• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Discussion The Cauldron - Discussion Thread

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
we had one guy leave because he didnt like my name/attitude... he was a jesus freak, spouting verses in chat at times. One day someone said 'oh my god..' to which i naturally replied.. 'yes?' He was not laughing lol. And then he got huffy and puffy and left.

In the past couple of weeks, my fellowship has had two members quit because of the Cauldron. Not because it was hard or anything, but because they thought it was making the game more Satanic. lol

I am sorry, but this is a fantasy game, with fantasy races, and fantasy gods and religions, and has been so almost since the beginning.

Dew Spinner

Talk to some of your neighbors, rather just the folks in your Fellowship.

Just an observation, but if you guys have dozens of AWs sitting there half full, you need to take a serious look at using a Net0 approach.

In Net0 until somebody has accumulated enough Tokens to cover their 2/3rds of the level, announced AWs are LOANED the exact amount that will be recovered when the AW is upgraded, usually within 24 hours.

The magic of Net0 that the SAME Tokens can be loaned several times over, so the average cost of leveling our AWs is just a tad over 2/3rds of the listed cost. Furthermore, if you're paying attention, you can convert excess Runes, Perks, and raw KPs into AW Tokens, which are portable and storable.
Again you didn't read my comment, I can't go on to AWs that participate in the swap threads, that would mess that system up and the FS members that don't participate in the swap threads have their top chests taken for very little. If a FS member goes around to all the non swap thread participating FS members and places 5 or 10 KP on each top chest, I am limited in how much I can donated and not piss off other FS members by stealing their chests. I also can't do the swap buddy approach because I don't have an AW for my swap buddy to contribute to. I love the NetZero idea but it is much harder than you think to get FSs to adopt that because the high rank players don't want to give up monopolizing ALL the Top Chests, I have tried unsuccessfully in a few FSs to get them to go with the NetZero approach and the most common reply was...Veteran Players have earned the right to monopolize those Top Chests.
Then max out the GA and then teleport all those extra population buildings you dont need back into inventory? Might give you a good bit of extra room. Even if you build a few more efficent cult buildings if you need to make up for teleing hybrids, you should still come out on top with more room.
Im only on chap 9, maybe the focus changes later on in the game. But that was my thought when i designed my city. (still in progress)
I don't want to add any more AW levels to my tournament/spire penalty. I was planning on selling my 4 residences when the Cauldron showed up but now I think I should keep them to use the coins in the cauldron. the rest of my population boon comes from Evolve buildings and set building, not getting rid of those. My available culture is 487,000+ and I have no culture only or culture/pop only buildings, other than unicorns and flower cages that fill unusable space.

Last edited:

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
In the past couple of weeks, my fellowship has had two members quit because of the Cauldron. Not because it was hard or anything, but because they thought it was making the game more Satanic. lol

I am sorry, but this is a fantasy game, with fantasy races, and fantasy gods and religions, and has been so almost since the beginning.
wow.. yea.. i just dont understand some ppl...

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
Again you didn't read my comment, I can't go on to AWs that participate in the swap threads, that would mess that system up
Come to my server and use them on me then! Problem solved!
If you ever do get an aw you want to build, ill return it then. :D

I was planning on selling my 4 residences when the Cauldron showed up but now I think I should keep them to use the coins in the cauldron.
Since the cauldron came out right at the start of the fa on live servers, that was my first thought as well. I know its minimal, but i went for the coin boost since coin badges are a pain to get now. Figured every coin helps.

the rest of my population boon comes from Evolve buildings and set building, not getting rid of those. My available culture is 487,000+ and I have no culture only or culture/pop only buildings,
Honestly, i love the idea of being able to use all my evolving buildings in replace of my culture buildings. Just for the joy and visual of it. Iv never rly checked the actual numbers on doing that in my city tho.
When i start moving in the tech tree again, ill be starting woodelves and the need for mana; and the other goods that will come in the next chapters. Are/were you able to keep up with the production of those with just evolving buildings? Or did you make that change after you were done all that?

Dew Spinner

Come to my server and use them on me then! Problem solved!
If you ever do get an aw you want to build, ill return it then. :D

Since the cauldron came out right at the start of the fa on live servers, that was my first thought as well. I know its minimal, but i went for the coin boost since coin badges are a pain to get now. Figured every coin helps.

Honestly, i love the idea of being able to use all my evolving buildings in replace of my culture buildings. Just for the joy and visual of it. Iv never rly checked the actual numbers on doing that in my city tho.
When i start moving in the tech tree again, ill be starting woodelves and the need for mana; and the other goods that will come in the next chapters. Are/were you able to keep up with the production of those with just evolving buildings? Or did you make that change after you were done all that?
I was talking about using the coins from my residences to use in the studying phase of the Cauldron, I could care less about the FA. I am just using Mana in the study phase of the Cauldron right now. I put out a bunch of mana buildings on top of my sets and Evolves that produce mana. I put out 2 cryomana buildings that when combined reduce my decay to Zero and I put out a Mana Rune Building that increases my production from every Mana producing building by 70%. The Mana Rune building expires in 15 days but I have another one to put out after that and the Cryomana buildings last 60 days. I am currently producing 15 million Mana a week, I figure once the 2 Mana Rune buildings expire I will be so maxed out on how much it costs to buy Witch Points with Mana that I will be forced to move to another resouce for buying Witch Points.

StarLoad

Yes, but they have FS Member donations already on there, so unless I catch an AW that has just finished upgrading I am limited by how much I can donate without jumping another FS Member, I know...first world problems!
If you are on Arendyll or Elcy you can gladly dump the 10 kp on any of my wonders

Ed

StarLoad

Not I my case I am the AM in Arendyll and I dont participate in the wonder threads. On Elcy I am not active daily so that one is fine too

Ed

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
Then everyone would hate me for "poaching" chests from other FSs! LOL
I wouldnt lol Neither would my fs.
I wouldnt even consider that poaching to be honest. Im not sure 'poaching' is even a bad thing in many cases. I think of poaching more as someone throwing that 1kp in trying to grab a chest. But.. if a chest is open for 1 kp then that means NOONE else bothered getting it. So better someone benefit form it; and its one less kp i have to get. And if other ppl want the chest... its still really easy to get. 2+ kp and you knock em out.
But if youre donating 10kp a day.. you could be at 100+ kp on an aw fairly quickly. And that level of kp i simply do not consider poaching at all. - Either it was a fair exchange (like a kp chain thread) in watch i lose nothing. Or someone really really really wants a shard and just gave me free 100+kp in an attempt to get it. In which case, thats not poaching, thats just making me happy :D

But i digress.... heavily..

Dew Spinner

I wouldnt lol Neither would my fs.
I wouldnt even consider that poaching to be honest. Im not sure 'poaching' is even a bad thing in many cases. I think of poaching more as someone throwing that 1kp in trying to grab a chest. But.. if a chest is open for 1 kp then that means NOONE else bothered getting it. So better someone benefit form it; and its one less kp i have to get. And if other ppl want the chest... its still really easy to get. 2+ kp and you knock em out.
But if youre donating 10kp a day.. you could be at 100+ kp on an aw fairly quickly. And that level of kp i simply do not consider poaching at all. - Either it was a fair exchange (like a kp chain thread) in watch i lose nothing. Or someone really really really wants a shard and just gave me free 100+kp in an attempt to get it. In which case, thats not poaching, thats just making me happy :D

But i digress.... heavily..
Ok, Should I post a thread about who I should give my Free 10 KP a day to and anyone on Sinya arda could reply and get on the list? I would be up for that!

Edited to add...THIS WON'T WORK, LOL!

At one time I had 8 sets placed, but am down to 5, though I have 3 libs still in inventory.

I've reached the end of chapters since Amuni, so have an abundance of everything. But I do understand the feeling, at least to some extent. When I started those who had been there earlier had the buildings from the winter '16 event and I was envious of them at the time. It seemed like there was no way to catch up with them. Time passed and things changed. There were arguments from the start of the spire about the moonstone set being too powerful, especially with it being unlimited and producing too many scrolls. Inno could have... but that is just so much water under the bridge. And who knows what Inno will do next. Some will be good, some not so good, but hopefully that will be adjusted. Personally, I think their clampdown of only 1 moonstone set as being too limited since so many of us have so many. I know someone in the forum has 11 placed
I have 11. I absolutely love them. Over 5k frags/day! Nom nom

defiantoneks

Ok, Should I post a thread about who I should give my Free 10 KP a day to and anyone on Sinya arda could reply and get on the list? I would be up for that!

Edited to add...THIS WON'T WORK, LOL!
well, you could establish a pattern of donation. our FS has a thread that simply says "this is the member we're donating to today". so every person gets the benefit and it "should" be balanced. since it's "expected" (no we cant enforce who gives and who does not) then it balances out against trades or existing donations.

so if you were to say, "my free KP goes to the lowest person on day 1, next lowest on day 2, and so forth" everyone would know you're doing rounds to share with the entire FS. they wanna complain? tell them to do the same.

YarL

Anyone with 6+ moonsets can have ~1m SF
E.G. I didn't even play during the first 12 months after the spire came out, have 8 moonsets and 1.3m SF
I have 13 moonstone library sets. I was pretty lucky. One week I think I received 4 libraries in the Spire. Is that even possible? Yet I never exceeded 1.2M SF. I am someone who never focused exclusively on the two main paths in the game, combat or goods production. I am instead a magic path player, the third way. ;-)