• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

The Contest

DeletedUser2824

Now to find a Fellowship on Arendyll so I can get my newbie questions answered and I'll be set :)

My fellowship in Arendyll is newbie friendly, if you're interested. :)

As far as the quest goes, I'm nearing done in all my worlds, which are at various levels, so it's not too difficult to finish even for a lower level city. Pre-planning is key.

vira

RE: Quest 16 Upgrade 4 buildings to lvl 5 or higher
With the 'or higher,' I assume that upgrades from level 7 to 8 (for example) would qualify. Is that correct?
Do the 4 buildings all have to be the same type (e.g. all residences or all workshop)? Do they all have to be the same leveling (e.g. all 4 to 5 or all 6 to 7)? Of can it be combos? (e.g. 2 residences from level 7 to 8 and 2 workshops from 4 to 5?)
I made 4 residental buildings and i hed to upgrade to level 6,no to level 5 in order to finish quest 16

WolfSinger

If the quest doesn't register the upgrade to lvl 5 - send a ticket to support. There is a KNOWN problem with some quests not completing properly (not just the contest ones). I had the same thing happen - sent the ticket within 5-10 minutes support validated and I was able to complete the quest.

DeletedUser594

Any upgrade to 5 or above including pre-existing buildings as well as those started from sctratch will count- but not if it's the same structure- meaning if you upgrade a steel mill to level 5 and get credit, it will not count if you then go to level 6 in the same building. You can start an upgrade well ahead in a high level building and time it so that it is finishing just after you open the quest (disconnecting a road makes the bjuiding pause, open the quest, reconnect, collect).
If you want a quick route you can also build a planks factory to level 5 in under 1:50

DeletedUser3312

I have not complete the ancient wonders and I did get the runes and KP when I finished the contest.

DeletedUser2753

Do they show with the mouse-over of your AW inventory?

Update: The Awesome screen said I won them but they did not show up in the Rune Shard Overview, though it is logical the should and I have no confirmation I really did get them ...

Contest completed.jpg

Message to the Game Mods. When I moused over the icons they gave the names of the two 1st level AWS 4 Golden Abyss and 4 Tome of Secrets Ancient Wonder shards as they did all along for the Contest completed woman, they should have appeared in my Overview and I never received them. I received 8 Mountain Hall shards instead.

shards just before contest end 7-14  .jpg
Shards after contest.png

Based on the following I will file a bug report, but after that I will be, based on forum rules, prohibited from discussing a ticket so here is what i can show.

BTW I placed the jpg files inside spoiler tags, though i would not consider 74 kb as a large file at all

I do have confirmation of how the runes should be awarded for this contest

- if you are to get a specific rune shard: you should get the specific rune shard, no matter what
- if you are to get a specific rune shard and you don't have any AW researched: you should still get the specific rune shard, not matter what

Anything else would be a bug. If there IS a bug found as players begin completing the contest, support will do what we can to help affected players but a support ticket would need to be submitted for the specific world where the issue occurred and we will need to ask for patience (perhaps lots of it) :)
I could not add this quote to the above since I was in edit mode. I have created a ticket as above, but frankly i am not upset getting 8 Mountain Halls LOL

Attachments

• Contest completed.jpg
    Contest completed.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 86
Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser68

I will file a bug report, but after that I will be, based on forum rules, prohibited from discussing a ticket
This interpretation is a bit too narrow. The prohibition exists because the Moderators are obliged to protect confidential communications. The moderators are not permitted to even acknowledge that a support ticket was posted, let alone protest that content is being taken out of context.
13. Discussions about bans and support tickets
It is strictly forbidden to discuss any in-game bans or support tickets on the forum. Such topics will be deleted, punishment may follow.
The REASON for a ban is typically an egregious violation of the forum rules, or very poor judgment, and a further discussion of that particular subject will be blocked.

Support Tickets are quite a different matter. You can freely discuss the same technical/gaming issues here in the forum, regardless of support tickets that may or may not be pending, so long as you're careful that your sources are public, rather than confidential. The easiest rule of thumb is to simply AVOID buttressing your point with references to information that may or may not exist in a support ticket somewhere. We therefore routinely remove such references.

~~~~~ To the subject at hand ~~~~

I’ve tidied up some stacked posts. This remedial post isn’t “just” about this thread but is intended, rather, to avoid future issues and the consequent warnings that we’re obliged to issue when gentle doesn't get people's attention.
  • The easiest technique is to simply start typing in the reply box at the bottom of the page.
  • If you want to add another thought, and it would make sense to revise your recently posted message,
    simply click the "Edit" link just below your posted message.
  • If you want to add attributed quotes to a message that you’re already posted, you can
    Cut them from the normal edit box and then Paste them into an edit box for the existing message.
For a more elaborate conversation, a very effective technique is to multi-quote SNIPPETS (not the entire message which we’ve already read) that you MIGHT want to respond to, as you're reading the messages on each page.

index.php
  • Click Reply only if you want to quote one entire message
  • Click + Quote if you want to quote several entire messages
  • Highlight and click Reply if you want to quote one snippet
  • Highlight and click + Quote if you want to quote several snippets
If you're using + Quote, you can actually reorganize the snippets before you insert them into the edit box at the bottom of the page.

The desired outcome is a single, nicely organized, easy to read post
that's responsive to the various issues that have been raised during the previous several hours.

OVERLY LARGE graphics chew up a lot of bandwidth and they consequently slow down page loads. Animated gifs are simply irritating.

Our forum rules are available at [URL='https://us.forum.elvenar.com/...m/index.php?threads/forum-rules.702/[/URL[/U]]
but multi-posting and graphics are the most common issues.
  • Embedded graphics may not be larger than 640h x 480v pixels. If it simply has to be larger, please bury it under a spoiler tag.
  • Signature blocks, including image links and all text, may not display larger than 500h x 150v pixels.
  • Animated gifs may not be displayed.
  • Support ticket conversations are confidential, and references thereto will be removed.
  • Material from other forums, particularly discussions about beta features that are not yet in production, are generally discouraged unless you bury them under a spoiler tag.

The syntax for a spoiler tag is listed as part of the general BBCODE help
that’s available under the Help tag in the lower right of all forum pages.
Code:
[SPOILER=Subject]Bury your oversized graphics, or Beta treasures, under a spoiler tag.[/SPOILER]

Bury your oversized graphics, or Beta treasures, under a spoiler tag.

We also have comprehensive support for tabular data.

DeletedUser321

I was doing those quests WHEN i saw:
finish X building upgrades to level 5 or heigher!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How the FRAK I AM SUPOSE TO DO IT SINCE MY CITY IS MAXED OUT ON SPACE?
HOW AM I SUPPOSE TO DO IT SINCE MY CITY IS PERFECTLY ORGINIZED?
HOW THE FRAK I AM SUPPOSE TO FINISH IT NOW WITH THIS BLOCKING QUEST?

Idea was nice but the quest is unreasenoble.

DeletedUser2753

One suggestion given was if you can move something small or sell it and get 2x2 the build a plank mfg, it takes 1.5 hours to get to lvl 5, sell it then do it again 3 more times. I did not try this but logically it should work

DeletedUser321

i have total of 0 free slots - i planned my city to last single square

DeletedUser1016

i have total of 0 free slots - i planned my city to last single square

Caelian - you have a beautiful city - every space is built it is true...but I did see you have lots & lots of lamp posts...so unless you need every bit of culture they produce, you really can get rid of 2 [temporarily] and build a marble factory [1x2] space - lvl 5 takes a bit more then an hour...so 6 or 7 hours you've done the quest...then replace your lamps...

One suggestion given was if you can move something small or sell it and get 2x2 the build a plank mfg, it takes 1.5 hours to get to lvl 5, sell it then do it again 3 more times. I did not try this but logically it should work

I did do this, but did all 4 at once - I had the four [4] just waiting at level 4, since I knew the quests ahead of time, then when the quest appeared, I did the last upgrade in about 1/2 hour.

DeletedUser

where do those shards go to? can't find any trace of them after finishing The Contest...

Just finished the "Contest" and I'm seeing increased inventory in my spell bag. Two magical manufacturing, two power of provision (I think I made both of these), 7 ensorcelled endowment (don't have a use for them yet) and one Inspiring Meditation which shows "Currently Active", I think it was part of the reward as I didn't manually activate anything.

DeletedUser2191

Just finished the "Contest" and I'm seeing increased inventory in my spell bag. Two magical manufacturing, two power of provision (I think I made both of these), 7 ensorcelled endowment (don't have a use for them yet) and one Inspiring Meditation which shows "Currently Active", I think it was part of the reward as I didn't manually activate anything.

The Inspiring Meditation spell only activates when your KP bar at top center of your game screen is filled full. This spell allows you to store an additional 10 kp ( for a total of 20 kp) in the event your are away at the time the kp bar fills up. The spell lasts for 2 days from time of activation.

DeletedUser2753

Support Tickets are quite a different matter. You can freely discuss the same technical/gaming issues here in the forum, regardless of support tickets that may or may not be pending, so long as you're careful that your sources are public, rather than confidential. The easiest rule of thumb is to simply AVOID buttressing your point with references to information that may or may not exist in a support ticket somewhere. We therefore routinely remove such references.

I have a small problem with this. When a problem/bug has been confirmed, correct action taken quickly and therefore I would like to publicly compliment support for their action on an issue I first posted here, I don't think I can. The rule is most clear " It is strictly forbidden to discuss any in-game bans or support tickets on the forum". Your response does not make it easier to report a resolved issue.

I hope I have not crossed the line here now. I just think others should know what has happened or is happening. See my post above: a bug discovered which references a question discussed in great length in this thread.

Before & After
Shards just after Contest.jpg
fix.jpg

DeletedUser321

true i could do i
but i have all my population taken - if I would do as u suggest - i would have to either build more population buildings or take some factory / supplies down.

DeletedUser627

The concept of The Contest isn't bad - and the intermediate rewards are decent.

If the format were like other social game formats, it could be interesting to everyone. They could offer a list of accomplishments for us to choose from - rather than this dictatorial sequential format. We pick quests that we enjoy, ones that fit into our playing style or into our current objectives. We get points, and the points add up to rewards. If they were smart, the rewards would also be multiple choice - something to make everyone happy!

As it stands, it's just more frustration. I didn't like having to stop a normal goods production schedule in order to run 1-hour productions...having to do the 24-hour runs...having to run a specific Spell when I wanted to run another.

We keep saying "give us more choice, please. More freedom, fewer dictates". Tournaments and contests alike are ideas that became constrictive in nature, not delightsome little possibilities.

pirateowl76

Here's my feedback, hope it's not unwelcome.

Not knowing what the quests were ahead of time (and one should never assume users will know such a thing--they shouldn't have to know), I'm only just now on the "Upgrade four buildings to level 5" quest...trying to update four new residences (which I didn't want yet) to level 5. I have an hour to go to reach level 4 on two, and the other two are still on level 3 since I have only two workers. I have to leave the computer for several hours now as well, so I won't be here to switch those workers to the other two houses when these first two are done...and even if I would be here, after that upgrade is finished I'd still have to go through two more sessions to upgrade all four buildings. And even after that there are still two more quests. And the contest ends in 6 hours.

Meaning, even after all this rushing there's just no way for me to finish. Plus I have these four new houses I didn't really want yet, and can't afford to upgrade to the same level as my other houses yet.

Perhaps the next contest could include a little more time/leeway to get things done. Ten(?) days for 17 quests (including one that takes at least an entire day to complete, and a few that take about half a day)? Even when starting out, I thought that seemed unreasonable.

I hate getting so close to the end and still not getting there. :/

DeletedUser2822

Finished the contest with hours to spare! I enjoyed it! I was worried due to my schedule etc. I would not be able to finish. I was also concerned that since I am not spending cash on the game for diamonds etc. it would not benefit me, but I am always up to a challenge and decided to go for it anyways. I ended up with 2 or 3 actual runes .. the rest were all shards ...a lil disappointed but I still had fun! thank you!

DeletedUser3268

I do have confirmation of how the runes should be awarded for this contest

- if you are to get a specific rune shard: you should get the specific rune shard, no matter what
- if you are to get a specific rune shard and you don't have any AW researched: you should still get the specific rune shard, not matter what

Anything else would be a bug. If there IS a bug found as players begin completing the contest, support will do what we can to help affected players but a support ticket would need to be submitted for the specific world where the issue occurred and we will need to ask for patience (perhaps lots of it) :)

I hope this answers it.
Of course, I didn't get any runes from the contest as I hadn't researched the ancient wonders yet--so I didn't get squat from it.