• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Discussion The Cauldron - Discussion Thread

Moho

Chef
Apparently, you never use it.
Funny statement. So I only craft Pet Food to brag about it. Different thinking styles, I should say.

I've been crafting Pet Food since I realized its importance. I use it to feed my Brown Bear, Fire Phoenix and Twilight Phoenix because I go to the top of the Spire on a weekly basis. My Ashen Phoenix gets fed every event. And during the FA I feed my Red Panda as well.

I have accumulated enough Pet Food because I check the MA every six hours, that's all.

Last edited:

Smooper

I thank you all for your suggestions. I still do not really understand how to use it but gain one bit of information from every post I read. I watched 2 different videos on the cauldron and none of them talk about it with enough information to gain clarity. Inno acts like it is a new car. "Trust me it runs". But how does it run, what kind of gas does it use, do I need to provide maintenance?

I asked the people of my fellowship and only one person responded that they had some idea how to get a certain effect. So far it is a boondoggle and nowhere near the type of game mechanic that the tournament or Spire is. I will try again this week to make it work.

Edit: Ooops, too late to upgrade the second part this week. [insert deflating sound]

Katwick

Cartographer
But how does it run, what kind of gas does it use, do I need to provide maintenance?

I asked the people of my fellowship and only one person responded that they had some idea how to get a certain effect. So far it is a boondoggle and nowhere near the type of game mechanic that the tournament or Spire is. I will try again this week to make it work.

1676762620689.png

Soon, I'm getting there.

I intend to set up a Cauldon 101 thread, and use my downloadable Excel spreadsheet (that will have a tab for each of the Diplomas 4-12 levels) to provide examples of several effective recipes for each level, with an explanation of HOW everything hangs together.

Last edited:

Farinx

Hi I haven't read much of this thread so I apologize in advance - but I wanted to give my honest feedback of the cauldron addition to the game.

The Duration is too short to care.

Getting a 40% boost to T3 goods for 5 hours, mana production by 12% for 6 hours, or barracks unit's strength by 8% for 4 hours, isn't enough to re-plan your day around. If the effects lasted for 2-3 days, and maybe upgrades extended it to 4-5 days, then I think people would start to strategize and take advantage of cauldron effects.

Most people who play Elvenar probably only log in like 2-3x a day. How are they supposed to care about getting 7% increase in coins for the next 3.5hours?

Katwick

Cartographer
Since it's free and a little more accessible, maybe consider posting it as a google sheet instead?
I've used Google Sheets many times. It always feels cumbersome. But it's actually a pretty simple spreadsheet, and if somebody wants to take a shot at a conversion I'll certainly be happy to be one of the early testers.

But it may be even easier than that. I just used Google Sheets to download the Excel Spreadsheet, and It looks like the conversion may be automatic. I'll poke at it a bit, but it's probably a non-issue.

I've also SavedAs a webpage version that I can see, but I haven't figured out how to get a public link.
Too many box canyons in these here mountains.

Last edited:

Katwick

Cartographer
I sort of knew that I could Cut & Paste to get a colorless table with the cell values.

BUT how about if I can find some way to embed a LIVE spreadsheet, that would automatically reset itself whenever you reloaded the page, or if somebody ELSE mucked about, but didn't have edit privileges. I ain't done yet. There's a bunch of good stuff at xenforo+embed+spreadsheet

As a minimum, I now have a nice clean way of validating the "Ingredient Recipes" in one of the other threads.
163925710841112Flag theHow< # of Diplomas >>Only for4
C_T3SBORWST2STGMGST1SMGDcurrentMany< Effect
10.0%40.0%4.4%10.0%10.0%40.0%4.0%10.0%4.0%40.0%4.0%4.0%Diamondof each< Boost %
5:005:002:125:005:005:002:005:003:005:002:003:00IngredientsHerb?< Duration (Recipe Post)OddsEffect
5.251.750.000.00311 Fire_Spore7.56%C_
7.000.000.000.002/19/202312 Beetlenut0.00%T3
1.750.005.250.0013 Mana_Shell0.00%SB
2.330.004.670.0014 Flying _Iris0.00%OR
0.001.750.005.2521 Medusa_Egg0.00%WS
2.330.004.670.002/19/202322 Caterpillar_Lime0.00%T2
0.007.000.000.002/19/202323 Nightshade_Blossom0.00%ST
7.000.000.000.002/19/202324 Mocking_Tongues0.00%GM
0.000.000.000.0031 Eye_Sprouts0.00%GS
0.000.000.007.00832 Bitterhair_Leaf63.00%T1
0.000.007.000.00633 Cottoncloud_Bud0.00%SM
0.007.000.000.00434 Ear_Truffle0.00%GD
160000000013100021< Totals for Recipe70.56%Only 4
7.6%0.0%0.0%0.0%0.0%0.0%0.0%0.0%0.0%63.0%0.0%0.0%Brewery %0.0048< % Success RateKatwick

Last edited:

Kadhrin

The Duration is too short to care.
I've settled in to doing the cauldron in the first visit of the day when I'll have ~15 minutes, OR the visit when all of the daily harvests come up.

Normally, I go for a troop boost, and usually get that plus other random goods or mana/seeds/unurium boosts. After I get the boost, I do a tourney round and run up the Spire a ways. Then go harvest everything. Check how long the goods boost lasts and usually set things for 3 hours, sometimes 9. Decide if I want to do more tourney or Spire, and finish that off as much as I want.

Lemon Wren

I will give the cauldron about a month but I don't understand it at all and there is no such thing as a simple recipe just to get a minimal bonus. They make you use all your goblets so if you have the result you want earlier, you have to keep brewing. I followed Soggy's simple recipe and dumped tons of gold and supplies in and got a terrible recipe which upped my gold production for 5 hours. Not at all what he was intending the potion to do. Level 49 where the gold coin is and I have no idea what that means or how to change it because that is the most useless place to have a high level. Going to try again this week but can see this is not for normal players. The top 1% of Elvenar player will use this. Way less than tournament or spire.
Some weeks I remember to do it and other times I forget it exists. The one constant though is that I still don't understand it. The interface isn't intuitive enough for me and the multiple screens don't help. I never seem to notice if effects are working or not, the times are short, etc. etc. Basically I'm just clicking pretty randomly. Then I come here to learn more but very quickly I run across charts and spreadsheets, and explanations so long that my eyes glaze over, my mind wanders and then I just scroll away.

Kudos to everyone who has figured it out and enjoys the challenge, but it's out of my pay grade and I just don't care enough to put in the work needed to make it worth using. And I say this as someone who plays on multiple cities and comes to the forums to learn more. I can't help but think that more casual players are even more lost than I am.

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
I have come to the conclusion that the cauldron is vastly different experience for those of us who can afford to throw about 50K spell fragments in the mix every week than it is for others.
My small city only has 2 diplomas. I can only boost coins and supplies. It's not even worth throwing anything at it for the moment.

Dew Spinner

I have come to the conclusion that the cauldron is vastly different experience for those of us who can afford to throw about 50K spell fragments in the mix every week than it is for others.
That rules out all players since Inno made the Moonstone Library Set a limit of one set. And many more players that didn't get more than a few sets before the change.

Are the boosts chapter dependent? I'm in Chapter 15 (The Elvenar) and I'm not seeing any of the T3 Sentient Boosts although I know it should be a potential boost.

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
Are the boosts chapter dependent? I'm in Chapter 15 (The Elvenar) and I'm not seeing any of the T3 Sentient Boosts although I know it should be a potential boost.
The boosts are chapter dependent but not in the manner that you suggest. It's about the number of diplomas that you have, and those are based on completed chapters.
Look at this Scroll, or this thread for more information.

SunsetDanar

I can see possibilities with the Cauldron and, since Inno like to tweak stuff, I expect some tweaking to be in its future since it seems so blatantly tweakable. I think my main issue at this point is the randomness of the effective spells. I have leveled up a few of the ones that seem most useful to me but they don't seem to show up when I need them. So far, for me, the Cauldron has been of no value since it has not provided anything useful. Having the option to choose which spells are active for their individual time periods would certainly increase the value of the Cauldron...at least it would for me.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
When you donate resources in order to buy witch points, is the amount of witch points you get for each purchase fixed for all players? Or does it vary based on how many chapter's worth of research you have completed?

Lady Dastardly

When you donate resources in order to buy witch points, is the amount of witch points you get for each purchase fixed for all players? Or does it vary based on how many chapter's worth of research you have completed?
It varies. My two Ch. 16 cities have differing amounts of research completed: one has 12 diplomas, the other has 13. The one with 13 gets more witch points for lower cost than the one with 12.