• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

The Constructs!

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
As expansions on the grid in our main cities are almost at the max, I am thinking if it is going to continue for more guest races, we could get another plot in the sky like a floating island (like the constructs) to build our future guest races on or another plot under ground maybe.

Well, the three that come with the Constructs are supposed to make all available land into a perfect square, so as of now, city space is at max.

But looking at the city, there is still plenty of space on three sides to add expansions for future chapters. It would just mean it would not be a perfect square when maxed again.

qaccy

Well, the three that come with the Constructs are supposed to make all available land into a perfect square, so as of now, city space is at max.

But looking at the city, there is still plenty of space on three sides to add expansions for future chapters. It would just mean it would not be a perfect square when maxed again.

It's been stated in the past (shortly after the last increase) by staff members that there aren't any plans to expand the grid further due to technical/performance limitations. I can't weigh in on whether or not that's true, but to me that indicates that the game will be moving 'sideways' into new areas/grids rather than 'upward' by adding more space to the main city.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
It's been stated in the past (shortly after the last increase) by staff members that there aren't any plans to expand the grid further due to technical/performance limitations. I can't weigh in on whether or not that's true, but to me that indicates that the game will be moving 'sideways' into new areas/grids rather than 'upward' by adding more space to the main city.
Or they just keep making buildings better so that we can do more with the same space.
The winter set was like getting 30+ expansions.

qaccy

Or they just keep making buildings better so that we can do more with the same space.
The winter set was like getting 30+ expansions.

That's true, but that sadly only really applies to new event buildings. :( Normal buildings aren't really subject to that degree of power creep. Heck, they apparently even get worse with some upgrades! Either way though, I'd be willing to bet that at some point relatively soon (chapter-wise) we'll be getting some sort of new area to build stuff in.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
That's true, but that sadly only really applies to new event buildings. :( Normal buildings aren't really subject to that degree of power creep.
All buildings are subject to whatever the devs want to do. There's nothing that prevents them from making the next upgrade to any buildings take up a smaller footprint, or expand on the idea of the culture-manna-producing-woodelf habitat. A commercial tower that has population and produces supplies, or has a built in manufactory would effectively give more space without altering the map.

Sir Squirrel

Artist EXTRAORDINAIRE and Buddy Fan Club member
I thought about whether they might make the buildings smaller or more efficient, but they cant sell expansions if there is no where to place them! So I don't think that is the way they will go!

Vergazi

As expansions on the grid in our main cities are almost at the max, I am thinking if it is going to continue for more guest races, we could get another plot in the sky like a floating island (like the constructs) to build our future guest races on or another plot under ground maybe.

The Dark Elves and Dwarves can live in the Underground Realm imo. Just run the tracks or roads into the mine adits so they will be linked to the main part of the city and the Main Hall. Either that or have portals that take you to an extradimensional annex attached to your city? Hey fun thought exercise...thanks Sir Squirrel ! :)

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
The Dark Elves and Dwarves can live in the Underground Realm imo. Just run the tracks or roads into the mine adits so they will be linked to the main part of the city and the Main Hall. Either that or have portals that take you to an extradimensional annex attached to your city? Hey fun thought exercise...thanks Sir Squirrel ! :)

I really do not expect new areas that are part of the same world like that. More likely they may reverse the Portal setup and we travel through the portal to the other worlds, instead of the guest races coming through the portal to our world. We would be the guest race instead and build a whole new city to expand and produce goods and stuff to send back through the portal to our home city to use to produce items there as well. I have played games that did similar, sending us to a whole new world, rather than just another part of the same world.

DeletedUser5401

Is it better to use Portal Profit Instants early on to upgrade the "core" right away, or would you rather keep the PP instants to later in the game when they buy a lot more elverium/humaniums?

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Is it better to use Portal Profit Instants early on to upgrade the "core" right away, or would you rather keep the PP instants to later in the game when they buy a lot more elverium/humaniums?

@Samelvar I try to never use the 10% or 15% portal profits unless my portal is at least level 3. Feels like too much waste otherwise. However, I will use the 5% ones at any level of portal if I am desperate for the goods it provides. But that was when the little outposts were easier to get. Now that they are more limited, I may have to save the 5% ones til my portal is higher level too.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
@Samelvar
It kinda depends on how many PP you have. Since I had a few 10 + 15% I used those to push my portal up to 4 right after I had all 16 outbuildings placed, I have another 70x5% ones though

Pheryll

Set Designer
Does the portal bonus actually do all that much for the ports? I haven't gotten there yet, so I'll use a coin producing culture building as an example.

If I have a coin producing event building that gets a set bonus (let's call it 150% to match constructs) and I have a 60% bonus from culture, then the coin I get is the base X 1.6 + base X 1.5, that is the culture bonus does not impact the addition that the sets give, so we are left with a multiplier that is added together, 60% from culture + 150% from set = 210% extra production, or 310% total production. This means that the 60% culture was functionally like a 24% boost to the entire production, as the 60% had no impact on the set bonus.

Is this also true with constructs? Is a fully upgraded portal only functionally adding 24%, and is the blooming trader's guild similarly devalued?

ChiefObie

Is it just my particular situation, or has obsidian become a premium resource since opening Constructs? Many of the technologies require obsidian and the trader is full of requests.

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
Does the portal bonus actually do all that much for the ports? I haven't gotten there yet, so I'll use a coin producing culture building as an example.

If I have a coin producing event building that gets a set bonus (let's call it 150% to match constructs) and I have a 60% bonus from culture, then the coin I get is the base X 1.6 + base X 1.5, that is the culture bonus does not impact the addition that the sets give, so we are left with a multiplier that is added together, 60% from culture + 150% from set = 210% extra production, or 310% total production. This means that the 60% culture was functionally like a 24% boost to the entire production, as the 60% had no impact on the set bonus.

Is this also true with constructs? Is a fully upgraded portal only functionally adding 24%, and is the blooming trader's guild similarly devalued?

I was just checking mine. It is at level 2. The production boost if I hover over it in the portal is 120% for the portal +18% for level 11 Blooming Trader Guild. I hope that helps.

Pheryll

Set Designer
I was just checking mine. It is at level 2. The production boost if I hover over it in the portal is 120% for the portal +18% for level 11 Blooming Trader Guild. I hope that helps.

I was referring to the interplay with the set bonus. Is a port's production 100% + 150% (set bonus) + 60% (portal bonus) or is it 250% (complete set bonus) x 1.6 (portal bonus)?

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
That I don't know. I guess someone on Beta might know.

Question on the quests. For the ports the quests are "build" first 2 and then "build" 2nd 2. After that they change to "have" # of ports. Some players are saying they didn't get credit for the assembly in the first "build" quest. Is this one of those things where if you build it before you get the quest you will have to build another one to get credit. I built mine in the order of the quests so I'm not sure.