• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Discussion The Cauldron - Discussion Thread

YarL

i was playing around a little and added ingredients… did i miss some capability to "reset" or start again? I know I can click and remove the last. perhaps i just need to fiddle around more.
Yes, you can reset ingredients. I did that many times. The icon is a clockwise circular arrow.

Alram

Flippers just flip
stuck on one that says "unlock technologies". I'm sure that sounded great for a Chapter 5 player, but i'm sitting here in Exiles waiting for a LOT of dark critters to crawl out of their wombs.
?
My cauldron quests are showing in the daily quest spot. My guest race quests are unaffected. Im on mobile only.

kctanzen

You can decline / pass on the cauldron quests if you don't want the spell fragments or diamonds and it reverts to the usual cycling quests after the 80 diamonds quest.

kctanzen

Caldron quest? What caldron quest?
When you unlock the Cauldron tech and click on your first active normal quest line box, the mini quest for the cauldron cycle starts up -- those are not repeatable. Some spell fragments, KP, combine catalyst, and 80 diamonds for the last one of the bunch. These replace the normal cycled quest line until completed or skipped

It asks you to do several things with the cauldron before you really know what you are doing == so you are already digging a hole for yourself in there as I did, but this doesn't look like something I'll be using much anyway :)

defiantoneks

You can decline / pass on the cauldron quests if you don't want the spell fragments or diamonds and it reverts to the usual cycling quests after the 80 diamonds quest.
yeah, but there's really no hurry. just wondering how long it will take me :)

Caldron quest? What caldron quest?
once you complete the research, you get some cauldron related quests. basically nudging you through using and learning it.

OIM20

After you brew, you can use any remaining witch points to upgrade the different effects. You can also buy more witch points if you want using different goods/coins/mana etc.
And I went to check for the little drop down arrow, which is there (hallelujah!), immediately realizing that Inno just gave us a coinsink to dump into during the FA to get those pesky sacks of coins badges. (And right now, it's giving me multiples each time I donate more. So I donate once and I get 1 point, twice and I get 2 more points [so I now have 3 points], etc.)

I suppose time will tell if the minimum donation amount resets on Sundays or if, like buying KP, it remains and keeps building.

So, tyvm, @free-spirit! :D

iamthouth

Tetris Master
Contrary to my previous post, and @The Fairy inspiring me to try different options, I managed to find a combination for 25 ingredients within the weekly allocation. 4 of the same, then 3 of the same, then 3 of the same, etc for all 8 non-diamond ingredients. Result below, 7383 Witch Points.

image_2023-01-11_162556953.png

Moho

Chef
No one should yell at the clouds over things they can easily ignore, such as the Cauldron.

Like everything else in Elvenar, the Cauldron looks like a relatively fun activity folks can enjoy for free. It gives dedicated players an additional incentive whose benefits are not negligible if you get the hang of it and invest what it takes but are not great enough to change your game to such an extent that people who ignore the Cauldron will never catch up with you.

Tuschunreal

I tried cauldron a couple times. My ingredients were not successful which is ok but...I could not find a way to change ingredients without closing out of the game and re-start. It just used the same ingredients again and used a second goblet. In all 3 goblets gone...

The Fairy

Scroll-Keeper, Buddy Fan Club Member
I tried cauldron a couple times. My ingredients were not successful which is ok but...I could not find a way to change ingredients without closing out of the game and re-start. It just used the same ingredients again and used a second goblet. In all 3 goblets gone...
As soon as you press brew you can't change the ingredients, and you are supposed to use all your goblets right after you have pressed the brew button, so I think it is working as it is supposed to?
So you should first press the brew button once you are ready to use any effects you might win, e.g. just before doing tourney/spire or collecting your factories depending on which effects you are hoping for.

Tuschunreal

I pressed brew. It says unfortunately your ingredients were not successful. Try other ingredients or something to that effect. i pressed brew again and it used a goblet with same ingredients and it came back to same message unfortunately your not successful. try other ingredients...So I have to use all my goblets on a set of ingredients that don't work...I don't think I like this feature of the game.

Tuschunreal

Oh yeah I forgot...I can't get anywhere in the game except chat and the little gear thingy so I could send support a request for help...

start over

Why do I keep getting popup messages about a thing I don't have and can't find in the game? It seems to be for players in chapter 5 and later and I am in chapter 2. Seems to me the game should know what chapter I am in and not bother me about things I cant get.

The Fairy

Scroll-Keeper, Buddy Fan Club Member
I pressed brew. It says unfortunately your ingredients were not successful. Try other ingredients or something to that effect. i pressed brew again and it used a goblet with same ingredients and it came back to same message unfortunately your not successful. try other ingredients...So I have to use all my goblets on a set of ingredients that don't work...I don't think I like this feature of the game.
If I drink multiple times from the same potion then I sometimes get an effect and sometimes I don't get any, so I think it works the same way as for me, you were just unlucky this week.