• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

The Constructs!

DeletedUser2870

You are getting a benefit though. You're getting 8 KP. You should be getting supplies thanks to your ToS. You're getting relics. You're getting more seeds from your Trader (which is a function of provinces cleared). And I think certain AWs are stronger (someone can fact-check that).

You're not getting "as much" benefit as you did before 458 provinces, but its not a complete waste. And for event quests, just save 2-3 provinces at all times (except maybe mid-major event, when you know nothing new is coming for 2+ weeks).

But the idea that higher-level players need the space more is crazy-pants. If anything, the opposite is true. Higher-level players should be challenged to do more with less space. You should HAVE to delete buildings, or go slower through guest races. If you get more space, what's the challenge? Then you breeze through the guest race, having made no meaningful tough choices on your city layout, and you spend 5 months twiddling your thumbs (and honestly, dropping out of the game).

As its structured now, you either A. don't build the full slate of guest race buildings, so you need 3+ months to get through the tech, or B. you delete a lot of stuff you think you need, blast through guest races, and then build up some of those deleted buildings back. Either way, in both instances, you're engaged for a lot longer than you would be in your world, where Inno gives you 4 charity expansions just for reaching Elementals or Constructs.

Nothing charity about it for 'just reaching' since that already took time and effort. It also reduces the value of the premium-expansions a bit since they no longer give extra space forever, just for a while.
I don't mind not getting more expansions too much, but as I stated before, either they will have to expand the grit at some point since they insist on making everything bigger in every chapter, OR they have to come up with ways to change ways space is used. If one just keeps making everything bigger everytime, there is no way one can avoid having to expand the grit at some point.

And yes, the trader will yield some seeds, that would be a reason to start completing them. But the relics? Be serious. 8 relics for a province where the scouting time is 70+ hours is not exactly a reason to clear them. The tourneys keep me well stocked in relics, so I really don't have a use for them anyway. The upgrade for AW's don't need that many and it's not something that is a daily or even weekly occurrence. The crafting spells require some, but since there are so few recepies I'm interested in it's not an issue either.
And the supplies from the ToS are laughably low at this point, and again only will be gained in something like once every 3 or 4 days, depending on my workschedule.

The example of the residences is there, in 2 chapters now: only a slight increase in their efficiency in exchange for them getting smaller.
The problem is, it's going to be VERY hard to make that work for factories for the simple reason it may make it way too easy for players to suddenly increase production since one needs less space.
One way to circumvent that is to -in a new chapter- not make factories get just a bit larger, but actually double in size (or more) as well as in pop-requirement. That should of course be countered by having the productivity go up accordingly. That way one will require to do serious replanning of ones city.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
The example of the residences is there, in 2 chapters now: only a slight increase in their efficiency in exchange for them getting smaller.

Am I missing something here? Which two chapters did residences get smaller? Was this early game or something? Or an Elf-only thing? I am in Humans and when going from Halflings to Elementals, the residences went from 3x5 to 4x4, so one square more space needed. Then from Elementals to Amuni, they stayed the same size, which fits the pattern for residence size increases happening every two chapters. Do the residences shrink in Constructs instead of getting slightly bigger again?

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Dwarf and constructs

I had to go and look at the Wiki to confirm that and, in addition to not remembering that, I did not realize the residence sizes at that point were also screwy between Elves and Humans. The Elf houses went from 9 squares in chapter 5 to 8 squares in chapters 6 and 7, then up to 12 squares in chapter 8. But the Humans went from 12 squares to 10 squares and then back to 12 squares in the same chapters. All it looks like to me is they used the house size change in Dwarf/Fairy to make them equal for both Elf and Human players and nothing else. No clue why they shrank the size for Constructs, though. Didn't you or someone else post earlier in this thread that something else shrank in this chapter, instead of the usual increase?

mikeledo

"impossible" challenging for players who also have 20+ factories, maybe.
I mean you have 136 empty squares, and 8,000 spare pop-- you could have done it differently.
I have exactly 20 factories. I have all magic residences and WS. I am up to over 10,000 diamonds on expansions. I am playing with folks who haven't spent diamonds and they can't get 12 portals. Thanks for the 20/20 hindsight. If INNO had released all 14 chapters before I started to play, things may have been done differently.

Shellizzie

https://prnt.sc/mybw0g
mybw0g
16 can be done. Do I have max set building bonus? Nope. But I got all 16 in and I only have 4 diamond expansions.

DeletedUser9601

I have exactly 20 factories. I have all magic residences and WS. I am up to over 10,000 diamonds on expansions. I am playing with folks who haven't spent diamonds and they can't get 12 portals. Thanks for the 20/20 hindsight. If INNO had released all 14 chapters before I started to play, things may have been done differently.
Hindsight is 20/20, but next time don't build the permanent factories. I chose to build the factories that can be deleted later. Its been a huge saver for my city, letting me adjust production to match whatever guest race pace I choose to pursue.

mikeledo

Hindsight is 20/20, but next time don't build the permanent factories. I chose to build the factories that can be deleted later. Its been a huge saver for my city, letting me adjust production to match whatever guest race pace I choose to pursue.
All factories can be deleted. I have no idea what is a "permanent" factory.

DeletedUser20709

It's been stated in the past (shortly after the last increase) by staff members that there aren't any plans to expand the grid further due to technical/performance limitations. I can't weigh in on whether or not that's true, but to me that indicates that the game will be moving 'sideways' into new areas/grids rather than 'upward' by adding more space to the main city.
FOE experienced the same problem back in I think it was OCT/NOV of 18'. Any MMO game is eventually going to run out of available, allocated,(per the program parameters) working area. I believe they came to a solution right when I left. I will check on this and advise.

mikeledo

@mikeledo
What's crazy to me is that this comes up every single guest race. The settlement has been around 20 expansions since chapter 10 and yet (the same?) players have the same problem every single chapter. The learning curve isn't that steep...
This was my first issue. Do your homework. Adding 2 large AWs and crafting trinkets takes up space.

DeletedUser20709

Look, this is a math problem from the developers point of view. How to fit new content into an Y x Z space. You can go up, which isn't practical. You can go down, which isn't for the same reasons. SO, all you are left with is tweaking the current space available to your will. You can't fit 10lbs of stuff in a 9 lb bag.
So, you augment what you have to accept the new parameters that you want. This game could last forever, code wise, if Inno wants it oo.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Do your homework. Adding 2 large AWs and crafting trinkets takes up space.
Luckily the devs give us 3-5 expansions every chapter from the map and techs combined. Unless you used all yours up early?
Then for Christmas they gave us a set that replaced a dozen factories freeing up 15-30 expansions...unless you didn't do your homework?

There should be meaningful choices in the game. If you can easily fit the whole settlement, 3x the factories that you need, and every single wonder, then what's the point? What would be the challenge?

DeletedUser20709

It's apparent all you people want to do is argue.

When presented with a viable alternative. you revel and makes excuses. Nothing is good enough. That indicates a selfish behavior. That's also a selfish behavior. If you cared about the game, none of that would matter.