• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

The City Depths (Undercity Mini-Games)

• Thread starter DeletedUser12423
  • Start date

DeletedUser12423

Hello guys, gals, elves, centaur-looking elk-people, and giantfolk,

Perhaps sometime in the future, when there is the time to develope such a thing, I was thinking of an activity to pass the time while playing Elvenar. Using the same grid, same lots which you have above ground, you would get underground. A series of caves perhaps connecting rooms where stands or kiosks could be built. These kiosks each having an Elvernar Mini-Game <--- Patent Pending / Just kidding =D

Ok first, the City Depths. A player would not need to buy these and get the exact same amount in the exact same location as their city above. The more experience a player has (the further along in chapters) the more Elvenar Mini-Games that could be unlocked. The City Depths can be as simple as mostly a dark screen with some cavern art, or maybe something more interesting like underground rivers or something. But the main thing is, they would not have to be earned twice. Instead, lots reflecting the city already built above. If this is an idea that players would be interested in, you could go one step further and allow players to visit and help the kiosks, or even play once a day on one per visit.

Anyway, second, the Mini-Games. These could be as simiple as puzzle games, or shooting targets (mouse clickers). There could be points, if you wanted, and they could have a rank of their own, if desired. But bottomline, something to do while waiting that last hour for an event quest to finesh. Or whatever the case my be. Not an expansion, but mini-games reflecting other Inno products. One could earn and build the kiosks for the mini-games by fineshing chapters ^ ^ Or, something along those lines.

Not my best idea, but a bored idea =D
-Ironman Rob

Last edited:

DeletedUser8946

Hmm. I don't think it should be required, that wouldn't feel 'Elvenar'y. But I do agree, it should have a mini-game or something like it when you're bored. Because when you're stuck in the 3 hour part between Manufactory/workshop times, and you've expended your troops, there isn't much to do.

DeletedUser12423

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. Mini-games wouldn't hurt and yeah, you're right, they should definately be optional. You know, something to pass a little time during the short waits during events or something ^ ^

Risen Malchiah

I like the mini-game concept, but not necessarily for the "underground" since I'd still like to see that reserved for a complete chapter using a subterranean race.

But in general, having some type of mini-game while waiting for things to finish might be nice. I often end up playing solitaire or chess while waiting for stuff to finish, especially during events when we have to make all those wonderful beverages. :p

DeletedUser12423

I'd still like to see that reserved for a complete chapter using a subterranean race.
Oh true, like in the Drow thread? Yeah, you're right. Good point. I'd like to see a drow race implemented sometime, too ^ ^ But I'm not sure how else they could tie mini-games to the city, ahhhhh wait a sec. I got another idea. The world map! Certain provinces could have certain mini-games!?

Risen Malchiah

Oh absolutely! The world map is completely under-utilized.

I could see mini-games pop up on the map that allow players to earn goods or relics from a particular province type (which would be a huge benefit for new and solo players). Or perhaps a mini-game that doesn't *need* to be completed as a group but neighbors can pitch in to work together, which would bring back a sense of working together with your neighbors. (In case you're not familiar, tournaments were originally not fellowship-based, but relied on working with your neighbors to advance.)

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
i've long been a proponent of more mini-activities. The help-chests are a perfect example of something that could be an engaging part of the game, instead of a tedious chore, if they were handled better. I suggested once putting the chests on the back of the people who are wandering in the city, so you have to perform a sort of "Where's Waldo" to locate the moving chest on the streets. Put it on a timer, make a negative consequence for not finding the chest (extra mana decay or coin production loss) then give a real prize to make it worth some effort.

It's too bad that the Fellowship Adventures have proven such a weak idea. The notion was good, but the implementation is inadequate.

Risen Malchiah

When I first started playing, when the message popped up saying there's a hidden chest in the city, I scoured all over the place and couldn't find it. I eventually gave up, but it was fun looking, wondering just what it might be. Being that I only had a few neighbors and no fellowship, when it showed up again the next day, I spent another 5 minutes looking methodically from building to building. I enjoyed the view, but never found that mysterious chest. When I finally learned the truth that they're on the outskirts, I felt a little silly and frankly a little disappointed. :)

DeletedUser8946

When I first started playing, when the message popped up saying there's a hidden chest in the city, I scoured all over the place and couldn't find it. I eventually gave up, but it was fun looking, wondering just what it might be. Being that I only had a few neighbors and no fellowship, when it showed up again the next day, I spent another 5 minutes looking methodically from building to building. I enjoyed the view, but never found that mysterious chest. When I finally learned the truth that they're on the outskirts, I felt a little silly and frankly a little disappointed. :)

LOL That happened to me. I found the one RIGHT next to the city, not at the top but just a little to the left of it. From then on, I assumed that if it wasn't there, there WASN'T a chest.