• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

The Contest

DeletedUser51

Dear Humans and Elves (and Dwarves and Fairies),

Please use this thread to share your thoughts on The Contest now that it is running!

We are looking forward to your feedback!

Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Team

DeletedUser2191

By temporary, does that mean it will only be around this one time? or ...

Once the Time to complete all 17 quests runs out will we see another Contest? Kind of how the tournaments work, x amount of days to do tournament, some time off, then start all over again.

DeletedUser51

I'm sure there will be other in-game things that appear from time to time, but whether they are set up like this one has yet to be seen :)

DeletedUser1016

We will get the rune & kp rewards, if we complete the 17 quests, even though we haven't researched the associated ancient wonders?

DeletedUser3111

Btw, did you lock the thread I put up when the contest started? I can no longer update it as I discover more steps.

DeletedUser43

@
Ælfwine
If we haven't researched the ancient wonders technology to unlock the two wonders that the contest gives runes for, will we win anything if we complete the tournament?

DeletedUser706

@Ælfwine ... Today we proudly present a brand-new, temporary questline for you to complete!

This contest has been running for two days already. It would have been nice if we had this announcement BEFORE it started...

@Bobbykitty

I think you will get runes from other ancient wonders, e.g. the Elven/Human ones...

DeletedUser2191

Btw, did you lock the thread I put up when the contest started? I can no longer update it as I discover more steps.

It has been locked, scroll all the way down, you will see a gold/ bronze lock box/ pad. Not sure why it was locked, didn't go off topic, no flaming, baiting happened. Just questions about what the quests were, the rewards from each quest and discussion over criteria and time frames for completing the contest quests.

DeletedUser

I think they locked it because they want us to discuss it here, not there. My comment is that for those who are concerned about the upgrade buildings one, according to the text it says to lvl 5 or higher, so as long as you have some buildings you can upgrade, it should be ok. I'm planning to take my lvl 13 Plank Manufactories to lvl 14.

DeletedUser3111

It has been locked, scroll all the way down, you will see a gold/ bronze lock box/ pad. Not sure why it was locked, didn't go off topic, no flaming, baiting happened. Just questions about what the quests were, the rewards from each quest and discussion over criteria and time frames for completing the contest quests.

I think they locked it because they want us to discuss it here, not there. My comment is that for those who are concerned about the upgrade buildings one, according to the text it says to lvl 5 or higher, so as long as you have some buildings you can upgrade, it should be ok. I'm planning to take my lvl 13 Plank Manufactories to lvl 14.

Yeah, I suppose I saw that it looked locked, the real question is, why did they lock the thread? I was a good thread with useful information, created before there was an official word about the contest (I know I looked all around before creating the post), it feels pretty heavy handed if they dont at least toss a comment on explaining why before locking it.

DeletedUser3210

I like it. Given I am about as neo as can be, it helps for me to have some direction. It has helped to steer me in some good avenues and I am learning about things I might not have run into until much later.

DeletedUser43

@Bobbykitty

I think you will get runes from other ancient wonders, e.g. the Elven/Human ones...

People didn't on beta when they released this feature. They got nothing. That's why I am asking. :)

DeletedUser2753

If we haven't researched the ancient wonders technology to unlock the two wonders that the contest gives runes for, will we win anything if we complete the tournament?
I have been awaiting an answer but none yet. Is it Coming Soon?

WolfSinger

Regarding the upgrade 4 buildings quest - be aware that it may not register. I just had 4 lvl 4 steel buildings complete the upgrade to lvl 5 and it didn't register - when I sent a ticket to support - I saw this posted:

Quests not completing as expected
We do have a known issue with multiple quests not completing as expected at this time, especially if a player is offline when the conditions are met. We are manually verifying them as quickly as possible, but please be advised there may be long delays. Thank you for your patience.

So we have a known issue that might affect your ability to complete a time restricted quest - and guess what they still start the thing - way to go - handicap the players with an issue you already know exists.

I was away from my computer at the time the upgrade completed - but I intentionally left the browser open to Elvenar - because I had this issue happen a few weeks back when I was offline with a decline-able quest, but didn't really worry about it. Now with a time restricted contest - this is truly unacceptable.

**KUDOS to support - less than 5 minutes and they validated the quest and answered the ticket**

--

Also my #17 quest wasn't the produce 700 troops as was expected - it is advanced tools 4x or solve 4 provinces.

Last edited:

DeletedUser51

As far as this is concerned, the only answer I have is the one from Beta which you can see here. I'm trying to determine if it was changed for the live release but I have no additional information. I hope I can confirm this one way or the other on Monday.

This contest has been running for two days already. It would have been nice if we had this announcement BEFORE it started...

For this, I have timeframes where I need to post things which are set by Inno. If a player begins a thread on a subject before the announcement is made, it will be closed and moved to the correct thread so the feedback is together. If there are multiple threads on a single subject, some of the feedback I send to Inno may be missed because its not where the rest of it is and I don't want that to happen :)

Apparently my redirect from your thread to this one didn't post as expected.

DeletedUser2753

I read the beta thread and still am not clear if the answer was Yes,You get them or No. But Thanks for responding and again I will await a clear answer. I will keep this one in the Coming Soon bucket.

DeletedUser43

Thanks Aelfwine! As soon you do know, let us know. I appreciate the response though even if you didn't have more information.

It would be wise if Inno would make it clear what the prize is from a contest if they are going to post a contest. Maybe you can suggest that as well? It could be that someone didn't want to do the contest because they didn't want these runes, but would have if they thought they could get other runes. And of course, vice versa. People might not bother if they aren't getting these runes. Finally, if people want these runes and have to research this before they can get them, then maybe they could do the research in the meantime to make sure they do get them. :)

DeletedUser43

I personally don't need my 53rd rune for the Crystal lighthouse while I have none for many of the other wonders. Obviously, everyone has a different situation. As long as they TELL people what they are getting, people can make their own choices. :)

DeletedUser1016

As far as this is concerned, the only answer I have is the one from Beta which you can see here. I'm trying to determine if it was changed for the live release but I have no additional information. I hope I can confirm this one way or the other on Monday.

The response in Beta: "Because you did not research the Ancient Wonders for which the Rune Shards should have been yet, you received Rune Shards for the Elven Ancient Wonders. This went correctly and you did receive 2x 4 Rune Shards."

Crap, that means I'm playing for the Martial Monastery or the Crystal Lighthouse? GREAT...just what I need ...four more of each to add to my current stockpile of 50 in each...!!!

They waited to mention this until I got to quest number 12!!!! Why don't they communicate more clearly the rules of this game? It's certainly a waist of diamonds to speed through these quest, if you don't want elven ancient wonder shards.

Last edited by a moderator: