• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

The Cauldron is complete garbage... Change my mind!

Genefer

The Supply potion is

Base production value
+ Culture Bonus Value
+ Potion
Total of all three combined

Then add the power of provision which applies the effect value to the combined total.

I actually like the Cauldron, but there are a few changes I would like:

1) Make the potion and store until you want to use it - a total waste to get troop boosts when the fighting is already over

2) Someone else mentioned it - but the interface could use some refining - it is annoying to have to reset all the ingredients - each ingredient should have an add & remove - not the cauldron

I have used Spell Frags, but never diamonds. The key is to improve the effects as much as possible to increase the duration and effect value.

Pheryll

Set Designer
The Supply potion is

Base production value
+ Culture Bonus Value
+ Potion
Total of all three combined
Just as I had thought. Potion effect for many things is an additive to other bonuses (such as the set bonuses) and as far as I have found does not establish a new multiplier that has not already been established (though for some like unurium production I do not have a good way of testing).

Genefer

I had a potion that increased by T2 production by 80% and was surprised to see it applied to my evolve productions too. The combined collection - under the spell - from my Moonstone, Fairy Queen, & Panda 62,154 units from the potion :) I thought it only applied to factories

The Aureate is an additive, however it does not benefit from the MM - very disappointing

Pheryll

Set Designer
I had a potion that increased by T2 production by 80% and was surprised to see it applied to my evolve productions too. The combined collection - under the spell - from my Moonstone, Fairy Queen, & Panda 62,154 units from the potion :) I thought it only applied to factories

The Aureate is an additive, however it does not benefit from the MM - very disappointing

Yep, event buildings are helped, but in the case of set bonuses, the potion effect is a percentage of the base production which is then added to the set bonus percentages.

MaidenFair

Chef - Head Philologist
I’m confused. The Cauldron specifically says it only applies to manufactories, and I have never noticed an increase in collection from any of my event buildings.

Genefer

you're right it does specify only factories - well I hope they are not motivated to fix the error.

WidowElspeth

Part of my problem with the Cauldron is its communication.
For instance, I have a task from the Sorceress to Unlock Technologies. I've gone through the Wiki page a few times and still have no idea what it takes to do that. Obviously, others have, as I only encountered the Cauldron yesterday. What are the requirements for completing that task, please?
Sorry for the silly question, and thank you.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
Not a silly question! Quests often sound weird due to communication/translation issues. It would be helpful to know exactly how it's worded. Taking a guess here: Have you tried activating a research tech***?

*I'm really hesitant with this response. I haven't seen a task in Cauldrons at all. Thought you might be mixing it up with the Seasons quests. But, I haven't seen a 'complete a tech' task in Seasons. If it's a Seasons quest, I'd expect the end game posters on the forums would explode, lol! Really hoping it's just a storyline quest giver, lol!

Alram

Flippers just flip
Part of my problem with the Cauldron is its communication.
For instance, I have a task from the Sorceress to Unlock Technologies. I've gone through the Wiki page a few times and still have no idea what it takes to do that. Obviously, others have, as I only encountered the Cauldron yesterday. What are the requirements for completing that task, please?
I'm not sure what that quest wanted either. I was able to cancel it.

Huor

Screenshot 2023-05-02 2.11.41 PM-1.jpg

Fayeanne

That's part of the sequence of tutorial side-quests that pop up right after you research the Cauldron. They're all declineable (so probably many people simply declined them all and don't remember them). Anyway, yes, that quest is asking for you to research any technology. It is trying to teach you that you need to research all technologies in each chapter to benefit the Cauldron. I have no idea why that quest uses the plural when only one technology is needed and other quests word this just fine...

I am amused however at how they lampshade their own game:
1683113335436.png

Deleted User - 849411552

I had to look up "lampshade" in this context. The Urban Dictionary says, "By underscoring points of possible contention, usually humorously, the suspension of disbelief is retained." Once I knew the definition, I really appreciate your usage here - it is a great example! :)

hvariidh gwendrot

not a huge fan of this thing by any stretch and it brings up one of the oldest complaints in the game, inno releases features without warning or explainations on how to use them,
unless you;'re going to drop diamonds and your resources in to it you need to take a long view on developing it's features,
TIMING...i "add ingredients" right before i do a spire/tournament climb/round
then i'll add the witch points to "improve effects" i focus on troop effects, gneral mayhem, monsters mayhem and use the left over to improve coin and supply boosts and one day next decade i'll get to orc and goods production at this rate .. negotiators would reverse this and do goods and coins first i would suspect
THEN it's all a roll of the dice you/i hope it activates something useful which most of times it does not
i would never add resouces to this other than what they provide from tournament and i would never spend a diamond on this thing

Arkadia

No, it's not an immediate big reward thing. This is Elvenar. It's all about the long game.

oh, you mean like the AW's! Something to keep dumping stuff you produce into for the illusion of actual benefit.... got it ;):p

Once you figure out the recipe you want to use to boost whatever it is you are boosting you have to remember to not boost that until the right time. After all, if you boost Mercenary Mayhem, for instance, and have already completed the Spire and it's 8 hours to the next tournament round, the 6 hour boost you got looks pretty but is full of rot. Useless. In addition, if you get three boosts, for instance, you have to figure out when to use them (i.e. drink the potions, which means finding out what boosts you will/will not get) before you know what they are and for how long they last! And since they they seldom last long enough for all three (or whatever number you end up with) to be useful you lose. Argggg.

So if they either boosted the amount of time the effect was in effect, or they allowed us to use each potion effect when we wanted (maybe some kind of summoning you could use when you wished...like a 1x1 cauldron portion thing), that would make the Cauldron more than barely useful.

AJ

Agree.... timing is horrible.
I mean I can't re-arrange my life around the game! :oops: ...dang!

I'm glad some of you enjoy the supply and goods boosts, but when one already has more then enough of them.... we do not need extra boosts. :confused:

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
*I'm really hesitant with this response. I haven't seen a task in Cauldrons at all. Thought you might be mixing it up with the Seasons quests. But, I haven't seen a 'complete a tech' task in Seasons. If it's a Seasons quest, I'd expect the end game posters on the forums would explode, lol! Really hoping it's just a storyline quest giver, lol!
You probably forgot. There are a half dozen cauldron-specific quests which appear as soon as you research it, and then never agin, so you would hve gotten them a few months back.
It might be a prompt to do the Cauldron research perhaps ?
Unfortunately, you don't get the cauldron quests until after you've done the research. It has to be another one.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
After a few more weeks of working with it, I think the Cauldron is better than I thought. The mistake I was making was not being flexible enough to find the effects it was best at each week before picking the effect I wanted. This week, for instance, I choose Mercenary Mayhem, which is what I choose pretty much all the time. It was terrible. The best I could get was about 37% (if my memory is working, which it may not be). So I tried other effects and found that they worked much better. Picking Monster Mayhem or one of the others got me 44 hours of the effect at over 50%. In my case I can just about do the entire tournament in 44 hours and since the boost was a military one, I really got going. So here's what I think. You have to be flexible and use the cauldron how it wants to be used each week. Diamonds make it easier, but even without diamonds there are just going to be some effects that are "on" and some that are not that week.

AJ