• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

The Chat

muffy.

Chef - Scroll-Keeper - Chandelier Swinger - EAA
If this has been asked and answered forgive me...I couldnt find it....
I see all the issues being fixed and I do really appreciate it as do the members of my fellowship
Is there an ETA on the chat and when it will be fixed ?
Its very important to the fellowships, it is what holds a fellowship together ....without communication there are no bonds between us....sure we could use the message format.....but oh my goodness I get so many, a fellows needed help gets lost in it all . If we cant communicate with them.....we lose them . To me fixing the chat should be just as important as some of the other fixes being done...

DeletedUser3507

They purchase the chat through another vendor it's not theirs, just like the forum software.

kctanzen

Many, many years ago .. I was a *very* active player in a MMORPG -- EverQuest (which, in my humble opinion is the best computer game I have ever played).

Yes, it was published by a firm with likely deeper pockets (Sony) and the software was in-house as far as I am aware. That chat / mail / communication system was really good -- allowing multiple in game channels, archiving, linking to external email, and other tools.

In the years since though -- surely there are reasonable stand alone services / products available that a company in the online marketplace with multiple platforms in that entertainment space could pursue, especially since they could leverage one type of communication system across all of their current and future offerings.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
They way the chat is currently behaving indicates to me that it is not the same code they were using a month ago. I think they've already either gotten a new third-party solution, or an update, or moved to an internal chat service. In any event, the issues it is experiencing now are (overall) worse than when it sometimes didn't work at all.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
They way the chat is currently behaving
It felt to me like something had changed, but since my chat issues were rare, and they were usually resolved by reloading, I thought I was just starting to experience what others had been complaining of for months. I read a post (I think on Beta**don't play there, but do read forums) a few weeks ago that said something about determining the issue was with their chat socket server and the permanent fix was replacement. It indicated they would not be able to get that done before the FA went live, but hoped to have it done in a few weeks. I'm really hoping 'a few weeks' means really soon now. With the recent escalation of issues, it seems to be effecting more of our FS members and I get more of the *works for this message; 2 min later doesn't work*; reloading doesn't helpo_O stuff. If anything, even the not-working seems less stable than before!

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
I never had any chat problems until I got a server crash the moment the last FA finished, since then it's down ~80% of the time and a refresh fixes it most of the time, but I'm getting tired of that and mostly don't bother.

DeletedUser2829

I never had any chat problems until I got a server crash the moment the last FA finished, since then it's down ~80% of the time and a refresh fixes it most of the time, but I'm getting tired of that and mostly don't bother.
I've been without Chat for well over a month and this is the second time it's happened to me. I've reported it to Support and they say they know about it and are working on a solution, but in the mean while, I have to communicate with my fellowship through Messages, and I'm the Arch Mage. Most of the fellow members in our clan have chat and I'm really getting a bit frustrated with this waiting. The last reply I got from support suggests that I read all of the information in the new updates.. How the heck is that suppose to help me?? I've done every thing short of turning off my internet security, which I will never do, and none of their suggestions work. So don't feel like you're alone in this SoggyShorts. And I'm too kind to say "Welcome to the Chat-less Crowd. :)

jamestennet

They will get it fixed someday. Meantime we use messages and for us it is no big deal
Oh but it is a big deal. One of my fellowships has members who all use the mobile app which doeasn't support messaging. How would you suggest I, as archmage, communicate with the other members?

DeletedUser15173

I second that James! Im also AM in my city in Winyandor and its been completely down since yesterday and more than half of my members are mobile only so no email for them...makes it very frustrating :mad: especially during an event when communication is paramount for trading and other misc. uuhhggggg!:(

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser6326

^^^ Ours has been down in Winyandor all day too. It is working in all other worlds. I only have a couple of mobile players over in Ceravyn...but communication is definitely tough when chat is down and they can't access the messages. I try to have all of our members log in to the PC at least a couple times a week, once they join our fellowships, so they don't miss out on any important information.
...and I don't want them to miss out on the tournaments either!!! :)

(You do tend feel all alone when chat is down in each world ;))

bkbajb

Sorry it is such a huge problem for some. It is a game we play. Most of us play it for free. If communication is so important for trades, why don't people look at all of the available trades and take the ones from your FS. Sorry but there are solutions

SoggyShorts

Sorry it is such a huge problem for some. It is a game we play. Most of us play it for free. If communication is so important for trades, why don't people look at all of the available trades and take the ones from your FS. Sorry but there are solutions
Many players also enjoy conversations in chat though, and I don't mean "Can I get 500 silk?". I agree that there are work-arounds, but there shouldn't have to be. With Winy chat being down I find myself only checking in on Khel now, so I imagine some players with just one city and no chat find a part of their whole game is missing.

bkbajb

It's kinda sad that players are having to resort to 3rd party apps for chat, FA tracking, and FS information. It seems like these things should be built in and in working condition.

I agree but they said they are working on it and hopefully they are. I guess we don't find it that important and the ones that use it a lot in our FS mostly use it for chit chat. I come on and there are over 100 messages about kids and life. I don't even read them.

SoggyShorts

I agree but they said they are working on it and hopefully they are. I guess we don't find it that important and the ones that use it a lot in our FS mostly use it for chit chat. I come on and there are over 100 messages about kids and life. I don't even read them.
And this points to a part of the bigger issue. There are hundreds of games with much much better chat and messaging systems. Adding some chat tabs for help, trades, and off topic as well as splitting notifications, and improved emails are all things that we expect from a game in the early 2000s. In 2018 it's pretty disappointing.

TomatoeHu

Sheets of Color
I do not see anything in the New Bug Fix release for Mondays game fixes. Nothing regarding the chat issues we still have, on going for weeks now. It really dampens the fellowship spirit and creates a very lonely atmosphere. As well as alienating us all , it has proved hard to communicate with the in-game messages when there are also loading issues there.... Having to refresh for each use is bothersome, time consuming and doesnt' always fix the issue. Do we have a projected fix date for chat and messages loading properly? I would like to update my fellows as to when we can expect to talk to each other again....