• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Discussion The Cauldron - Discussion Thread

Moho

Chef
I've just done the Spire in one quick run. I fed the Fire Phoenix and the Twilight Phoenix, I planted the Dwarven Armorer and the three military boosters crafted in the MA and quickly went to the Cauldron to get the General's Mayhem effect. The Cauldron took only a minute and I obtained a 10% effect for three and a half hours. There are three hours left, which I won't use because I cater the Tournament (to save time of course).

c01.jpg

Yogi Dave

Give me something that consistently makes Pet Food,
That would be nice. Savory Bites produces a pet food every 45 hours, so every other day, but expires in 10 days which means you can only get 5 even if you collect them as soon as they are ready. Not really a consistent source. I think that is the only building that produces them outside of the MA.
I for one use the Magic Academy.
ditto. guess i dont feel it necessary to feed every pet every day either. not many are worth that sort of investment on a regular basis.
This sounds good, but if takes time to build up a stash of pet foods and you have to check the MA frequently to see the pet foods there and be sure crafting or need to pick up something from the column that produces pet food. (Isn't that the time instant one?) As @The Fairy and @SoggyShorts showed, it's the relics one. Thanks for the correction. While I dislike being wrong, I hate passing on wrong information.
I used to have around 220, but with the introduction of a few evolving building that I use at times, that has dwindled to 182. I could be a bit more judicious in their use, but I'll save that until I'm down to 50 or so.

Last edited:

Smooper

Is there a simple review of the cauldron here. I think it seems way to random for most people. I am not here to do advanced computations. I will continue to use the cauldron weekly but only the free part and without any idea what's going to happen until I find a simple guide. All I really need is use what ingredients how many times for best chance at X effect.

Smooper

i love everyone basically saying "hey that's hard, someone else do the work figuring it out for me."
Yeah, that's gaming though. If nobody does it for me, I just won't do it because it isn't in my wheelhouse. This forum is full of people doing the work for others because that work is hard.

defiantoneks

This forum is full of people doing the work for others because that work is hard.
or they're doing it because they enjoy actually playing the game and figuring stuff out. if i was to come up with real "recipes" you can bet i'd post on my own subscriber site and let people pay for it. if people wanna be that sort of lazy, i'll make em pay for it. Inno LOVES people who dont want to learn b/c it means diamonds get bought and spent.

Smooper

or they're doing it because they enjoy actually playing the game and figuring stuff out. if i was to come up with real "recipes" you can bet i'd post on my own subscriber site and let people pay for it. if people wanna be that sort of lazy, i'll make em pay for it. Inno LOVES people who dont want to learn b/c it means diamonds get bought and spent.
I like to run a fellowship, I like playing, I like recruiting. I get no money from any of that. I will randomly place items in the cauldron and hopefully get something useful. If someone wants to tell me a free simple recipe, I will use that information. I will use ElvenStats. I will use Gems of Knowledge. I will watch YouTube videos. I will use this forum. I won't pay for anything but some diamonds every few months or so because the designers of the game deserve some money.

Smooper

The simple answer is no. There is no guide yet. Several players are working on it at the moment and everyone is lost. There are recipes on this thread, and there are more over here:
I noticed that those recipes seem to require use of materials. I am wondering if anyone has had any luck with a "no-cost" recipe. Maybe a 5% bonus in something. I am going to keep my goods for upgrades and tournaments for now.

free-spirit

I noticed that those recipes seem to require use of materials. I am wondering if anyone has had any luck with a "no-cost" recipe. Maybe a 5% bonus in something. I am going to keep my goods for upgrades and tournaments for now.
The Cauldron does not use your regular goods to make a potion. You receive witch points each week to purchase ingredients to brew with, and the remainder you can use to upgrade your perk levels after you brew. You can then use goods in the upgrade section to purchase additional witch points if you want, but it's not required. You get witch points every week, and they cannot be saved for the next week, so you should at least try to brew something, if only to get to the perk upgrade panel.

Katwick

Cartographer
Yeah, that's gaming though. If nobody does it for me, I just won't do it because it isn't in my wheelhouse. This forum is full of people doing the work for others because that work is hard.
Nah! That's real life.

Most people can figure out how to put gas in a car,
but don't know,
and don't care,
what the difference is between "Exhaust Valves" and "Blinker Fluid."

Last edited:

SoulsSilhouette

Buddy Fan Club member
Not really a fan of the cauldron. Wanted to be ... but I'm not. What you get out of it doesn't last long enough to do me any good. I love my golden goose, but I have to feed it on a continuous basis for it to be really effective. I would rather something make pet food that doesn't expire after ten days... I can only use 'savory bites' when i'm on vacation because I will miss the collect... I can't be on 24/7 so I miss the pet food in the MA more often than not. I'm sad about the cauldron because I really wanted to like it. sigh... but I do like the seasons thing....

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
I am wondering if anyone has had any luck with a "no-cost" recipe.
The super basic easy way to use the cauldron is to
1. Use your Witch Points spread evenly on Mana shells, Nightshade Blossom, and Cotton Clouds, ignoring any that cost diamonds.
note that any bonus you get will be small because you haven't upgraded anything yet
2. Spend 1 full storage of coins and supplies in the study phase to buy WP and upgrade the 3 "mayhem" buffs evenly (increase the strength of barracks, merc, and training grounds)

Then just repeat step 1 every week for free, forever.

That's if you use troops, of course, anyone else will need different recipes.

Silly Bubbles

You cant pop them all
The super basic easy way to use the cauldron is to
1. Use your Witch Points spread evenly on Mana shells, Nightshade Blossom, and Cotton Clouds, ignoring any that cost diamonds.
note that any bonus you get will be small because you haven't upgraded anything yet
2. Spend 1 full storage of coins and supplies in the study phase to buy WP and upgrade the 3 "mayhem" buffs evenly (increase the strength of barracks, merc, and training grounds)

Then just repeat step 1 every week for free, forever.

That's if you use troops, of course, anyone else will need different recipes.

Interesting because when you have 20 diplomas, it's Ear Truffle instead of Cotton Clouds. Even a quick look at game files shows that it should be Cotton Clouds same as you said but when you play with it more (eg enter both ingredients and see what it does), it shows that Ear Truffle is better for MC Strength. I've double checked and it's definitely Ear Truffle (you can see my values here). I think it has something to do with how many other effects are affected by that ingredient. This is the only discrepancy I've found so far.