Studying chapter of the Cauldron page:
"All Effects have 100 improvement levels!"
As far as which combat potions to level for me: I raised Merc Strength* to 10 and Barrack Strength to 4. If I hadn't skipped the techs for the AWs at the end of Ch16, I'd have Merc Strength and Merc Health and be working on those 2 instead. My combat style means I use Training Grounds troops less than the other 2 training bldg troops. Barracks troops seem more sturdy than Merc troops. Maybe I'll just complete those techs this week and switch to Merc Health next week.
*I used the same term as I see in-game: strength. I *think* this means a boost to attack. Not like I can see much difference at 4%, lol!

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
using the exact same ingredients
My understanding is: only if they added the ingredients in the exact same order you did? Apparently the order in which you add ingredients matters? From the Wiki in the 'Brew Potion' section:
"Your Potion will have different effects depending on what Ingredients you choose and in which order!"
But, I'm not sure of anything, lol!

The Fairy

Scroll-Keeper, Buddy Fan Club Member
If I brew a potion and someone else brews a potion using the exact same ingredients, would the resulting potions be exactly the same?
If you have the same number of effects unlocked then I think the probabilities for getting the different effects will be the same. But it is probabilities so you may not get the same effects when you drink from your potion. And it varies which ingredients you can buy with witch points and which with diamonds... and I am not paying diamonds.

My understanding is: only if they added the ingredients in the exact same order you did? Apparently the order in which you add ingredients matters? From the Wiki in the 'Brew Potion' section:
"Your Potion will have different effects depending on what Ingredients you choose and in which order!"
From my experiments on beta I think the order of the ingredients only change the price for brewing the potion, I didn't see any change in the probabilities for getting the different effects if I changed the order.

YarL

Any volunteers? I assume it doesn't have to be one of the existing scroll keepers ;)
It might be best for there to be an iterative improvement process for a FAQ on this, and the developers (and forum community managers) really need to be part of the process on this particular topic.

I am most curious (and confused) about the level feature. I am really hoping it does not reset every week because I spent millions of witch points on getting one category to 80 (it is pretty much impossible to get to level 100 on the first turn) and everything else levels 20-40. But I a fly by the seat of my pants guy. I did get 5 successes. I am not positive how many were critical successes, maybe the ones with 16+ hours duration?

When do the results kick in?

Is there some interaction between potion results and levels?

Can I go back and review my results (for the potion)?

YarL

But, I'm not sure of anything, lol!
I think order matters.

I picked the first ingredient by which had the result I liked the most, overall. Then I tried all of the possibilities for the second ingredient, picking the one I liked most. I used diamonds to include all ingredients as possibilities. I did that process for all 25 ingredients. I spent around 165K spell fragments. That game me 5 goblets (2000+ tournament points last week), with 100% success and 50% critical success with each goblet. All 5 results were unique. I spent more of something, spell fragments or witch points, to enhance results; I am a bit unclear on this step. Some items had durations around 16 hours.

When do the results start, next week, after finishing the brewing of a new potion?

I converted 10M mana, 3M divine seeds, 3M unarium, and a bunch of other resources into witch points. I leveled 20 items to a minimum of level 20, one is at 80 (as an experiment). I had 20 diplomas but I was not able to level up one item (T9 goods production, I think).

Last edited:

defiantoneks

i was playing around a little and added ingredients… did i miss some capability to "reset" or start again? I know I can click and remove the last. perhaps i just need to fiddle around more.