• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

The Constructs!

DeletedUser4582

i finish Chapter Construct research, and i can't decline guest, and i see what you write and you tell to do scout done to decline, they not have Scout after last chapter and i not want to wait the next new chapter to done guest and clear all building, but can have some reward for what i built!

Pheryll

Set Designer
i finish Chapter Construct research, and i can't decline guest, and i see what you write and you tell to do scout done to decline, they not have Scout after last chapter and i not want to wait the next new chapter to done guest and clear all building, but can have some reward for what i built!

You will not be able to decline any of the required chapter quests until the next chapter is released and you research the first technology of it. If you want any of the quest rewards earlier, you will need to complete the chapter quests. There is no way around this.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
5 guest races in 15 months, and then 3 in 20 months? Come on, were the last 3 chapters twice as hard to make as all previous chapters? Can they blame it all on the sentient goods mechanic?
I think it's much more likely to be a diminishing returns issue than them not being able to keep up. Even the most successful of franchises usually drop off the total participants/viewers the longer they last, so they are probably concerned about having enough people enter the new chapter for it to be successful. I think it most likely that they delay implementing a new chapter until they have a goal level of people actively playing who have finished the current top chapter.

edeba

I'd have to say when the first one came out we had massive fun for about 3 days, and then we were finished all 3 maps and into the endless clicking. By the end of the FIRST FA I hated them. This is why I've advocated for putting a shorter timeline for actually winning, but giving more time to just finish for the prizes, so say who wins the FA is decided in 3 days and the FA team score stops in 3 days and the pit stops, but the FA pages remain open for players to work at those pages. I think 6 days is too long for competition if you are inclined to compete.

And at this point, the rewards are just not worth tearing your city apart to make the room to compete.

Winning an FA is so much work and rearranging compared to anything in the game I think the top prize for the players in the winning FS should get 2500 ranking points, second place 1000 and 3rd 500, then 400, 300, 200, 150, 100, 80, 60, 40, 30, 20, 10, 5, 0... The ranking points to the FS is dumb.

But no question with a design overhaul that makes it playable and puts the competition into the strategy instead of the willingness to click would be nice.

2. Make interesting/fun end-game content
E.G. Fellowship adventures that are actually fun. This is a very very easy one- most players already enjoy the teamwork part and the planning etc, just the horrible clicking and lack of in-game tools make it garbage. The prizes have never been amazing and yet I believe we'd enjoy doing them if inno put in the tiniest bit of effort.
Tournaments could be fun too- reduce them to 1 encounter per province- make manual fighting viable for under 200 hours per week

I played other games that did these strategies and overall they were flops. The increased loading time to switch made playing them awful and usually there was limited things to do because they weren't that developed.

I've also played where they bring in a building to house other buildings, so you could have a manufacturing pod that holds 2 for the space of 1 and then can be expanded to hold extra for diamonds. It could also be a larger building say 6x6 or 7x7 or 6x8, 5x10 and then the numbers are just worked out for how much it holds and how much it can be expanded. This idea worked way better and it is like making the map bigger and you access your stuff with a popup instead of loading a whole different interface. You could have one for each level of manufacturers, one for residences, one for armories. Make them with room for 3, expandable to say 8, well, that's equivalent to 25 expansions to work with. Some could be unlocked with technology.

I still argue that the existence of Portals is the answer to how to make more room to expand into. If you embrace that concept then it's all about the details then. ( Portals go where? and to who? or to what time even? ) Someone told me in another thread that subways would be technologically out of place in Elvenar. Well, I suppose so, but only because they aren't needed since we have dimensional teleporters in the form of Portals. This could possibly be related to the Dweller in the Darkness idea if there was a Portal manifested if you were done with the latest Chapter that would allow going to the new Dwellers' Realm of Eternal Twilight or what have you. In fact, I believe Portals will ultimately be the salvation of Elvendar going forward, unless Inno's Devs decide to radically alter/expand the current city grid/environs.

mikeledo

Yes, I agree and I am ready to boycott the FA because of the idiotic clicking they haven't fixed. You would think with no more chapters in the works, INNO could spend their time fixing things like FA clicking and banning cheats with excessive push accounts. Especially teachers who are supposed to be role models.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
You would think with no more chapters in the works
I thought this was a rumour that they debunked in a recent video?
could spend their time fixing things like FA clicking and
Flash is a little over a year from being toast*. I assume any spare time is going to get the HTML5 code less buggy, since currently it's atrocious.

* being generous. In fact, by this winter if you want to use flash in any of the major browsers you'll have to download a legacy version of the browser.

Socrates28

If one considers that future chapters will not be in our home city it would allow us to really build out our current footprint. However, I do not think the designers will allow us to do that as it would freeze the "evolution" of our base city by confining growth to the "colonies". Just a thought. :D

ChiefObie

Is mana not used except for the roads? I am not seeing it needed for upgrades or on the tech tree?

Need mana to make stuff in portal. 6600 per hour early on.

Is mana needed after Constructs? I'm assuming there must be some need since the mana producing Aqueduct is one of the last technologies. Is it safe to assume a few mana producing buildings and/or the Dragon Abbey will suffice?

Sir Squirrel

Artist EXTRAORDINAIRE and Buddy Fan Club member
Well if you are not going to participate in the next chapter you can remove any buildings you wish really! :p i would guess that the next chapter will use a little bit of all the resources that we are making, as all the previous ones have.

Mykan

Oh Wise One
Is mana needed after Constructs? I'm assuming there must be some need since the mana producing Aqueduct is one of the last technologies. Is it safe to assume a few mana producing buildings and/or the Dragon Abbey will suffice?

Without a new chapter it is impossible to answer, history would indicate that it will still be needed. While end tech in constructs there is minimal. The main areas of use will be:
  • Roads
  • Construct wonders
  • Spire of eternity
How much will really depend on you and your approach to the above.

Bosco

Interesting. So are there other ways of acquiring portal profits besides crafting in the Magic Academy and as rewards from the Spire of Eternity?

Katarax

Interesting. So are there other ways of acquiring portal profits besides crafting in the Magic Academy and as rewards from the Spire of Eternity?
A fully evolved Fire Phoenix and Polar Bear will each give you a 5% portal profit every 2 days. Not sure about other ways of getting them, but those are the ones from the top of my head.

Lady Dastardly

I know of 4:
1) Usually offered as a daily prize in events (5% PP should come up in about a week if we follow Beta)
2) Usually available as a random prize in events - I haven't noticed if they are available in this event, but there's usually a chest or 2 in the rotating chest based events that gives a chance for them
3) fully evolved Ch. 6 or higher Fire Phoenix and Polar Bear each give a 5% PP every 2 days
4) the Trading Station, an expiring building which you can win in the Spire, gives a 10% PP every 2 days

There may be other, older, evolving buildings that also give PP, someone else with more knowledge can weigh in on that. All that said, the Spire is by far your best source of PP's.

Edit:
Make that 5: Genies also have a chance to give a 5% PP (you can guess what one of my Genies gave me today)

Last edited: