• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

The "Christmas" Event is BROKEN!!!!

DeletedUser20819

Christmas_Junk.jpg

YES this is too much to ask!

I did THIS ONCE, did "Add 10 Knowledge Points" AGAIN for the 20th time out of like 50 quests and look what pops up YET AGAIN, right after that...

I've had this quest AT LEAST 5 times in the last 20 quests. Your algorithm is broken or you just want people to PAY to do your Christmas quest OR only high-level people who have the resources to complete your "Spire Event" to get reasonable amounts of Spell Fragments are allowed to finish the Christmas quest(or get even close) because this is simply ridiculous for most of us.

Unreasonable, broken and ridiculous.

Who did you have test this, a blind person? The repeated quests of supplies every 3 quests and this every 4 quests is unacceptable.

Was the point of this "Christmas HA HA (not HO HO) Event" just to annoy your players or meant to make them quit because you've not only made this 10 times more difficult, you've made it pay out 10 times less rewards than ANY other major seasonal/large scale quest you've done in the past.(Phoenix, Bear, Mermaid etc). I've for the most part before this event found your game pretty reasonable to play(and pay for). Some hiccups here and there but hey, they happen. This event and over Christmas is just horrible. Your programmers/planners did an absolutely wretched job at making this fun/interesting/fair/worth playing. Not only that but it angers me(ANGERS and about a GAME that's supposed to entertain!) that people with 10's of thousands of Spire Spell Fragments are happily repeating this without a problem just because they started the game before me and are bigger than me....that is to say this event is not even close to fair for all players.

This is a savings/resource drain and little more than that. Hope more people stop paying because Elvenar needs a serious (get what you deserve) moment in time over this.

DeletedUser24698

People were unhappy about the last event, and one of the mods said they were trying to prevent "cheating" by players who wound up with too many goodies. Another mod walked it back. The gist of the thread was that because a few players were diligent enough to wind up with 2 fully fledged mermaids, now every event gets weakened so that can never, ever happen again.

DeletedUser20819

People were unhappy about the last event, and one of the mods said they were trying to prevent "cheating" by players who wound up with too many goodies. Another mod walked it back. The gist of the thread was that because a few players were diligent enough to wind up with 2 fully fledged mermaids, now every event gets weakened so that can never, ever happen again.

Yes, well lets be honest about that. If they make the bases for Mermaids so that people can get more than 1 then they better expect that some people can work their butts off and get as many as they can. THEY created that problem if they made it so some people with way too much time on their hands could get more than 2 mermaids. Solution? Just don't make it so someone can get more than 2 Mermaid bases.

Now as for people doing their quests over and over, that deal is arduous WORK. It's not really fun, it's not really interesting, it's arduous WORK. They need to realize that dong repetitive things isn't fun in a game so the people PAID for more resources by WORKING harder.

Lastly, if they've dropped the somewhat fair way of picking balls or picking other things with percentage based choices like they have in the past and ANOTHER event pops up like this (assuming I even don't just get disgusted and quit this because as of 12-12, I've lost 4 days of questing from it being IMPOSSIBLE to quest and there is a hell of a lot of month left)...I am GONE.

Events are supposed to be fun and interesting and yes give you some more back because you've (hopefully) spent diamonds on the game in between and deserve 4 or 5 thank yous during the year.

I hate to repeat but I sure hope that somebody, somewhere gulps and realizes how angry we are about this.

DeletedUser20941

The event is long enough that I think everyone who plays at least semi-regularly will be able to max their event building. I do admit that some of these collection quests are a bit too time-consuming if you aren't using diamonds/instants/spells.

Absolutely NOT!
I just finished on Beta, and was lucky to get to level 7!
And at the current level of that city (Level 4) I probably wouldn't get much further. I stopped on the last full day with the quest: Buy 20 knowledge points.
Pysberus is partially right. While I wouldn't say the system is broken, it is limiting for smaller cities. I play every day and usually more than once but I couldn't collect enough ribbons to try for each daily prize. I waited to see what it was and have even skipped 2 or 3 days in a row, because I was saving up for buildings.
The problem I felt was the "reshuffle" gift. Theoretically you could play infinitely without getting the daily prize, if reshuffle kept coming up.
If they are looking to make things fairer two things.
1. Reshuffle when you get the daily prize or make it so you can win the daily prize only once. You can keep playing for the others, just not the daily prize.
2. And this might be the impossible because of the programming involved, but set the quests at 3 or 4 levels based on your research chapter. Say chapters 1 to 5, chapters 6 to 11, etc. They would be identical tasks, but the quantity/time involved would be more appropriate to the city Level.

DeletedUser20941

I know I will anger some players with the following comment. But I don't read it said very often.
Not all players regularly purchase diamonds, or are in the highest chapters of the game. Those of you who do/are have a different perspective than those of us who don't/aren't. Don't assume what is doable for you will work for those of us who don't purchase diamonds, or special event buildings or haven't even got into guest races .

Am I jealous, well maybe a little, when I look at everything you have in your cities. But I'm good with each of us playing the game in our own style. The designers "just" need to make it interesting to us both.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
The event is long enough that I think everyone who plays at least semi-regularly will be able to max their event building. I do admit that some of these collection quests are a bit too time-consuming if you aren't using diamonds/instants/spells.

Um, no, not without getting into the bonus quests. Someone not logging in multiple times a day will not complete enough quests to get the 17 grand prizes needed to max the building.

Black watch

View attachment 6917

Not only that but it angers me(ANGERS and about a GAME that's supposed to entertain!) that people with 10's of thousands of Spire Spell Fragments are happily repeating this without a problem just because they started the game before me and are bigger than me....that is to say this event is not even close to fair for all players.

This is a savings/resource drain and little more than that. Hope more people stop paying because Elvenar needs a serious (get what you deserve) moment in time over this.

Hmmm, at the moment I'm sitting on just over 39,000 spell fragments... and I can assure you I'm just as mad/unhappy with this event as you.

I'll just say it again... this event is terrible... it sucks on ice.
The idea behind the shuffle is truly awful. The whole presents being random is further screwed up by that nice addition of the shuffle... wow, this morning I had finally wheedled down the large selection of presents trying to get the 8 hr time boosts, when I was forced to shuffle the G.D. presents and start all over again trying to get the freaking prize I'd just spent thousands of ribbons trying to get.
I somehow got lucky after clicking away down to my last click to collect ONE.
But hey... I got Pop spell, EE spell, MM spell and Coin rains among the unending stuff I don't want...

This event isn't broken in the functionally sense as much as it's broken in the design sense. It's a terrible idea, compounded by other terrible ideas to culminate in one big grand terrible event.

DeletedUser24458

tbh I had no idea it was even possible to get multiple leveled/evolved event buildings per town until this event. Imo there was a simpler solution to that......only allow one event building per town. There - all fixed

I WAS liking the quests until I started to get the same one over and over. Yes it came every other one but that is still boring, tedious and sucks all the fun out of an already frustrating event. i am feeling punished for a few who exploited a system that has a better fix

DeletedUser10917

They said that they had fixed the recurring quest bit. If they did I've yet to see it. After the first 3 days, every other quest I get is for supplies...either aquiring or producing...which takes me 9 hrs. and the use of the Power of Provision enchantments (I choose to not use diamonds or instants for this event). That translates to my acquiring about 60 ribbons a day. Since it takes 50 ribbons to open a present, I get to open 1, sometimes 2 presents a day. At this rate, I see no way to be able to get a completely upgraded grand prize building.

Beatleguise

As a new player I agree. I play a lot of video games , but I like the strategic aspect of the fights. First couple days, first ring of providences were no problem, after that it is impossible to win a fight when the enemy have squads of 100 to 200. Then on top of it, a cool Winter Special. Problem is like mentioned above some of the quest are especially hard for a new player, collecting 1200 Marble? and no choice. Finish a technology that cost 20 plus knowledge when you cant win a fight, and only get 1 an hour? I actually spent over a hundred bucks the first couple days alone, because I enjoyed the fights, not knowing they would become impossible. And the diamond cost to buy ribbons is insane, 500 for two tries, and many times getting next to nothing. Even monthly online games with real video graphics cost less. It is frustrating. Today for example, I got another quest to gather 1200 Goods, which I cannot do in a day, almost if its my boosted goods. For the last 24 hours all I have done is collect money and supplies. While I realize some people have tons of money so spend, not all of us do. Occasionally for specials yes, but some things are insanely slow, like the Diamonds only being 100 day, and you need 500 to get 2 extra rolls in the winter shop. That is simply to much. I am sadly already getting disillusioned with the game and im not a week in. It would be nice if the real gaming part, IE Combat was actually doable.

Beatleguise

I dont even want to talk about the magic part, catalyst takes me 19 hours for just 1, and once I was out of spell fragments, its practically impossible to get more. Granted, I am new to it, but Diamonds are to rare, Spell fragments worse, Catalyst even worse, and Rune Shards? Spent 2 days researching Ancient Runes, and I doubt I will see one in two weeks. Let alone sooner..... Anyway, this is off topic, so I apologize for adding to this particular issue....

Black watch

View attachment 6919
In the last 24 hours I've only been able to get 22/25 needed VV, because all they are offering me is junk recipes. Fragments aren't the issue, Catalysts are the issue.

Totally agree. I was just responding to an earlier post.... yeah I'm also getting terrible recipes... it's unending and the only real source of pet food I've been able to get, it through the presents.
The fighting boosts, pet food, time boosts (except the 10 min ones) are all gone. I keep waiting for them and nothing is showing. When I finally reached 100 vapors and cashed them in for my "mystical object, I got 150 ribbons instead of the time boosts or KP I could have used for something useful...
This is depressing.

DeletedUser20819

Supplies. Coins. Supplies. Spend KP. Supplies. Buy KP. Supplies. 25 Spell Frags. Supplies.

This verified to be true and it's not an anomaly. The game is consistently asking for supplies damn near every other part of the event.

Can you PLEASE fix this? It's pretty ridiculous to load supplies up like that. They're hard to get and the schedule of them showing up means you have your table weight to supplies much higher than other things. Isn't it supposed to be random because it's not...it really is not.

Please fix.

The Unbeliever

The Elvenar team are simply a bunch of bass-akwards incompetent numpties...

I swear for example that when they "test" this crap out in-house to see if it's "doable for even very small cities" they're doing stupid gak like;
- giving themselves a 700% relic boost in Ch1-3 cities
- assuming everything is always at max level for each chapter
- assuming everyone obviously has 100 open expansions to run 10-15 max-level workshops + I don't to even contemplate how many of each T1-6 factories
- assuming 170% culture boost is always active
- giving themselves infinite resources
- always counting the "buy kp" quest as if players have never before bought a single kp
- always assuming everyone has instant access to near-unlimited piles of units boosters & high/max level AW's
- etc, etc...

It's just frankly insulting that the devs could actually be this completely clueless!

Beatleguise

I keep getting gather supplies, then buy knowledge points, over and over. I have lost track of them, and as a new player they are both extremely difficult and take all my resources to do, and I am lucky to get one done in a day if I micro manage it for 12 hours.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
There are a nearly infinite number of playable city design-states in the game. They had to make some changes on-the-fly after complaints on Beta. It's not really possible to test every possible city against each event or they'd never be able to deliver them. The events have to be challenging, or there's no point having them. They could just give everyone a bunch of stuff and call it an event.

Lots of people have finished the main quest line and moved to the bonus quests, barely half way through the event. While players may or may not have a legitimate complaint about whether everyone can get the event building to max level, not one of the players who have passed the initial sequences has any right to complain about the specific quests they are getting.

Foldedspace

I've been getting goods quests every other one. It's driving me insane. Even with spells on my 5 planks factories it takes 2-3 collections to do each quest. Needless to say, my progress is incredibly slow. Good thing I already wasn't expecting much from this event. :/