• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Discussion The Cauldron - Discussion Thread

Alram

Flippers just flip
The costs are identical in my two ch 8 cities that have the exact same number of diplomas. (316 goods for 1 witchpoint).

I don't really have time to read the previous 28 pages so I'll ask here. If necessary refer me back if necessary.

Is there a guide to what spells are available for the different numbers of diplomas? For example, I have 14 diplomas and the last six spells are not available to me. What spells are available for 4 diplomas when it becomes available? When are the new ones added? I can see the progression, but not the diploma requirements.

Lakarakka

tried it a cople of times. i'm not a fast learner so maybe i just don't get it yet. but i don't like that in order to reap the effects you have to do it at a certain time. don't like the time constraints. very gimmicky imo . kind of like the new daily /weekly quests or whatever. brought to you by the folks at zynga poker .

Katwick

Cartographer
Is there a guide to what spells are available for the different numbers of diplomas?
Only if you're willing to throw Diamonds at some of the Ingredients each week, because each week 4 of the 12 Ingredients "aren't fresh."

The other answer is that there are 12 different effects, and you won't want the same effect each week, forever, regardless of your level.

That said, it's not really THAT complicated, because the PATTERNS are very consistent. I'm wading through the complexity in Cauldrons 101, and as I come to understand exactly how things work I've been explaining what's going on, and providing tools that will reward your efforts.

BUT, the Cauldron is sort of like Starbucks. It's fiddly on purpose. If you just want black coffee then you should use a Vending Machine because Starbuck's will STILL insist on tarting up simple Black Coffee with exotic Coffee Beans and Cold Brew and Nitro and Stuff.

So nope, the Cauldron will never be a vending machine.

Alram

Flippers just flip
@Katwick
lol nice analogy. I remember asking for a simple black coffee at Starbucks. I never went back. They kept trying to sell me a roast but I just wanted a coffee.
I will just stick to basic surprise potions.:p

I phrased it poorly. I don't care about what's available ingredient-wise, just which boosts become available when based on the number of Diplomas. I have 14 diplomas and regardless of what ingredients can be purchased, there are several boosts not yet available to me. I'm looking to put together a list for my FS so people can say "OK I have 12 these are boosts available to me." And it seems like the boosts are about a chapter behind the technology. I have T3 Ascended goods, but only T1&T2 Ascended are potential boosts for me.

Flashfyre

I don't really have time to read the previous 28 pages so I'll ask here. If necessary refer me back if necessary.

Is there a guide to what spells are available for the different numbers of diplomas? For example, I have 14 diplomas and the last six spells are not available to me. What spells are available for 4 diplomas when it becomes available? When are the new ones added? I can see the progression, but not the diploma requirements.
Each completed Chapter (all techs researched, including optional ones) adds 1 new boost to the list; because of the number of early boosts (Coins, Supplies, T1/2/3 Productions, and the 3 military ones) and the fact that all this starts at Chapter 5, boosts for the special effects (Orcs, Mana, Seeds, S1/2/3 goods, etc) are not unlocked until 1 Chapter AFTER that resource becomes available. In your example, at Chapter 14 you are still missing the S3 goods production (I'm right there with you), and that boost won't become available until you complete Chapter 15. If you extrapolate that, the last possible boost won't be available until there is a Chapter 21 and it is completed.

Cleo7311

My Fellowships rank values this way - tournaments, Special events, Spire, Adventure, Seasons and a distant last place for Cauldron - short duration boosts usually for unwanted stuff - and way too many headaches! Cauldron definitely fails the KISS principal - Keep It Simple Stupid!

KAISER S0ZE

I brewed at 40% again this week, but only got 1 successful potion this time from 5 goblets, Mercenaries Mayhem (and I haven't built the Mercenary Camp). But of course it still gave me access to the Generals Mayhem (Barracks) I upgraded last week, so I continued to upgrade that instead with the remaining Witch Points. I'm quite ok with this being a long term feature.
Rather than aiming to get one spell effect to 40% chance... instead try getting 3 or 4 spell effects to @ 20% each. That way the 40% spell chance doesn't keep triggering the same effect on each goblet. I did one with @ 19% for each of 4 fighting spells and I got 3 of them to trigger.

Silly Bubbles

You cant pop them all
Rather than aiming to get one spell effect to 40% chance... instead try getting 3 or 4 spell effects to @ 20% each. That way the 40% spell chance doesn't keep triggering the same effect on each goblet. I did one with @ 19% for each of 4 fighting spells and I got 3 of them to trigger.

Would you like to share that recipe? Getting 19% for 4 fighting spells adds to 80% for only four affects while 16 diplomas have 16 effects. To me it nearly sounds impossible to get four at 19% so I'd love to see it, that'd be great. :)

iamthouth

Tetris Master
A status update of sorts, now three months in. I've gotten all spells to at least lvl 50, but it gets exponentially expensive from here, so won't make it to 100 in the next three month.

The resource spells at lvl 50 are now at max duration 17h15m, so lasting a full day if I'm lucky, and the fighting spells are 6h54m at lvl 50, 8h54m at lvl 70, and 9h24m at lvl 75. Orcs at lvl 81 is 25h00m max.

A few resources are now getting very expensive for buying Witch Points, which will also slow me down.

Ch21 will release Trader's Precious Blessing, for Precious Ascended Goods Production Bonus.
Ch22 should be Barracks Units Health increase.

image_2023-04-07_221826232.pngimage_2023-04-07_223207170.pngimage_2023-04-07_223306326.pngimage_2023-04-07_223449841.png

Last edited:

Vejr

Hi all!
I don't post very often but here comes time... :)
Is there a "cap" on "Donate resources to receive which point" and I just did not yet reach it yet?
I'm at hundreds Ks on most goods and millions in coins per donation and at late lvls its a drop in a bucket towards points needed to advance.
...as example: at lvl 86 Harvest moon it asking 329K Which points!!! and each donation only nets me some 3K+ points at my stage.
11.4Mill in gold and seems to be growing with each click no sign of stopping, same with all other resources no cap on how much to squeeze out of my storage per click?

Silly Bubbles

You cant pop them all
Hi all!
I don't post very often but here comes time... :)
Is there a "cap" on "Donate resources to receive which point" and I just did not yet reach it yet?
I'm at hundreds Ks on most goods and millions in coins per donation and at late lvls its a drop in a bucket towards points needed to advance.
...as example: at lvl 86 Harvest moon it asking 329K Which points!!! and each donation only nets me some 3K+ points at my stage.
11.4Mill in gold and seems to be growing with each click no sign of stopping, same with all other resources no cap on how much to squeeze out of my storage per click?

I've hit the limit of my Main Hall capacity with both coins (200M) and supplies. I don't think that there's any other limit unless it's bigger than 200M.