• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

The Challenge of Not Spending $$$

• Thread starter DeletedUser3352
  • Start date

Do you spend to get ahead?

• I dont spend a dime on free to play games

• I make one purchase to support development

• I spend occasionally, like when in game currency goes on sale

• I spend a nominal amount on a regular basis

• I spend like a maniac

• I cheat AND spend and hope the devs are greedy enough to let me get away with it

Results are only viewable after voting.

DeletedUser3352

Hi Folks.

I am curious how the average 'forum poster' treats the question 'to spend or not to spend." I myself have found that if I spend too much on a game I lose interest. But I also want to spend at least a little something to support developers of free to play games. So I have found that if I spend a nominal amount to split the difference, I dont feel like a freeloader but dont lose out on the challenge of being better than buyers.

DeletedUser16555

I must be a stingy -. because I refuse to pay for play, for a free to play browser based game. I just happen to be the founder of a very successful and large Fellowship, with loyal and passionate members. I currently reside at the 6000 mark for individual score and my Fellowship just broke the 850 score. Not bad for only existing for about 3 months, without buying my way.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser3507

I have been playing 2.3 years, with a score of
Screenshot_24.png

and a cultural overflow of
Screenshot_25.png

I am one of the few who have a totally balanced city waiting for chapter 13.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
because I refuse to pay for play, for a free to play browser based game.
The game is only free for you because others are paying for it. While your play-style is valid, and you are welcome to it, as are we all, it does not, in any way, make someone a better person than people who choose to pay, and denigrating them is a bit like biting the hand that feeds you.

DeletedUser16555

People need to lighten up, I wasn't mocking or denigrating anyone. Was more mocking myself for being cheap. Just so you know I also know that the game is free because some choose to pay, wasn't born yesterday, under a toad stool, or in the dark.

DeletedUser3507

People need to lighten up, I wasn't mocking or denigrating anyone. Was more mocking myself for being cheap. Just so you know I also know that the game is free because some choose to pay, wasn't born yesterday, under a toadstool, or in the dark.

I knew that ;)
I was just being me...:D

DeletedUser17642

Lets just say I maxed and overmaxxed my credit card by playing Elvenar and other games. :confused:

DeletedUser7527

i havent spent a dime and been playing almost 2 years i dont spend on free games but i do know that the people who do pay help me to play for free so those of you that do spend cash ty for that

DeletedUser3507

27 lvl 12 magic residences, 10 lvl 12 magic workshops and alot of bought culture.
Magic helps me have more with less space used ..

DeletedUser16555

I look at not spending cash as a challenge, like to see how far and fast I reach a bottleneck by not spending. Then I patiently work my way through it. It does help when you acquire wishing wells during events, they occasionally produce diamonds.

DeletedUser5800

I have been playing 2.3 years, with a score of
Screenshot_24.png

and a cultural overflow of
Screenshot_25.png

I am one of the few who have a totally balanced city waiting for chapter 13.
New game! Take a shot every time jps posts his top bar...
ish hap (hicupp) happens atch leass oce ah day (hiccup) :p:rolleyes::p

DeletedUser3468

If I could afford to spend, I'd probably spend a small amount if there was something I really, really wanted. Of course right now I've got diamonds available to spend and can't find anything I want enough to spend them on. Upgraded my builders in all but my non diamond city to level 3 and often have them all idle so no point spending more there. I have one level 4 Magic Academy but most of my cities have an overabundance of magic spells (over 300 PoP and similar number of all but the IM) so I don't really need to upgrade any but the one in my smallest city. (I am considering taking it up to level 5 but not in any rush) I like the challenge of working without the magical residences or magical workshops so they don't attract me. :rolleyes:

Besides, as I've said before, if I could afford a monthly entertainment allowance for games, I'd be more likely to subscribe to a mmorpg... and then you'd never get me off the computer and I probably wouldn't be playing Elvenar at all. (Yeah, I tend to get addicted to them! One of the reasons I haven't tried to justify having some extra money as a reason to go back to playing mmorpgs.:confused:)

DeletedUser3507

I would have to say Magic Residences and Workshops are a huge space saver each residence for me holds 4900 citizens, and magic workshops out produce regular ones by a huge factor. I use both to save space.

HJK84

I would have to say Magic Residences and Workshops are a huge space saver each residence for me holds 4900 citizens, and magic workshops out produce regular ones by a huge factor. I use both to save space.

This is very true. I don't have them, but I've read the stats, and it's huge. Although... so is the Culture required for them.
I'm guessing? the room saved is more than enough to balance out the Culture required to upkeep the Magic WS'/Res'

DeletedUser3507

yup 263k of surplus culture presently with 24 workshops..:p
Not giving a screenshot due to @Lord Draconian..:p:cool::D
His culture overflow is 2...:eek:
oh heck with it...
Screenshot_43.png

Last edited by a moderator: