• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Discussion The Cauldron - Discussion Thread

Alram

Flippers just flip
Why do I keep getting popup messages about a thing I don't have and can't find in the game? It seems to be for players in chapter 5 and later and I am in chapter 2. Seems to me the game should know what chapter I am in and not bother me about things I cant get.
People might push through their chapter faster if they see what is waiting for them ahead.

StarLoad

People might push through their chapter faster if they see what is waiting for them ahead.
Doesn't that work for one against them for over scouting just to get a new feature, that may or may not be a benefit and two create increased expectations that from all I read here will not be met for a new chap 5 player?

Ed

Alram

Flippers just flip
Doesn't that work for one against them for over scouting just to get a new feature, that may or may not be a benefit and two create increased expectations that from all I read here will not be met for a new chap 5 player?

Ed
I do think advertising is designed to motivate people and sometimes people do end up disappointed with the product. I also think it's fun to see what's ahead in a game. I watch the new chapter release videos even though I'm not endgame and a lot of people are disappointed with some chapters.
*I have no idea how this relates to overscouting.

Tuschunreal

If I drink multiple times from the same potion then I sometimes get an effect and sometimes I don't get any, so I think it works the same way as for me, you were just unlucky this week.

If I drink multiple times from the same potion then I sometimes get an effect and sometimes I don't get any, so I think it works the same way as for me, you were just unlucky this week.
Support says it is working the way is was designed. We only get one recipe a week and you have to use all your goblets on the single recipe. I am not a fan. Wish it were like the Spire where you can change up your fighters if you loose a battle. Imagine, I set up a fight and it is a loss then I have to keep fighting until all my troops are gone with no change to change troops till next week and with no way to return to the rest of the game. I doubt I would bother with the spire if that were the case.

Tuschunreal

Good thing Spire not like the cauldron. If it was I would have to set up to fight and if I don't win then I would have to use same fight arrangement till out of fighters and can't get back to the rest of game until I do that. Only get to learn once a week? I don't think I am that slow. In any case...not a fan of cauldron so far.

StarLoad

*I have no idea how this relates to overscouting.
If a player starts to "push" more than the games thinks like doing 40 provinces when 25 are needed for chapter three and then keeps that up even though all are listed as very hard all with the intent to get to chap 5 sooner. That sounds like a recipe for disaster.

Ed

Mykan

Oh Wise One
We only get one recipe a week and you have to use all your goblets on the single recipe. I am not a fan.
You are basically making one recipe a week. You then use this recipe to fill multiple goblets, depending on how many you earnt. When you select your recipe it gives you the probability of certain effects as well as the probability of success. If I pick 1 ingredient for example I will have a very low chance of success, I think if you do max ingredients you get 100% but that requires diamonds. Without diamonds you can get around a 90% chance which is fairly decent, especially if you have multiple goblets.

It is very luck based:
  • Luck to get a successful craft
  • Luck to get a critical effect
  • Luck to get different bonuses for each goblet
  • Luck to get the bonus you want (in time the one you levelled)

A lot like the luck in the spire to get bonus chests or even a decent reward from a chest.

Last edited:

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
If a player starts to "push" more than the games thinks like doing 40 provinces when 25 are needed for chapter three and then keeps that up even though all are listed as very hard all with the intent to get to chap 5 sooner. That sounds like a recipe for disaster.

Ed

When all these changes came to Beta, I started a new city there to test it out. I got that city to the Spire tech in chapter 5 in a month, with no over scouting.

Moho

Chef
Support says it is working the way is was designed.
You are basically making one recipe a week.
I was wondering about that. I have tested the Cauldron in one of my cities. I used two ingredients to obtain a certain effect. The preparation was successful for only 2 out of 5 goblets, and only one of the two goblets contained the potion I had aimed for. The second potion was good too, but not exactly what I wanted.

What I had not understood and wanted to test was whether the preparation was a separate process from the actual drinking of the potion. It seems that they are one and the same process. Once you prepare and obtain a certain potion, it is considered that you have already ingurgitated it and the effect starts to apply. Now that I know this, I will use the Cauldron appropriately in my other two cities.

Myne

Oh Wise One

Ed
But they don't know that! *carrots dangling*

Tuschunreal

You are basically making one recipe a week. You then use this recipe to fill multiple goblets, depending on how many you earnt. When you select your recipe it gives you the probability of certain effects as well as the probability of success. If I pick 1 ingredient for example I will have a very low chance of success, I think if you do max ingredients you get 100% but that requires diamonds. Without diamonds you can get around a 90% chance which is fairly decent, especially if you have multiple goblets.

It is very luck based:
  • Luck to get a successful craft
  • Luck to get a critical effect
  • Luck to get different bonuses for each goblet
  • Luck to get the bonus you want (in time the one you levelled)

A lot like the luck in the spire to get bonus chests or even a decent reward from a chest.
Learning...thanks...the path I was on didn't let me take a break from filling the goblet. S It just made me use all my goblets till my goblets were gone. Maybe because my recipe didn't work.

Tuschunreal

I was wondering about that. I have tested the Cauldron in one of my cities. I used two ingredients to obtain a certain effect. The preparation was successful for only 2 out of 5 goblets, and only one of the two goblets contained the potion I had aimed for. The second potion was good too, but not exactly what I wanted.

What I had not understood and wanted to test was whether the preparation was a separate process from the actual drinking of the potion. It seems that they are one and the same process. Once you prepare and obtain a certain potion, it is considered that you have already ingurgitated it and the effect starts to apply. Now that I know this, I will use the Cauldron appropriately in my other two cities.
so how do you know what ingredients to use for what affect?